7 - Ferran Torres

MTL_Barca

When he was signed we desperately need ANY kind of attacker because we were starting Abde, Jutgla etc for large parts of the season at that point.

Half a season later and suddenly we almost have too many big name attackers.

Puts him in a really weird spot. I think he is a decent player, but versatility isn't really a big plus anymore when we have 4 other players that can cover the wings and besides that he doesn't add much compared to the others.

serghei

We should be sniffing for every opportunity to sell him for a good sum, but I can see the same old story with him refusing to leave. I mean he came to Barcelona also to be close to his GF or something no?

Don't have a choice most likely than to hope he gets his shit together as a squad player at least. So far, he's crap even as a rotation player, he does mostly dumb things when he comes on, as if he is some combination of Del Piero and Henry. Know your fucking limits. He tries things often that not even world's best players attempt as much. Play it simple ffs.

Last edited:

Catta

If he has a good WC, sell him to Arsenal before his value decreases again, Arteta loves Peps old toys.

JerseyAddict

When he was signed we desperately need ANY kind of attacker because we were starting Abde, Jutgla etc for large parts of the season at that point.

Half a season later and suddenly we almost have too many big name attackers.

Puts him in a really weird spot. I think he is a decent player, but versatility isn't really a big plus anymore when we have 4 other players that can cover the wings and besides that he doesn't add much compared to the others.

But we were broke... We could find same quality for much chepaer. This was a clear case of DNA-tax we overpayed...

Porque

So there was a deadline day offer from Arsenal for 30m apparantly which Charvy instantly (and correctly) rejected when the SD told him about it.

Talk about tanking of valuation and Arsenal, the elite over payers of pish and tosh, of all clubs looking to take advantage.

malvolio

So there was a deadline day offer from Arsenal for 30m apparantly which Charvy instantly (and correctly) rejected when the SD told him about it.

Talk about tanking of valuation and Arsenal, the elite over payers of pish and tosh, of all clubs looking to take advantage.

We will probably regret that down the line.

FinBarcelonafan

30mil is a crap offer. Look at the market. If you are not getting offer of 50mil, no point selling.

I would keep him as a sub than sell him for 30mil.

Co0ter

I would of taken 30mil for Torres and ran. I just dont see him improving or ever being the type of player Dembele and Raphinha are. And if we need a player to play more inside, Fati has proven much better and he's operating at 50% capacity still.

khaled_a_d

I expect us to accept a similar offer next summer.
No need for such high cost 4th option on the wings tbh.
Get Abde back or promote one of the B team folks, and just pray that both Fati and Dembele won't get injured at same time for prolonged duration

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Cou was a strange transfer - he actually showed us a lot of his qualities before we bought him, than something strange happened and he freaking forgot how to play. But he at least showed a lot of quality before we signed him. But Torres? He had like 2-3 good games and the rest was meh - and we freaking go ahead and buy him for 60ish mil lol. Can't dribble at all, can't pass well, doesn't have instinct for where to position himself, can't score well he is slow and not athletic, gets bullied of the ball - again, nobody stopped for a second and thought about his qualities (or lack of) and said "hey, hmmm - he doesn't have those qualities, lets look for somebody else"?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I expect us to accept a similar offer next summer.
No need for such high cost 4th option on the wings tbh.
Get Abde back or promote one of the B team folks, and just pray that both Fati and Dembele won't get injured at same time for prolonged duration

Problem is IF he plays his stocks will go down because he is not a quality player, but if he DOESN'T PLAY his stocks will also go down lol. We fucked up (again), should have taken that 30M because he will not be worth even 20 after this season...

Home of Barca Fans