8 - Pedri

JamDav1982

Who should start ahead of Pedri for Spain? My guess is you avoid this as it was another nonsense post as if only playing due to Lucho... How on earth does Pedri starting for Spain hve anything to do with Lucho and Real.. go on I will indulge the stupidity of that claim..

Who should have won Golden boy over Pedri?

Your nonsense lies about 'big clubs and propoganda' deciding those awards just makes you look foolish not seeing the truth.

Usual BBZ say he will amount to nothing and when much more than that then move goal posts.

Nothing new.

Iscos best level is far above what you first predicted for Pedri regardless so... wrong anyway if that is case.

Kessie is relevant as you thought he would come into midfield and give what likes of Pedri lacks.. which clearly doesnt and Pedri far better.

Also the relevance of Kessie and other players is your mental gymnatics to be desperate to be seen as right on likes of Pedri and constantly change goal posts to try and make that appear to be the case. Give it up you were wrong. We can all be wrong.

Constant moving of goal posts as usual.

Last edited:

vegitot

Bbz made some good points. Like sometimes if a player doesn't turn out to be good, it's not coach's fault. About Pedri's lack of offensive mind, it's more about his game than coach. We know every coaches ask him to score more. That means they don't forbid him to score, to attack though they may not give him best instruction.

That's said, Pedri is too talented to be same like players Bbz mentioned. Whether he changes or not, at least in this and next season, we shall see.

Isco is just as talented as Pedri. More offensive minded of course. At some points reached World Class level but could not stay there for long enough (just like a few months).

Also, age does matter. Pedri is a 20 years old boy.

JohnN

He is a starter for Spain because Lucho is Barca-agent and hates RM.
He is a golden boy, lol, the same as Ballon D or, that is a propaganda award for the richest countries/teams/brands to keep the money and interest growing.
If Pedri were an Ukranian or Polish 20 year old, he would be worth 20-25m at max and he would probably play at some midtable German team or at Red Bull Salzburg, without Golden Boy awards and 80m Transfermarkt worth.

About Kessie, why do you always throw some shit from the past to make another poster "less worthy" regarding the current discussion?
I mean, I could from now on insert: this dude said that Ferran Torres is a good player and that he'll be good for us when I wrote that he is shit even before we signed him.

In reality, your bad estimation regarding Ferran has nothing to do with Pedri and you could be perfectly correct regarding Pedri.
But that's your way of communication, so I am just doing the same.

Regarding Pedri, as some others have mentioned on previous pages, I don't think that he sucks, but I don't think that he is special.
He'll probably end somewhere at Isco's level.

Isco level is pretty good for our current state. Until we get past the obsolete way we try to play football we are never going back to top anyway. The meta had changed and we are still trying to play some discount version of pep ball with players not even half the level of those we had then.
The issue is, those players would probably adapt well and still be top contenders due to talent.
The current crop can't play any style at top level.
Pedri for his age is good enough, but he should never be the focal point and holder of the midfield of Barca.
Edit: he should not be the focal point due to age. FDJ should be, or someone at their peak. Not a 20 yo boy.

JamDav1982

Imagine thinking Pedri only plays for Spain due to Luch... that is sensationally deluded.

Rodri and Pedri are Spains best players by far.

There is an argumnt for Gavi not being ready or fitting well but Pedri? Nah one of the first names on their team sheet and rightfully so.

vegitot

Hope so we see something from him, this season he has been poor.

Except away game against Bayern.

Poor??? I don't think so. Perharps we expected something really big from him earlier and he hasn't showed that yet.
He is the highest rated U21 player in Europe top 5 leagues, according to Sofascore. And for a player rarely score and assist, it isn't bad at all.

Still he needs to reshape his game, imo. He can do much better than what he is doing now.

CatalinR10

>saw him receive the ball in the penaldo area luckily from the Atletico player

>decided to go for some tacos to eat cause I was really hungry

>got back home and ate said tacos

>really needed to go shit because of said tacos

>got back in front of the tv just in time to see Pedri trying to chip the ball

Home of Barca Fans