9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny Kim

Nothing different from the expected for a Liverpool's player.

What a shame to him :(

Problem with Liverpool has always been mostly down to inept owners. The current ones knew nothing about football when they took over and yet they were adamant about paying less wages and getting bigger results. That is why most of the players the club purchased under them are unproven youngsters or one-season-wonders. Very few worked out, but most didn't.

Add to this the fact that they hired a manager whose biggest achievement had been promotion from the Championship to PL through playoffs. He didn't even have a great season in PL that year. It was just that they were a new team in the PL and hardly anybody expected them to finish in the mighty 11th place. Is anybody surprised how poorly his team performed in the European games this season?

Suarez had every right to want a move. He wanted one the season earlier to Arsenal. He knew Liverpool, under the current ownership and management, could never fulfill his ambition of winning trophies. So he gave it his all and played out of his skin last season to get noticed by the big clubs. Real saw his ability and were very much nailed on to bid for him until the World Cup incident. And the rest is history.

raskolnikov

Nothing different from the expected for a Liverpool's player.

What a shame to him :(

Actually his second, Suarez left during the winter break of that season. We need to look past Wikipedia titles imo. Bar one domestic cup with Ajax he had not won anything really worth mentioning.
I still hate how Liverpool didnt win the title last year. They were really great and it would have been a fairy tale with them winning it after 20 years, then the biggest troll in football and his bus show up and Gerrard slips up tainting is legacy, such a shame.
3 images that I have picture perfect in my mind about that month: Gerrard slipping up, Mourinho cheering like he did against us with Inter and Suarez crying his eyes out against palace a week later.

Ajax waited a long time for their third star (30 leagues) championship, losing the title to psv on a one goal difference on the final day, then Suarez joins and the next 3 seasons, they just lose out, dont come close and end up losing the title by a single point to Twente who reached 86 with several last second goals while Ajax reached a 20 year high total of 85 with suarez scoring 35 goals. He should have lifted the trophy as captain at least once but was very unlucky, then he leaves and they become champions 6 months later.

then of course the very unlucky ending with Liverpool, so hopefully for him (and us) he can win lot of trophies at Barca that a player of his stature deserves. Kind of similai to Villa before he joined us, great internationally but had won little in club football.

Last edited:
D

damunk

I think if Suarez plays his best match in against Juventus then Barcelona will win 100%.

I think he has a lot of demons waiting though in his Italian love bite and Evra. I hope he can overcome that and do what I think he is capable of.

Galaxyman

Actually his second, Suarez left during the winter break of that season. We need to look past Wikipedia titles imo. Bar one domestic cup with Ajax he had not won anything really worth mentioning.

I remember reading that, even though he didn't play during the 2nd half of that campaign, he had played enough games with Ajax that season to be considered part of the championship team. I just remember Suarez tweeting about that (and his medal) at the end of his first season with Liverpool.

But yeah...I basically consider what he just won with Barcelona as being his 2nd league title. The Ajax one is a technicality.

Stric

i'm more worried about the copa final, than the CL final

How come? Not only is Juventus a superior team and harder to score against, but also winning the CL is a greater achievement. I'd rather lose the Copa than the CL. :) The only thing that could be an issue if we lose the Copa is the team's morale going down.

Kuchi

Bilbao style suits us, we'll counter their asses of. Juve is a whole different ball game.

We need Suarez in both and he'll play both, even if he wont be 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans