5 - Carles Puyol

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
i think Pep will go with abidal in the centre as he seems to be first choice, they know from last time about Walcott and i dont see a repeat of it, alot better if Puyol was back though :(

P

PhilS

Walcott is a problem, with or without Puyol. I don't expect Barca to shut out Arsenal, even without Nasri they still have some real offensive flair and talent.

Without Puyol, Barca has still had excellent defense (except for that Betis many-sub game). At full strength, the Arsenal defense was less than excellent, they could get smashed with two defender subs in there for the first Barca game.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Walcott shouldn't be a problem though at all the guy doesn't have a brain, cross shoot cross shoot cross shoot cross shoot and then he ends up doing neither.

Bionicman

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has confirmed that defender Carles Puyol is almost certain to miss Wednesday's Champions League tie against Arsenal due to injury.

Puyol has not appeared for Barca since a 3-0 win over Racing Santander on January 22 as he has been struggling with a knee injury.

Though he has taken part in light training, the defender is some way short of match fitness and Guardiola told a press conference on Friday that Puyol's chances of featuring at Emirates Stadium are "really complicated".

"That's the feeling I have [that Puyol will miss the game]," Guardiola said. "But things could change and he could also go. It's going well but when we ask for a little more, it becomes a problem."

Puyol will not play in Saturday's league fixture against Sporting Gijon and must be considered extremely doubtful to take part in Wednesday's Champions League second round, first leg tie.

If the World Cup winner is absent, then Guardiola is likely to use Eric Abidal in a central position, as he has done in recent La Liga games. That would mean Maxwell retaining his place at left back.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...rles-puyol-likely-to-miss-arsenal-tie?cc=5901

F

Flavia

He gives fire to the team. Pique is one that plays a lot better with Puyol by his side. I worry what will happen when he retires :(

Home of Barca Fans