9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

People are getting carried away. Xavi is not a good coach. Lewa is old and needs to adapt to a new team, League and country.

People are emotional as always.

I wasn't too happy with our team for years and I am not too high on any of our current players.

Raphinha gives me some hopes.
Also, I have some hopes on Kessie.

About Lewa, I think that he will be a monumental failure.
Paying 50m for him is Coutinho/Dembele/Griezz level of bad.

Why?
1. well, for his whole career he has played in Germany. A different football, culture, weather, mentality.
It is a huge question whether he will ever adapt to Spain and our football.
But then, he is 34.
We need him asap and it won't happen.

Further, even if he somehow magically clicks, which is highly unlikely, again, he is 34 and he will decline as fast as Messi and Cr7 in upcoming months.

Then, the injuries.
Larsson broke knee ligaments in December of his first season here.
Aguero retired from football.

Are there any players at all whom people can mention: who came to a new country aged 34 and had a desired impact?
Only Cr7 comes to mind, but even then majority will say that his Juve years were a flop.

Long term, this is horrible, horrible transfer, throwing money down the drain.

My expectations from Lewa:
1. Dissapointment
2. Or being good for 6-12 months, then getting injured or totally declining due to age

Basically, we paid 50m transfer fee for 1 season.
For that money we could have just kept Messi.
At least he knows the team and the country.

vegitot

Quite right. If Lewa can help the team win Liga or UCL this season then one season is enough. But without winning anything major, it is wasted.

This season is pretty much do or die, not just make Liga a bit more competitive.

topt

actually, I think he will perform at least in the first season,it also helps he wont need to do the high press anymore
Any news about salary ?

Last edited:

wisconsincule

It is quite funny that Marcal Lorente is highly critical of this move while he praised Bartomeu non stop. Crazy what a pay check will do.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2. Or being good for 6-12 months, then getting injured or totally declining due to age

think this will happen, he will score 25 next season and will secure the la liga title but then he will decline but i don't think he will be one of the guys who will become crap out of nothing, probably will still score his 15-20 goals even with 36....

Catta

Can't understand how people can be happy with this deal. 50mil for a 34 year old on huge wages, with our current financial problems, he will be a Coutinho level flop, if he doesn't continue his BuLi form. Cristiano at his age went to a weaker league and people consider his time there not good enough. And CR7 is a much bigger freak of nature than Lewa will ever be, while also a much better player in every aspect. Add also the fact that Lewa will leave the comfort of a one team league.

For the money paid, he must have one BdOr level campaign, and one good one to call him a success. Two leagues and a copa or two in the next 2 years is a minimum now for the club after spending so much money on short term players.

If he flops, we will be in an even worse situation in two years time, and Laporta will do the impossible and become worse than Barto even.

diDi7

Will miss this Tiktok Cringelord. Hope he's happy at Barca but hoping he flops whenever he faces us - of course.

Barca objectively having a stellar transfer window. Not a guaranteed success but very much one of the more interesting sides to follow into the new season. Xavi is gonna have a lot of eyes on him.

mc_lovin

Finally back to a first division attack with depth and not the likes of Ilias, Abde, Braithwaite, Griezmann, Jutgla, Demir and co.

God, our squad planning sucked.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Finally a world class striker, it's been a while since we had one. So he costs a lot, so what, if we win at least La Liga it'll be all worth it, also don't forget that we saved some money with Kessie and Christiensen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans