7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gr98

[tw]902926670432227329[/tw]
Liverpool have opened talks with Arsenal over a move for midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The 24-year-old England international rejected a move to Chelsea on Tuesday after a £40m fee was agreed.

Oxlade-Chamberlain sees his future as a central midfielder and feels he is more likely to get that chance at Anfield.

It remains to be seen whether Liverpool are prepared to match Chelsea's offer for a player who would be available on a free transfer next summer.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has started each of Arsenal's four games so far this season despite telling manager Arsene Wenger he would not sign a new contract.

He was applauded warmly by the Liverpool fans after he was substituted during Arsenal's 4-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday.

The midfielder has made 198 appearances for Arsenal since joining them from Southampton in August 2011.

Liverpool have been pursuing Monaco's £75m-rated winger Thomas Lemar, but it is unlikely they would sign both players.

SimoSky

How many hours remain at the end of the transfer window?

I hope it's now impossibile to buy Coutinho.

And i think it's incredibile that some media talks about Dybala (!!!!) ....if now we have 5% chance to buy Coutinho then I think we have 0,5% chance to buy Dybala. And, obviously, 0% to buy Griezmann.

This season will be a DISASTER thanks to our board.

Kohe321

He's the kind of player a coach like Klopp really can get the most out of.

Though I'm sure he must be just devastated not to play under the tactical genius that is Arsene Wenger anymore...

Last edited:

SeaDragon

I don't understand, why does this mean we won't get Coutinho?

Anyway, props to LFC if they don't let Coutinho go, it could teach a thing or two to these idiots (Barto & co).

Tepid water

Not trolling at all. It's been obvious that it wasn't going to happen since Liverpool made a definitive announcement.

Think it will happen next year though.

Home of Barca Fans