7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Icarium

Lifestealer
170 m for coutinho makes 222 m for neymar a bargain

It is the Neymar 222m deal that inflated Coutinho price. Neither of them are a bargain, just shows how PSG fucked the market. They are still doing it with 180M deal for Mbappe.

Gaudi

170 m for coutinho makes 222 m for neymar a bargain

But coutinho and dembele together makes us stronger on paper then last year meaning we can go for all titles. I'm more concern with the way we play than how much we spend on players who we need.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
222m for Neymar was cash.

150m for Coutinho might include certain clauses that might never be paid so it could be 120 or 130m at most.

Overpriced and inflated? For sure. But not that bad as people make it out to be.

FinBarcelonafan

But coutinho and dembele together makes us stronger on paper then last year meaning we can go for all titles. I'm more concern with the way we play than how much we spend on players who we need.

I hope these transfers won't mess up future of the club, though. We are talking about huge amounts of money.

springfield

Yeah he was the one that broke we agreed with a deal with Dembele. he also was one earlier Journalists who reported our interest in Umtiti along with Fernando Polo.

Dembele is French, his deal was done in Monaco. Umtiti is French also. But for Coutinho I wouldn't trust him. He probably has some French connections.

George_Costanza

our starting midfield duo:

Coutinho-----Rakitic

So unbalanced and we still have a hole in the midfield.

Thiago10

It looks like it will happen after all, finally! Let's just hope the price is closer to 150M than it is to 170M...
Even though the price will no doubt we way too high, there's no denying that we're getting a world class player, and we could line up a scary team that might even compete for La Liga and CL:

Dembele - Suarez - Messi
Coutinho - Busi - Sergi/Paulinho
Alba - Umtiti - Piqué - Semedo
Mats

Or even:
Suarez
Coutinho - Messi - Dembele
Busi - Paulinho
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo
Mats

Scary!

DonAK

Not signing proper players will mess up the future of the club.

We'll be signing Dembele and Coutinho for the 222m received for Neymar and a bit more.

What will ruin the club is if we keep signing ageing players like Di Maria and Paulinho.

That's what Milan did.

vlad

222m for Neymar was cash.

150m for Coutinho might include certain clauses that might never be paid so it could be 120 or 130m at most.

Overpriced and inflated? For sure. But not that bad as people make it out to be.

Its bad dude, its bad, lets not pretend its not

Edit: barca got schooled again

Last edited:

Gaudi

I hope these transfers won't mess up future of the club, though. We are talking about huge amounts of money.

Yes this is true, it's a risk but with good coaching and maybe just maybe buying midfielder to partner Busi in 4-2-3-1 we have super team on paper.

DonAK

Its bad dude, its bad, lets not pretend its not

It's bad, but when you have the key players and captains requesting for signings, when you have the coach requesting for signings and a player like Messi still not having renewed his contract, these idiots in charge of the club where even our La Masia talents are a big question mark,

Is it that bad to sign Dembele and Coutinho for 222m we received for Neymar and a bit more?

Is it that bad?

Let's not pretend like we're in a great position here. If we continue like this, the club will get pushed deeper into crisis and there's no guarantee we'll have a shining knight saving it any time soon either.

So I honestly couldn't give a shit right now. We have the money we received for one player. If we can get two players for that + a bit more that will make us more competitive not only now, but for the next 5 years at the very least, then spend it.

In fact, sell our deadweight and sign other players that are talented and would make us more competitive for the present and the future.

Home of Barca Fans