Alex Song

Superfly

Banned
We were interested in him over the summer but he told Barca to piss off and signed a contract extension instead.

Besides we all know that the true CB at arsenal with barca dna is mertesacker :mou:

Tomchin

Koscielny is a damn good ball playing CB, we have to go for him in the winter if possible, he's a beast.
Not sure if we need another ball playing CB, we already have that in pique. On the other hand, marquez-pique was quite a good combo, so you could argue that it could work too.

Anyway, i think the club is rather looking for a successor of puyol, who's not exactly a "ball playing" cb.

Doobs

The Messiah
Not sure if we need another ball playing CB, we already have that in pique. On the other hand, marquez-pique was quite a good combo, so you could argue that it could work too.

Anyway, i think the club is rather looking for a successor of puyol, who's not exactly a "ball playing" cb.

Then Hummels it is! :D

The options are there, the club must act.

Ursegor

World Champion
Hummels is the prototype of a ball-playing centreback. For a while he was Dortmund's main playmaker last season.

And I doubt that Barca ever asked for Koscielny. Tito made it clear that he wanted a defensive midfielder who can also play at the back. Not a pure CB.

hellsangel1

It;s just arrogance there is no other way to describe it. Playing two converted DM as your CB, especially away from home is a recipe for disaster.

Arachnid

It;s just arrogance there is no other way to describe it. Playing two converted DM as your CB, especially away from home is a recipe for disaster.

Nest up is Sevilla (Michel is no great tactician, but even he can sense a weak link if it's as obvious as our defense) and Real Madrid without, excepting a surprise recovery, experienced natural CBs in our squad.

If Tito can pull those two off he's a genius. If he can't, he's a moron and we're doomed.

Tomchin

Nest up is Sevilla (Michel is no great tactician, but even he can sense a weak link if it's as obvious as our defense) and Real Madrid without, excepting a surprise recovery, experienced natural CBs in our squad.

If Tito can pull those two off he's a genius. If he can't, he's a moron and we're doomed.
Why would he be a moron? It's very exceptional that both Puyol AND Pique are out injured, stuff like that won't happen everyday. RM also have 3 first-choice CBs (Pepe, Ramos, Varane) and 1 fringe-player (Albiol), very similar to us. Of course Puyol is more often injured than Pepe, but well, Mascherano plays more often than Varane, so I guess that evens it out.

hellsangel1

Can you imagine Sir Alex or Ancelotti or Hiddink or any of the other top managers starting with 2 converted DM in a game (especially away from home)????

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Koscielny is a damn good ball playing CB, we have to go for him in the winter if possible, he's a beast. He'll complete the team. Song is best as DM.

Yes he plays for Arsenal :pep:

I heard there's this guy named Vermaelen there too! He fits our usual profile like a glove: not only is he at Arsenal, but he's captain too! :tito:

Robbie

No you don't want Vermaelen or Koscielny -- they're terrible. Actually we have this world class ball playing CB called Sebastian Squillaci! The club has been keeping him a secret to stop a bigger club from snapping him up. I hope Tito doesn't read this forum, because it would be a disaster (for us) if we lost him

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
No you don't want Vermaelen or Koscielny -- they're terrible. Actually we have this world class ball playing CB called Sebastian Squillaci! The club has been keeping him a secret to stop a bigger club from snapping him up. I hope Tito doesn't read this forum, because it would be a disaster (for us) if we lost him

They will buy Santi Cazorla and convert him CB

Meitux

surely
the best defender in the world by far he should also get the ballon dor :troll:

anyway seriously i would like koscielny to barcelona

Home of Barca Fans