Alex Song

BigBarcaBoy

He's actually a better CAM than DM. He used to play the xavi role when Wilshere was available for DM.
Very true, look at Van Persie's goals last seasobn and look at the number of assists that Song gave, he is a better player than he is credited for.

Irish_Cules

It's a matter of fact that tall black midfielders are automatically assumed to be strong defensive midfielders by a lot of people in the football world. The amount of comparisons you hear between any tall black midfielder with Patrick Viera over the last few years in England has been ridiculous, even if their playing style is much different. Song even said himself that he is not like Viera but a much more creative forward thinking player.

JackSparrow

I think he should play against Milan. We need to play fast and he plays one touch the most of them all. He could bring something extra. I like his playing. He's been a very good sub for us.

Antimadridista1

I really think that he should play tonight... We need a strong CB against Muntari, Ambrosini and other physical guys and Busquets isn't ! My composition :

Puyol - Pique - Mascherano
------- Song --------
Xavi---------- Iniesta
------ Messi ------
Alves -- Villa -- Alexis

This would be very good IMO... Pedro & Fabregas are not good anymore.

M

Messi+Eto

It's a matter of fact that tall black midfielders are automatically assumed to be strong defensive midfielders by a lot of people in the football world. The amount of comparisons you hear between any tall black midfielder with Patrick Viera over the last few years in England has been ridiculous, even if their playing style is much different. Song even said himself that he is not like Viera but a much more creative forward thinking player.

The truth laid bare in its purest form.

Micah

I really think that he should play tonight... We need a strong CB against Muntari, Ambrosini and other physical guys and Busquets isn't ! My composition :

Puyol - Pique - Mascherano
------- Song --------
Xavi---------- Iniesta
------ Messi ------
Alves -- Villa -- Alexis

This would be very good IMO... Pedro & Fabregas are not good anymore.

Going with three defenders would just be throwing the match away. Our main aim should be to stay solid at the back and just get 2 goals without conceding. And then even take it to extra time or Pens. It would be disastrous if we concede one, which means we'd have to score 4 goals to qualify. I think starting Song along with Busi would be perfect. would solidify our defense more and also Song is pretty good with his distribution. But i really doubt that would happen.

I really hope they don't try to rush Xavi into this game, he doesn't offer much at all in defense and that can cost us dearly. We were outplayed physically last time, and Song in Mid could help us gain a bit more control. I really hope the technical side comes with the best team, rather than trying to play the big names who aren't in form right now.

Micah

We would likely be chasing the game. In what way would Song be more likely to get us that target?

He's a very decent distributor of the ball, more than what he's been credited for around here. Wouldn't have got 15 assists in a season other wise. He just needs to be given that extra freedom to go forward. I honestly think starting him would be a very good move. Since scoring two goals is not what impossible, but to make sure that we don't even concede 1 goal, which could just about kill all hopes of qualifying. He would add stregth and height to the midfield, which we were in dire need of in the 1st leg.

spark

He's a very decent distributor of the ball, more than what he's been credited for around here. Wouldn't have got 15 assists in a season other wise. He just needs to be given that extra freedom to go forward. I honestly think starting him would be a very good move. Since scoring two goals is not what impossible, but to make sure that we don't even concede 1 goal, which could just about kill all hopes of qualifying. He would add stregth and height to the midfield, which we were in dire need of in the 1st leg.

Now that you say that, I was thinking about when he made his debut at the bernabeu he used his chest and quick distribution to set up messi and we almost scored. It could work but I doubt they would use him as an attacking sub.

Minute 1:40

Last edited:

Darko

Keita was used very much by Pep,and in my opinion Song is a better player than Keita,so I dont get why he doesnt get more game time

desoe

With a 13 points ahead in the Liga and we going through in CL, he needs to play more. Get him more included in the rotations, he won't dissapoint.

abual3bed1

Keita was used very much by Pep,and in my opinion Song is a better player than Keita,so I dont get why he doesnt get more game time

Keita was used more as a sub for Iniesta as CM not DM. Only last season he was used there. Song will get more minutes towards the end of the season and after one good tour with the team in the summer, he'll be used more often next season and not only as a DM back-up.

Home of Barca Fans