Adrien Rabiot

Jombi

Well, we had clubs who paid us 70m. for Mina and Digne, two subs who barely played for us. Rabiot is a highly rated player. Even if he doesn't make it as a starter, he probably will be able to fill in as a squad player and provide us with options. Remember, this is a player we get for a relatively low sum overall, due to him being a free agent.

Let's add numbers. We'll sign him for 10m. bonus + 10m. salary for 5 years. That's 60m. in total.

We didnt get 70m for Digne and Mina. More like 53-55m.

Rabiot's salary would be 10m net. Thats almost 20m gross we have to pay, or 100m over 5 years. Its not easy to offload that type of wage if he acts very unprofessionally. Thats the risk in this signing. But I think its a worthwhile risk. He's a good player. And young.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

lol,what? We're not paying Messi 100m net yearly. Thats absurd.

The club pays Messi 30.5M plus bonuses. Not sure where BBZ got the 100m from. Unless he is including the sponsorship deals which has nothing to do with the club. So is Messi 3 times the player Rabiot is? I think I would say 10 times or more. If Barca pays Rabiot 10m then Messi should ask for another raise and make it 100m.

Good point [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

BBZ8800

The club pays Messi 30.5M plus bonuses. Not sure where BBZ got the 100m from. Unless he is including the sponsorship deals which has nothing to do with the club. So is Messi 3 times the player Rabiot is? I think I would say 10 times or more. If Barca pays Rabiot 10m then Messi should ask for another raise and make it 100m.

Good point [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

That part with 30 plus bonuses.
Till a few days ago, I thought that Dembele is earning only 13m Net.
But then I have found sources which claim that his base is 13m yearly and it can go up to 20m net yearly with bonuses.
I don't know how many goals or titles he needs to win to get bonuses, but my point is that there is a lot of shady businesses with wages, bonuses and sign on fees.

Also, till now it was reported that Dembele's deal was 105+40 in addons.
Now I have found sources which says that we paid around 10m to his agents also.
So, Dembele's deal is not 145m fee plus 13m net wages but 155m fee and 20m net wages in reality.
And there are who kno knows how much other shady payments and bonuses.

Also, Neymar's deal was 70-80m as reported at first.
While in the end, we paid around 150m to Santos, 3rd parties, for scouting and options on some players from Santos, penalties to courts, 10s of shady sign on fees and bonuses.

In that sense, if Neymar's deal was 200% higher than reported and if Dembele's wages are 20m net with bonuses and not only 13m net, is it so hard to believe that Messi's yearly wages with bonuses are probably closer to 50 or 80m net than to only 30m net.

All clubs are known for "creative accounting" and lots of cheating and shady business.

So, 10m to Rabiot instead of 7 is not the end of the world, when you think how much money is paid to players and their agents off the table.
Just my opinion.

George_Costanza

But then I have found sources which claim that his base is 13m yearly and it can go up to 20m net yearly with bonuses.
I don't know how many goals or titles he needs to win to get bonuses, but my point is that there is a lot of shady businesses with wages, bonuses and sign on fees.

Also, till now it was reported that Dembele's deal was 105+40 in addons.
Now I have found sources which says that we paid around 10m to his agents also.
So, Dembele's deal is not 145m fee plus 13m net wages but 155m fee and 20m net wages in reality.
And there are who kno knows how much other shady payments and bonuses.

Also, Neymar's deal was 70-80m as reported at first.
While in the end, we paid around 150m to Santos, 3rd parties, for scouting and options on some players from Santos, penalties to courts, 10s of shady sign on fees and bonuses.

In that sense, if Neymar's deal was 200% higher than reported and if Dembele's wages are 20m net with bonuses and not only 13m net, is it so hard to believe that Messi's yearly wages with bonuses are probably closer to 50 or 80m net than to only 30m net.

All clubs are known for "creative accounting" and lots of cheating and shady business.

So, 10m to Rabiot instead of 7 is not the end of the world, when you think how much money is paid to players and their agents off the table.
Just my opinion.

A Bonus is not as same as salary. Players get bonuses after achieving specific goals. A player may or may not earn it. Trust me, my job based on getting that bonus. A year I get a bonus of 6 figures, the next I get zero.

Also for Borussia Dortmund, you don't need a source. The club is owned by publicly listed company Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA. All financial details are accessible to the public. Whatever BVB announced is the fact. It won't be similar to Neymar's deal.

Jombi

But then I have found sources which claim

Show us the sources then.

You said Messi is 100m net including bonuses. You claim Dembele is on 20m net (almost 40m gross).

These are absurd figures considering our annual revenue.

The best paid players in the EPL are on 12-14m net including bonuses.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You said Messi is 100m net including bonuses. You claim Dembele is on 20m net (almost 40m gross).

Messi is on 100m gross, so 50m net.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/01/12/5a58feec46163fe23f8b457f.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international...si-s-100-million-euro-contract-a-1187549.html

Dembele's base salary is 12m, but he can reach a figure up to 20m with performances related bonuses. Considering this is Der Spiegel and they report salaries as gross rather than net in Germany, Dembele doesn't earn anywhere near what BBZ claims.

At most he can earn a bit more than 10m net.

https://en.as.com/en/2017/09/01/football/1504276024_533795.html

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...beim-fc-barcelona-pro-jahr-a-1165624-amp.html

Actual sources, great ones. In fact the sources that got hold of Messi and Dembele's contracts as well as other players and transfer agreement contracts. You could say the only actual source since they're the only ones that got this information.

Facts unlike made up percentages and salaries ;)

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Mediapart is more French focused, so take the news with a grain of salt. It will only get information from Spain or Spanish related news/leaks from the capital independent newspapers such as Publico, El Mundo and El País. Nothing from Catalan sources.

BBZ8800

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/09/01/59a96c88e5fdea1a538b45ba.html

Barcelona may have already forked out a huge transfer fee of 105 million euros to sign Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund, but they could also end up spending a small fortune on his wages.That's because the Frenchman could be paid as much as 20m euros per season.According to German publication Der Spiegel, the player will earn 12m euros in basic salary, while add-ons could see his earnings rise by 66 percent. It was also revealed by Der Spiegel that the Blaugrana are planning a commission of 9m euros for Dembele's agents.

https://www.90min.com/posts/5484807-ousmane-dembele-s-ridiculous-barcelona-wages-have-reportedly-been-leaked

The Catalan side parted with the initial sum of €105m to secure Dembele's signing from Borussia Dortmund, and that figure could rise to €147m due to add-ons. They also paid a further €9m to intermediaries.
According to Football leaks, who revealed the player's wages at the Camp Nou through German outlet Der Spiegel, Barca will be writing big cheques to keep Dembele in their employ.
At just 20 years of age, Dembele could earn up to €20m-a-year at the La Liga outfit if he meets various objectives. And his base wage is set at €12m per year.

Jombi

You have misunderstood. They are talking about gross wages.

Do you honestly believe we pay TWICE what the richest clubs in the PL pay their top stars? You also said Messi is on 100m net. Thats about 7-8 times what the best paid stars in the PL are getting paid by their club.

Sorin

You have misunderstood. They are talking about gross wages.

Do you honestly believe we pay TWICE what the richest clubs in the PL pay their top stars? You also said Messi is on 100m net. Thats about 7-8 times what the best paid stars in the PL are getting paid by their club.

He'll fucking say that milk is black if it helps his argument. He really suffers from cognitive dissonance.

El Flaco

[tw]1080910060874858496[/tw]

Says Rabiot's mother was in Catalonia these past few days. She will meet with Barcelona's executives to come to an agreement during the week. Rabiot is still unsure of his future and unsure if he will participate in PSG's winter training camp.

Home of Barca Fans