Adama Traore

Messi983

Don't know what happened for people to forget how effective Adama is. Guy is a menace every time he has the ball, works hard and doesn't waste balls like Dembele.

30 mil. is not that much for a player in his prime playing like he does.

Problem with Adama is he's just a very limited player with not much room for improvement so won't give us much more than he currently does. That's not enough to spend 30m on imo. Maybe in other times but not in our current situation. For that money (or a bit more) we should look for someone who has either more upside or who is already a more complete player without glaring weaknesses in his game.

Also, as others have pointed out he has just a year left on his contract and Wolves don't want him. Would really be stupid to pay anywhere close to 30m for him.

JamDav1982

If Trincao picks up a bit of form could see Adama agreeing to renew for another year at Wolves if they both stayed on loan for another season.

Let them slide on the 6m with 8-10m to be paid if dont sign him the following summer.

He is limited but been effective signing and particularly if Dembele stays and play same style he is a decent back up. Just not to spend 30m on.

Andresito

Staff member
Wouldn't pay more than 10m for Adama with 1 year left on contract.

Rather buy Raphinha and keep Dembele if those 10m are needed for that though.

Porque

What's our lineup keeping Dembele compared to signing Raphinha?

Where does the Raphinha transfer fee get converted too?

I'm counting out Haaland, and without him there isn't much top level striker talent there. Only potential but risky guys like Darwin Nunez, Adeyemi. And even in the case of the latter, he may not want us.

CBs look to be free signing(s) (Christensen, then Rudiger rumours today), RB free signing (Azpi or Maz), midfield free signing (Kessie) and nothing out there for LB and GK.

In the words of Kelly Rowlands, it's 2002, I'm trying to send a text in a spreadsheet, it's not going through and I got a dilemma.

Problem with Adama is he's just a very limited player with not much room for improvement so won't give us much more than he currently does. That's not enough to spend 30m on imo. Maybe in other times but not in our current situation. For that money (or a bit more) we should look for someone who has either more upside or who is already a more complete player without glaring weaknesses in his game.

Also, as others have pointed out he has just a year left on his contract and Wolves don't want him. Would really be stupid to pay anywhere close to 30m for him.
Wolves do want him. He just doesn't want to sign.

Also surprised that people think Raphina is worth 55m based on one season. I suppose you did spent 30m on trincao :/

JamDav1982

Wolves do want him. He just doesn't want to sign.

Also surprised that people think Raphina is worth 55m based on one season. I suppose you did spent 30m on trincao :/

Nah Raphinha is based on two seasons and intl form.

Barca never really paid 30m for Trincao as Ruiz was never worth 10m.

All a bit inflated for the books.

For every Trincao there is an Araujo and a Pedri so dont worry.

gregorrin10

What's our lineup keeping Dembele compared to signing Raphinha?

Where does the Raphinha transfer fee get converted too?

I'm counting out Haaland, and without him there isn't much top level striker talent there. Only potential but risky guys like Darwin Nunez, Adeyemi. And even in the case of the latter, he may not want us.

CBs look to be free signing(s) (Christensen, then Rudiger rumours today), RB free signing (Azpi or Maz), midfield free signing (Kessie) and nothing out there for LB and GK.

LB most likely Grimaldo, who Cruyff scouted in Amsterdam (along with Nunez). Or Gaya, but only if he doesn't extend with Valencia. GK seems the club is betting on Inaki coming back after his great performance against us in the EL, and giving some competition to MATS, at least for next year, so we probably won't be buying one this summer and just focus on other positions.

I guess if we improve our defense, MATS will do for one more year, plus Inaki might genuinely surprise many of you, even though he does seem to lack a bit of height, but he makes up for it with fantastic aerial game (very reliable on crosses and high balls) and not too bad of a passing game, at least when he came up against us, he was brilliant at that too, pinging some wonderful long passes through even when under pressure from our forwards.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I feel like I'd rather use Dest as LB next season if needed and make a swing at a LB in 2023 to replace Alba as a starter.

Not so sure about Grimaldo or Gaya anymore.

Tackle

Had two defenders suffocating him on the flank and still tried to go 1v2 against them all match or passed the ball back. Doesn't have the intelligence to move a little more central and play combinations to create overloads and open space elsewhere.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like Adama and will always root for him to succeed but it's doubtful it will be at Barca. Just doesn't bring along much to warrant the investment when it could be used elsewhere(LB) or added on for a much better winger.

Home of Barca Fans