23 - Jules Kounde

serghei

I think it was more of an unexpected window for anyone not familiar with Barca in general. Raphinha and Lewandowski being the names that carried this 'great' transfer window.

After all, there was no other option for us, as otherwise we would have sunk further. But it is a big fuck-up not to bring a top CB or fullback.

And also we are failing to offload likes of Depay, Umtiti, Neto, Puig, FDJ, Braithwaite, Pjanic.

You can thank uncle Bartomeu for that.

Our summer has been pretty great.

xXKonan

Apilz, Alonso, Martinez.

Xavi/Alemany/Laporta are smoking some serious crack if they think that's good enough. One Bang average CB, and two aging Fullbacks with one of them only being good as a LWB. Just three guys we will probably end up trying to get rid of in a year because they weren't up to snuff.

serghei

Dest is nowhere the standard required.

Azpi and Roberto could both be better than him.

Neither is Mazraoui. You go with Dest because you paid good money for him and it is too soon to consider him a flop. I am more worried about his injury record than anything.

jamrock

Azpi---Aruajo---Christensen---Alba

Is pretty solid, not much to complain about there, not ideal but you can't fault Kounde for taking more money, he clearly was interested in us if he wouldn't have been slow walking the Deal in the last days, but if they offered him even 9m net, that's a good 3m more than we would at the top end.

Only issue is the club has no clear backup, pretty sure there is some defender somewhere that is as good that the club just isn't even looking.

But I'm good with that back 4.

serghei

Apilz, Alonso, Martinez.

Xavi/Alemany/Laporta are smoking some serious crack if they think that's good enough. One Bang average CB, and two aging Fullbacks with one of them only being good as a LWB. Just three guys we will probably end up trying to get rid of in a year because they weren't up to snuff.

They wanted Kounde but could not afford him in an auction type of deal with Sevilla. That is all there is to it.

Only way to get Kounde was to have him set for Barca, but he doesn't mind Chelsea it seems.

jamrock

Some people was just waiting for 1 thing to not good perfectly to start whinning, can't please everyone.

We tried he choose differently such is life

I definitely don't want Martinez though.

serghei

Some people needs just waiting for 1 thing to not good perfectly to start whinning, can't please everyone.

We tried he choose differently such is life

I definitely don't want Martinez though.

I would not mind Martinez on a cheap deal. But it won't happen because he is Bilbao's captain I think.

JamDav1982

He will compete for the league. And can do well in CL too, like maybe quarters or semis depending on draws.

Hopefully and do agree if all fit the squad is a lot stronger but the defence and full backs area is a worry.

La Liga lacks the pace and intensity of other leagues so defence may be fine there but in Europe an older defence with isolated DM in Busi could be same again.

Home of Barca Fans