Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

"Now Mundo Deportivo reports De Jong has rejected a new contract from Barcelona that runs until 2029. That he turned this deal down is being used as further evidence that the player wants to leave the club, despite the fact that the terms offered included a significant wage reduction.

FootballTransfers understands that De Jong simply wants to remain at Barcelona on his current contract and has no interest in leaving or reducing his wages."

Clear stuff.
He wants his cake and eat it too. AGAIN

Clear solutions as well. If he doens't agree to the reduced contract until '29, don't take him on the tour, unregister him for all competitions, let him train alone
Has always worked when clubs tried that

Let's see how long he lasts. Mbape lasted 2 months

Sell if that's the case. He can't leave for free. That's for sure.

Birdy

Sell if that's the case. He can't leave for free. That's for sure.

The smart birdy is trying to play the same card as in summer 22.
'I am not leaving, I am not reducing'
and still continue screwing the club

There can be only one answer to this.
Allemany showed the way with Dembele, but they didn't let him follow up.
Mbape caved in after 2 months of not being part of the team.
I hope Deco and Laporta can still save their ass and Laporta's disastrous spell by taking the right measures here

Blanco

Bro deffered his wages to help barca and now he is “screwing the club”, because… he doesnt want to reduce his salary 😀 Soon there will be no world class players that want to join barca, if thats not the case already.

malvolio

Bro deffered his wages to help barca and now he is “screwing the club”, because… he doesnt want to reduce his salary 😀 Soon there will be no world class players that want to join barca, if thats not the case already.
No player reduces his salary, they are not morons. This is a business, but individuals like Birdy don't understand that.

Players will come, if we have the money to buy/pay them. Barcelona as a club and city is a big attraction.

FDJ isn't the biggest money pit in this club's recent history. But he'll leave with 80-100 mil euros in his accounts. He was top earner after Messi left and that should have meant he is our best player, but he wasn't. In the only season we won the league with him in the squad Stegen was our best player(was actually player of the season in LL).

iniestaGOAT

Frenkie de Jong does not want to renew his contract with Barcelona nor accept a transfer. His idea is to continue with the contract he signed in 2020.

We need to kick him out of the club ASAP.

Iniesta Ultra

Maybe he knows the club wasted their money with Xavi and his signings so his salary wasn't the culprit in their financial problems. He also sees real dead weight around him on the pitch who need sold first. If we get a proper coach to turn things around he might be willing to negotiate.

jamrock

So de jong should be our mini SD and financial VP.

Because what he's so great, has offered so much to the club on and off the pitch, while making massive personal and financial sacrifices.

Kul_z

Not against selling, but not like warmongers in this thread are preaching. If we sell kounde, raphinha, torres then his sale might get on the table. Pure idiocracy in here

Joan

De Jong’s contract isn’t up until July 2026 but the club needs to sort it out while they still have leverage. If he stays without extending then it’s all lost. Birdy’s proposition might seem radical but it might be our only choice.

Btw. sincerely doubt anyone agrees to match his current salary if the numbers I saw are to be believed.

Skalman

seems so fucking unmotivated, is it only fun to play offence? you are older than that, suck up your responsibility for fuck sake

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"It's obvious, isn't it? Frenkie is a very important player and he feels comfortable at the club. It all depends on him," Xavi has told the media when asked about Frenkie de Jong's situation.

"This is not the right time to talk about this. There are four months left in the season and we are not talking about possible departures. We are thinking about La Liga and the Champions League.

"Frenkie has had good games and others not so good, like the entire team. We have lacked consistency and regularity. We all have to take a step forward," the Barca boss also said.

More on Tribuna.com:

Porque

Imagine taking Laporta to the world's best buffet and then telling him he can only eat one plate.

That's how Frenkie feels when you ask him to lower his wage.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Frenkie destroying the press

The Dutchman was speaking ahead of the Catalans' Champions League last 16 first leg clash with Napoli this week, and took the opportunity to fire back at the press which has made him "angry" for some of the things it writes about the 26-year-old.

"Things come out that aren't true. I can't understand why they go around saying things that are lies. It's a little embarrassing," the former Ajax man stated.

"You're talking about my contract," De Jong said later, adding that "there's a lot of smoke" flying around if it is being claimed that he is earning over $40 million a year.

Just under a fortnight ago, Esport3 in Catalonia reported that De Jong is currently the highest-paid member of the Barca squad who will earn $26.7 million (€24.8 million) this season, $25 million (€23.2 million) next term, and $24.8 million (€23 million) in the final year of his contract which expires in mid-2026.

"But this is far from the truth. I'm very happy at Barca, it's the club of my dreams. I hope to stay here for many years," said De Jong, who is being linked with a possible move away from the outfit he joined in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans