35 - Gerard Martín

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Martin over Valle still confuses me but perhaps Flick prioritized Martin's physical skills more than Alex's combination play - Valle is like a midifelder playing as a fullback, very sharp passing & dribbling

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Ok I have been totally wrong about him.

At first I thought, flick is choosing him because of his better Defensive ability thann Balde, so he wants a balance, where in a game we can afford him.

Now after the last two of his stints its evident that he even lacks that, he is worse than Balde, who is not that good defensively to go with.

Send him to B team or just sell him this Jan to clear space in our wage bill. Fuck Sake.

companyofcules

Everyone would be murdered defensively today with how we were set up. I don't blame Gerard.

If the club believes Vallle has a long term future here then I understand why we loaned him to hopefully get regular playing time though he's not a starter at Celtic (yet). But I don't think he's good enough to stay here long term either so should have just give him this season to see how he'll do. At least he has experience on a higher level than Gerard despite being two years younger.
Fort is better, no doubt

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Everyone would be murdered defensively today with how we were set up. I don't blame Gerard.

If the club believes Vallle has a long term future here then I understand why we loaned him to hopefully get regular playing time though he's not a starter at Celtic (yet). But I don't think he's good enough to stay here long term either so should have just give him this season to see how he'll do. At least he has experience on a higher level than Gerard despite being two years younger.
I blame him, he sucks. He just stands there as everybody runs past him and than when he tries to catch up he's 40% slower than their slowest player. I'm actually amazed he even plays for Atletic, he is really really really awful...

MontenegrinCuler

Would at least make sense if they gave us these news after some good performance of his, not after 10 fucking consecutive stinkers. Players should be awarded a new contract when they perform good, not when they suck.

I definitely think he shouldn't be awarded a new contract in either case, but this particural timing gives a pretty strong indication that the club awards mediocrity more than brilliance - which is the case.

serghei

Well, if the manager trusts him and values him, that's that. Maybe he will improve and show us something worthy of that trust.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even Romeu has a black belt in athleticism compared to Martin. Just think if he's up against Mbappe and Vini, he won't catch them a single time :lol:

Home of Barca Fans