Position: Striker
Club: AC Milan
Appearances for Club in 08/09: 33
Goals for Club in 08/09: 14
Scoring ratio is 0.42 per appearance

Last edited:
B

blueduck

I doubt Milan would settle for anything less than £40+ Million.

Barcelona just need back-up in a few areas e.g at full backs. Srna or Lahm would be perfect imo as they can play both.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Thx neeber for starting this thread.

So, Pato would be the best buy for Barca imo. I'd choose him over any other player because I think he could play not only CF, but also on both flanks. He is only 20 and he will develop even more and he would be very versatile for our side. Why I'm pushing for Pato is becuase other clubs seem to want Ribery and they are also willing to put up more money than I think he is worth (Chelsea has made a €53 mil bid for him according to English press). I would not like Barca to pay a cent more than €40 mil for Ribery. In our system we need more than a traditional winger, we need more of a striker to play on the wings. Just like Henry, Giuly, Messi etc. Good passing, positioning and somebody that could score.

T

TheLuka

I never saw this guy playing, but as I hear he is very good.... If he is as good as I hear he would be good player for barcelona, I guess as backup or rotation, I doubt He would play in first 11 for now. I also think he would be better investment than Ribery, who is older and wanted by other clubs (and would also cost more).

C

Confz

This is arguably one of the best in Serie A now. Always been a big fan of Pato

B

blueduck

I never saw this guy playing, but as I hear he is very good.... If he is as good as I hear he would be good player for barcelona, I guess as backup or rotation, I doubt He would play in first 11 for now. I also think he would be better investment than Ribery, who is older and wanted by other clubs (and would also cost more).

You should at the next opportunity.

Imo he's a mix of Torres and Aguero but can play the "free role" behind a striker.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ditch Pato, in Bojan

if there is a chance of buying someone like pato, i will slap Txiki's head. we have our own youth striker with a chance of being world class

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Ditch Pato, in Bojan

if there is a chance of buying someone like pato, i will slap Txiki's head. we have our own youth striker with a chance of being world class

Bojan is excellent, but I have to say that Pato is better and a more complete player. But I don't want Bojan to leave or go on a loan. I would like Pato for the left wing and if Eto'o leaves we should get a new striker and Bojan would be backup/rotation. But Pato would open up a new dimension for us.

Like I wrote in another thread:

-------------Valdes--------------

Alves---Pique---Puyol---Abidal

--------------Yaya---------------

--------Xavi-------Iniesta-------

Messi--------Eto'o----------Pato

Henry
Marquez
Henrique
Bojan
Keita
Busquets
Pinto
Zhirkov/Lahm
Cesc/Gourcuff
(Maybe Milito, if not? Another CB, but not sure who?)
(If Eto'o leaves? Villa, Forlan, Aguero, Llorente?)

Promoted:

Pedro (I think he will be ready for next season)
Thiago (should be included, but maybe not ready yet)
?Gai? (Maybe wait one more season and see)

Out:

Hleb (let's sell him while we still can get some money for him)
Guddy (he's OK, but not good enough and Pep has not played him much. We can still cash in on him - Man C, Portsmouth etc)
Caceres (is not, and will probably never be good enough)
Sanchez (same as Caceres)
Sylvinho (but maybe another season?)

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Bojan is excellent, but I have to say that Pato is better and a more complete player. But I don't want Bojan to leave or go on a loan. I would like Pato for the left wing and if Eto'o leaves we should get a new striker and Bojan would be backup/rotation. But Pato would open up a new dimension for us.

Like I wrote in another thread:

-------------Valdes--------------

Alves---Pique---Puyol---Abidal

--------------Yaya---------------

--------Xavi-------Iniesta-------

Messi--------Eto'o----------Pato

Henry
Marquez
Henrique
Bojan
Keita
Busquets
Pinto
Zhirkov/Lahm
Cesc/Gourcuff
(Maybe Milito, if not? Another CB, but not sure who?)
(If Eto'o leaves? Villa, Forlan, Aguero, Llorente?)

Promoted:

Pedro (I think he will be ready for next season)
Thiago (should be included, but maybe not ready yet)
?Gai? (Maybe wait one more season and see)

Out:

Hleb (let's sell him while we still can get some money for him)
Guddy (he's OK, but not good enough and Pep has not played him much. We can still cash in on him - Man C, Portsmouth etc)
Caceres (is not, and will probably never be good enough)
Sanchez (same as Caceres)
Sylvinho (but maybe another season?)

While i think Pato is a good player in my opinion we don't need another young promising forward to develop, Bojan holds that position in Barca and everyone loves him. We need someone who is either already proven in La Liga for that side of the pitch (Silva, Aguero) or we would expect to fit in well with the side (Ribery, Lavezzi).

Don't agree with selling Caceres or Sanchez either. Both are young, Caceres has shown he has potential and they will hopefully develop their skills & push for the starting line-up given a little time. Also thought Jeffren looked good when he got a few minutes on the pitch, perhaps bring him up from the youth squad next season.

nebeer

Love is All
Pato is very good and there is no denying that. He can fit in perfectly for our left wing. Imo, we should have either Ribery or Pato or Aguero for that role. Though signing Pato can be amazing in the long run.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
doesn't surprise me.

he's a brilliant player and chelsea are crying out for some pace.

I'd say we should buy him but it will cost a fortune to get him from milan PLUS bojan is pretty much the same player just younger and catalan so we don't really need him in that sense.

JALJM

I would think he's the most untouchable player at the club. No way they lose both him and Kaka.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Plus it`s Leonardo in charge now and he is also Brazilian...
I think Sandro Rosell was also keen on Pato. At least that`s what I figured in one of his interviews few months ago

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pato is very good and there is no denying that. He can fit in perfectly for our left wing. Imo, we should have either Ribery or Pato or Aguero for that role. Though signing Pato can be amazing in the long run.

I agree 100%! You can't really compare Pato to Bojan or that Bojan excludes a possible transfer of Pato. OK, so their both young - so what? Should we not buy any young 'super' promising players ever just because we have Bojan? That is not a good argument...
Bojan and Pato are different players. And even though I'm a BIIIG Barca fan and always have been - and even though Bojan is Catalan and all - I still consider Pato to be a better player and to have more potential than Bojan has. I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel.
If we could not get Ribery for some reason, we should go for Pato almost whatever the cost. He would fit in perfectly and in the long run, as you said neeber, he would be perfect. He is the closest thing we could ever come to Messi and Iniesta in terms of quality.

Home of Barca Fans