Alex Song

Arachnid

Why would he be a moron? It's very exceptional that both Puyol AND Pique are out injured, stuff like that won't happen everyday. RM also have 3 first-choice CBs (Pepe, Ramos, Varane) and 1 fringe-player (Albiol), very similar to us. Of course Puyol is more often injured than Pepe, but well, Mascherano plays more often than Varane, so I guess that evens it out.

No, look. I hate to break this to you, but Puyol getting injured a lot last season and this one is not a crazy coincidence. He's got both an age and a lot of matches on his back. He's going to spend the rest of his career getting injured a lot... and having either Piqué or Masche out eventually is a given. When you have only two defenders, one is bound to get injured. So the rest of the season, and the next one, don't count on Puyol. He's our equivalent to Madrid's Carvalho, not Pepe.

Therefore you either trust on your youth or sign somebody defensive. Song is not, and never will be, a defensive player. So either Tito has got a way to sort that problem out, or he's made a terrible mistake.

Pepe Silvia

No, look. I hate to break this to you, but Puyol getting injured a lot last season and this one is not a crazy coincidence. He's got both an age and a lot of matches on his back. He's going to spend the rest of his career getting injured a lot... and having either Piqué or Masche out eventually is a given. When you have only two defenders, one is bound to get injured. So the rest of the season, and the next one, don't count on Puyol. He's our equivalent to Madrid's Carvalho, not Pepe.

Therefore you either trust on your youth or sign somebody defensive. Song is not, and never will be, a defensive player. So either Tito has got a way to sort that problem out, or he's made a terrible mistake.
Well, we won't know that for sure until we've given him some time to develop at the position. I agree with your post about Puyol though. He is healthy, eats well, so he should be in and out of the squad with light to moderate injuries from now until he retires. It's just the brutal truth there. We should definitely sign a quality "CB" or promote from youth to add depth in that area.

Arachnid

Well, we won't know that for sure until we've given him some time to develop at the position. I agree with your post about Puyol though. He is healthy, eats well, so he should be in and out of the squad with light to moderate injuries from now until he retires. It's just the brutal truth there. We should definitely sign a quality "CB" or promote from youth to add depth in that area.

I said it before, Song has no acceleration, he can't react in time, and his tackles usually end up in yellows. That makes him strongly unsuited for the CB post. He'll be a midfielder playing deeper than usual, doing midfielder type things, never a CB, no matter how many matches he plays as such.

That's not to say he's a bad player, when doing his things, but wanting him as a CB is like wanting Messi as a keeper.

Garrus

I said it before, Song has no acceleration, he can't react in time, and his tackles usually end up in yellows. That makes him strongly unsuited for the CB post. He'll be a midfielder playing deeper than usual, doing midfielder type things, never a CB, no matter how many matches he plays as such.

That's not to say he's a bad player, when doing his things, but wanting him as a CB is like wanting Messi as a keeper.

Some people can surprise you.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/13/article-1331652557402-1224A9F8000005DC-268158_636x297.jpg

Povikas

Brandon
Well, he has recovered 31 balls with 280 minutes and lost zero. I say it takes a few more games for him to get used to the idea of what's asked from him. Our other defenders are teaching him the defensive movements of the team etc.

but like with any other player, on this forum, one day he's a hero, next day he's crap

Gervinho

A3jpyBZCcAAnuEO.jpg

Apparently this is Song a few seconds after Xavi scored, holding his ground.

And in true HBA spirit, Leo is racist and hates song, that is why he doesn't dare to go celebrate.

He must feel lonely over there, dont speak the language and the culture.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
No, he's been told to stay back to avoid a case like Real Madrid where they scored, celebrated even though the goal was offside, the opposition team played on and then scored, I trying to remember which team it was against, it was hilarious though.

abual3bed1

No, he's been told to stay back to avoid a case like Real Madrid where they scored, celebrated even though the goal was offside, the opposition team played on and then scored, I trying to remember which team it was against, it was hilarious though.

that was against Getafe in bernabeu in 2008, that was really hilarious scene :lol:

Robbie

From an interview with EMD

“It happened in July. Barca spoke with Arsenal and Arsene Wenger came to tell me,”

“It was hard to convince him and say goodbye because he really helped me and my family when I arrived at Arsenal when I was 17.

“But when you want to leave, the club cannot say no. A chance like this only happens once in a lifetime and you must take it.”

wtf didn't his agent say he left because he wasn't offered a new contract?

Home of Barca Fans