9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrosia

Yeah the kid obviously got distressed for no reason
Kid needs to toughen up.

Should learn from this fella.

Stunt2_05%2078957371.ashx

However, at this most in time we have no idea what occurred. Therefore, the sensible thing to do would be to hold judgement until the facts of said incident are established.

Ambrosia

Never watched a footy game live in the flesh before, eh?

Aw, not to worry. All your romantic notions of it remain untouched :)

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Yeah a 20 year old should really accept been called a nigger and not get upset by it? You're a classy bunch you scousers ye really are.

I'm sure you're club will handle this matter with dignity and respect like they did with the Luis incident...Oh wait. T-Shirts with the fans face on it for the warm up next game to show support for him anybody?

you'rwe an absoulte joke if you think he should just accept that and "Toughen up"

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It works both ways, don't you think? If you're letting off the accused due to lack of concrete evidence, it may encourage further such incidents whereby any player can make a racist slur to a fellow professional in isolation, knowing that without concrete proof he stands to win.

I don't necessarily believe any legal action or steps can completely eradicate this issue. It will act as a deterrent for a period, but human temper/nature is such that there will always be such cases, even if done quietly. Change starts from Self-sensitizing, education, and awareness on the subject.

Firstly, did he call him South American in retaliation? Is inflicting harm when provoked/or acting in defense considered as grave as the primary offense? The more learned ones will 've to fill me on this.

Still, i would say being called by the colour of your skin condescendingly is more offensive than using a more generic(if i can call that) term in a similar tone.

For eg: Someone insulting me by my skin colour/religion i practise (both of which very personal) is way more offensive than being called a S. Asian. I don't consider them equal for it to deserve equal punishment.

Tbh skin colour shouldn't be more personal/'controversial'/more of a deal than hair colour (then again look at the abuse Gingers get...) or other physical attributes. It shouldn't matter, at all. At least the country/are were you live/grew up matters, your environment is part of what made you who you are. Religion, is the most personal, and I find it detestable when people criticize others for their beliefs (unless the beliefs hurt others, that is)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
this.

i don't want to add to this shitfest of a 'discussion' but, ugh.... do people understand the difference in saying something racist and actually being racist? and stop labeling anyone who says anything against evra a defender of racism, like, fuck?

True, but there's so much bullshit from both sides...

It's a bit funny as long as they keep it short and understandable, but it's mostly sad

Ambrosia

The rumours going around are that he was called "a black bastard".

And yes, i think if he was crying over that he should toughen up. I sympathise but it's a fact of life that footballers get an enormous amount of abuse from the terraces and being called black will be one of the least offensive things he will hear in what will hopefully be a long career in football.

This fan if found guilty will be punished adequately by both the police and Liverpool. End of.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Why this is the n word being freely used here? Even if in proper context, it is as if people were waiting for an excuse to use it. Black people don't even use it anymore.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Why this is the n word being freely used here? Even if in proper context, it is as if people were waiting for an excuse to use it. Black people don't even use it anymore.

Not to mention that wasn't the word Suarez used.

PS: This gives me an excuse to post this:

La LL

Generally Delightful

Say what?? Where do you get this from? Have you been to LA?

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
N word please....I live in NY and I hear it used by every race daily. Not once have I seen a fight over it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans