2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

JamDav1982

Xavi was player of the tournament in Euro 2008. Iniesta was in the best XI. Xavi was also coming off a great season the year before. Although we had those players before, they only hit their peak at that time. How much of it was down to Pep, we cannot possibly know. But I would say this. Pep rightly took a gamble, and it paid off handsomely for him.

What did Xavi do in 2007/08 that was anywhere remotely close to what he became?

Why was Xavis great season not enough to take Barca above third?

The answer is the club was in turmoil and Pep Guardiola reversed that.

Bran the Greenseer

Pep reversed it in 2008, Lucho did it in 2015. Really similar if you ask me, both had a bunch of world class players but the problem was tactics/squad motivation and attitude/Need for one or two key players. Pep brought in the likes of Alves while Lucho brought in Rakitic and look where we are now :D

Edit: They also both cut out the slack, Ronaldinho/Deco for Pep and Cesc/All those other random loanee's we have that i don't care to name

Last edited:

frog-fcb

The bayern team that beat us 7 0 over two legs was a hell of a team but had the luxury of playing against a not fully fit and focused barca same as the luxury we had this year. Id say if both seasons both teams were fully fit and focused they in my opinion would be an even match

StarLord

Your rule....not a rule based on any sense.

For your rule to be correct then all the below is irrelevant -

Players a managers signs
Training
Managers Tacicts
Analyzing opponents.
Manager keeping players motivated
Manager rotating squad properly

Probably a hundred more but it is clear as day what Pep brought to Barcelona, what Alex Ferguson brought to Man Utd, what Simeone brought to Atletico, what Mourinho brought to Inter.

Beyond ridiculous to make out a manager makes little difference.

It is a two way thing players and managers. The best managers give the players the conditions to perform. If Barca dont have a goo/organised defence this season then a lot of Neymar/Suarez/Messi or other players match winning moments dont happen for example.

What you are doing here is reductio ad absurdum. Of course there are a million things involved in football, but it's as if you believe that some managers know how to do all those things you have listed, and others have no clue. Again, the fundamental problem with appreciating the contribution of managers, is that there is really no way to measure it. Managers change clubs the whole time, several other factors are involved so we cannot really make a safe assessment. With players however, we actually can. We can all agree that Messi is more or less that good, that Ronaldo is worth that much, that Soldado so much and so on... The player's value/contribution is much easier to discern while the exact opposite is true with managers. It is for this exact reason that some people will tell you that Pep is a bleeding genius (I think he is good btw) while others will tell you that he just got lucky with having awesome players and that he is now progressively being found out (I disagree) So many are convinced that Mourinho is a football demi-God, while a few others (including myself) will tell you that he mostly got lucky on a couple of occasions and then capitalized on that. I am not saying he is not a good manager, I am only saying that his worth is vastly exaggerated by the average fan and pundit alike.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Anyways... of all the people, I think Chiellini is actually the most unlikely to put Messi in his pocket, come the final. I don't see him as a guy who comes even close at having the toolset of taking Messi out of the game all on his own.
If at all, Allegri would only succeed if he'd be pressed by two or even three guys at the same time, 1 going directly at him, 2 blocking the passing lanes. If they manage to do that for 90 minutes, Messi might be in Juve's pocket. Otherwise he will get those one or two clinical passes to Neymar or Suarez and the rest will be history.

They will play exactly like they did against Real in the second leg. No individual duels whatsoever, just 2 lines of 4 a la Atletico last season. However, I don't think they can contain Barca's front 3 and I don't think their attack is sufficiently strong enough to win them the tie. Also, Neymar and Suarez should try to force individual duels in the box because the Juve defenders are pretty clumsy in the tackle.

Bran the Greenseer

If they're going to play like Atletico we'll be fine I think, considering we just beat atletico without Suarez and pretty comfortably, and atletico are without a doubt the most intense team in world football.

JamDav1982

What you are doing here is reductio ad absurdum. Of course there are a million things involved in football, but it's as if you believe that some managers know how to do all those things you have listed, and others have no clue. Again, the fundamental problem with appreciating the contribution of managers, is that there is really no way to measure it. Managers change clubs the whole time, several other factors are involved so we cannot really make a safe assessment. With players however, we actually can. We can all agree that Messi is more or less that good, that Ronaldo is worth that much, that Soldado so much and so on... The player's value/contribution is much easier to discern while the exact opposite is true with managers. It is for this exact reason that some people will tell you that Pep is a bleeding genius (I think he is good btw) while others will tell you that he just got lucky with having awesome players and that he is now progressively being found out (I disagree) So many are convinced that Mourinho is a football demi-God, while a few others (including myself) will tell you that he mostly got lucky on a couple of occasions and then capitalized on that. I am not saying he is not a good manager, I am only saying that his worth is vastly exaggerated by the average fan and pundit alike.

You are waffling now.

Top managers make a big difference to clubs and poor ones are found out.

It is a two way thing a good group of players will only dominate the way Barca have if they are well organised, trained, motivated and the correct players are brought in.

Having the correct group of players is not out with a managers job anyway. Lucho this season gave green light to Bravo, Mathieu, Suarez, Rakitic and helped persuade Xavi to stay.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They will play exactly like they did against Real in the second leg. No individual duels whatsoever, just 2 lines of 4 a la Atletico last season. However, I don't think they can contain Barca's front 3 and I don't think their attack is sufficiently strong enough to win them the tie. Also, Neymar and Suarez should try to force individual duels in the box because the Juve defenders are pretty clumsy in the tackle.

I agree. I actually still maintain the opinion that Juve are actually not really a great side. Their only really good performances in the CL this season were against Real and they only did (could do) so much to deny them and hurt them on the break. Add in some of that infamous Real hybris, and you have your recipe for disaster. But I don't think Barca will carry that same hybris and not only because it is the frikkin final. Their intensity will be just as high as Juve's and then it is down to quality of the players, which will see them through. I think this will end with a comfortable Barca win 3-1 or 3-0.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Okay, those two are the best I've ever seen, the creators really do well to show off the emotions of the team and the fans which is the best part about football.

Then you need to watch this :)

iERA is one of the best football editors there is, and to make things better he's also a big Messi fan, I can't wait for his video covering our trebble journey if we achieve it!

Btw, how do you guys embed vimeo here ?

Last edited:

adRHCP

If we score first, then definitely yes.

Otherwise it can be a very long night for us. The first goal will be extremely crucial. If we play like we did against Bayern in the first leg, then I see little to no chance of losing the final. If we play like we did against City and PSG, we are also primed to be the winners. But if not, then we are in some deep trouble, Juventus have proven their worth this season. I am especially in awe of Tevez and even more so Vidal.

Specially if you perform as you did against Bayern, that kind of pressure would certainly put in big trouble to our team, Pirlo amongst them all who's prone to lose the ball under pressure.

Home of Barca Fans