4 - Ronald Araújo

JamDav1982

The pace up top is helping him and the CBs and more difficult for teams to press high.

Need to balance it a bit also as a few times yesterday he was looking for the zinger pass that he hits about 50 feet up in the air when there could be trying to get ball into midfield quickly.

Definitely improving on ball though.

FinBarcelonafan

The pace up top is helping him and the CBs and more difficult for teams to press high.

Need to balance it a bit also as a few times yesterday he was looking for the zinger pass that he hits about 50 feet up in the air when there could be trying to get ball into midfield quickly.

Definitely improving on ball though.

Finally a coach who understands pace upfront is needed or useful.. not exactly rocket science but took many years for Barca to fix it.

serghei

And Xavi is telling him to make long passes. They ain't working yet very well but improving. Earlier he never even tried those.

It's working pretty well IMO. The long passing of all our defenders is going up in terms of quality and consistency. It's a big part of the positional game, to be able to switch sides and exploit the open zones when opponents overcrowd the midfield and nearby options for passes.

We overdo it at times, but it's a great weapon to have and one that City, Liverpool, and Bayern use it to great effect very often.

Joan

In my opinion, it's a priority to extend his contract. Barca already has to replace one starting CB and might do it with Christiansen, letting Araujo go would be a huge blow. His next contract will be a big one, partly to compensate for the time he's been on the B team pay list. I hope it's finished soon.

Gnidrologist

And Xavi is telling him to make long passes. They ain't working yet very well but improving. Earlier he never even tried those.
Actually he has done few great long balls in the past. Very long and precise, like setting guy one on one with keeper almost. These recent ones he mostly fails though.

Raketa10

In my opinion, it's a priority to extend his contract. Barca already has to replace one starting CB and might do it with Christiansen, letting Araujo go would be a huge blow. His next contract will be a big one, partly to compensate for the time he's been on the B team pay list. I hope it's finished soon.

100% agree. Renewing Araujo and Gavi should be our No.1 priority. This should be done BEFORE we make new signings or their renewal could end up like the one of Dembele.

serghei

Let's extend him and start with Araujo - Christensen with Pique and Garcia as 3-4 options. Sounds good for now.

Messigician

🗣 Alfremartinezz: ?Ara?jo has many interesting offers, his renewal will be tough. Barcelona will have to make an effort. They know that the offers from abroad are much higher than theirs rn and that despite everything they cannot offer crazy amounts? #Transfers 🇺🇾

Home of Barca Fans