8 - Pedri

Andresito

Staff member
2-3 weeks in Pedri time... means he is gonna be in danger for first CL match vs Napoli.
Lol

JUST IN: Pedri's injury is more serious than initially thought. His participation in the Spanish Super Cup is in danger. Within the club there's concern about the player and his many injuries because all kinds of measures have already been taken.

ajnotkeith

What I don't get is the why? This is so weird to suddenly happen to a player and especially one who should have access to the best rehab possible and theoretically, or apparently, is extremely committed and dedicated to his football.

serghei

Not quite luck.

But genetics, human body (for example I made my full development from teenager to a man quite late, as I'm sure many males do) and the very poor economical situation of the club.

There's 3-4 explanations that are all plausible as possible factors if you look at them in a cumulative way.

YodaMaster

This guy has been huge disappointment the last 2 years when we actually started to expect him to be a leader.

Now for me the medical staff at Barca is a freaking nightmare. All our players turn fragile and injury prone when they get here, and once they leave all of a sudden the injuries stop (ie. Dembélé). Xavi’s squad from assistant coach to medical team is full of amateurs, get them the heck away from this club.

Top priority should be to bring a competent medical staff. If Pedri gets another injury after that, sell him out. Another could have would have in the making if we don’t change things drastically…

serghei

:lol: Dude, when Xavi's staff got here, they found Pedri injured. Same thing with Dembele, if anything he played more under Xavi than in previous years.

Get you facts straight at least.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could be a plausible explanation though. Most of Xavi's coaching staff including training staff are inexperienced. Medical staff should be great on paper however.

serghei

Could be a plausible explanation though. Most of Xavi's coaching staff including training staff are inexperienced. Medical staff should be great on paper however.

Nah, it isn't. Pedri's problems are since Koeman 2nd season, before Xavi came.

serghei

First injuries of this type that he got were under Koeman. He was probably pushed vs Benfica when he relapsed. Since then he's been having issues.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nah, it isn't. Pedri's problems are since Koeman 2nd season, before Xavi came.

There's 3-4 explanations that are all plausible as possible factors if you look at them in a cumulative way.

One of those could be the training staff not being adequate compared to standards required to compete at an elite level these days. Would explain why we have a lot of injuries so often.

serghei

One of those could be the training staff not being adequate compared to standards required to compete at an elite level these days. Would explain why we have a lot of injuries so often.

It's not plausible.

It's always the same players that get injured frequently. And those players had issue before too, unsurprisingly.

Raketa10

O
Sometimes there's no explanations for it, it's just terrible luck.
Or unhealthy habits, or lack of muscles, or bad diet, it could be a lot of things. As of now it looks like he won't reach his full potential. He is injured more often than Dembele.

Home of Barca Fans