9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBfan22

Great game.
One assist to Yamal.

Unlucky on the chip, goalie saved it well.

The selfishness from the other players will stop when they come up against better competition. They will have to pass to Lewandowski at that point and not just exploit his ability to draw defenders away to create space for them.

Overall, great performance after just coming back from the international break.
sus-cat.gif

TemporaryFan

I've said this before. The rule of thumb to measure how lethal a strike is, is not how many times he misses but how many chances he gets. Lewandowski, under Flick, gets these occasions, as long as he gets them, he'll convert. Today, I feel it, he'll bang two...

TemporaryFan

One more thing to remember. With Lewandowski, whenever he is thought to be a waste of money, he gets his game where it is supposed to be. I'm not digging this edition of CL yet. I did not study the new rules but I reckon the chances to advance to knock off stages are more probable than before. More Games...he should not start in the first line up every match.
Guardiola did not mind not starting him in the first 11 line ups at Bayern,. Same with Klopp when he was at BVB. I think that worked well for him..maybe Flick should consider to play on RL ego...

TemporaryFan

I could not watch the match but from the highlights looks like it was Robert's indolence to cost the 2nd goal. Flick should not hesitate to sit him down, replace him with someone else and let him play from 60th minute.
I've said this before, out of all the clubs after Bayern, Barcelona was the least suitable club to go to. I am just sorry to see him become such a flop from otherwise a seasoned striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans