Alexis Sanchez

abual3bed1

Finishing? Just saying

Yes finishing. He's been finishing well this season. I don't know about numbers but I think he has a good conversion rate. Plus look at his goals against Real Madrid, free kick against Elche, goal #1 against Valladolid on Camp Nou. No one would've believed that he could do those things last season, so he's improving so much. And I expect more next season if he stays.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yes finishing. He's been finishing well this season. I don't know about numbers but I think he has a good conversion rate. Plus look at his goals against Real Madrid, free kick against Elche, goal #1 against Valladolid on Camp Nou. No one would've believed that he could do those things last season, so he's improving so much. And I expect more next season if he stays.

I agree to the extent that he has had some good goals this season but missing tap ins is unacceptable if we rely on the person to be a secondary attacking threat to Messi and its sad to say I don't see either of Neymar or Alexis as serious attacking threats when they play for Barca

F

Flavia

I still don't understand why Tata didn't play him in the cdr final or against atletico. I would keep him too, unless Reus is sure to come. But that's because I have a soft spot for Reus, and I think he'd be an improvement over Alexis. I surely wouldn't sell him if the replacement is Deulofeu. He's far from ready.

abual3bed1

I agree to the extent that he has had some good goals this season but missing tap ins is unacceptable if we rely on the person to be a secondary attacking threat to Messi and its sad to say I don't see either of Neymar or Alexis as serious attacking threats when they play for Barca

Missing tap-ins is a matter of bad luck imo. It's not easy some times but yeah I agree that he could've bagged some more goals. As for the secondary attacking threat, Neymar can develop into that, Alexis too. But more likely to be Neymar as he has the balls to run and create things out of nowhere. Alexis has this ability but I think it's best if he sticks to his current status in attack, as we can't have 3 strikers doing the running with the ball and rely on themselves. It's just that we need the front 3 to play closer to each other at times to create havoc in the opponent's areas. REM were the best when they played those little 1-2s close to the goal. Plus it adds some unpredictability to our front-line.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Missing tap-ins is a matter of bad luck imo. It's not easy some times but yeah I agree that he could've bagged some more goals. As for the secondary attacking threat, Neymar can develop into that, Alexis too. But more likely to be Neymar as he has the balls to run and create things out of nowhere. Alexis has this ability but I think it's best if he sticks to his current status in attack, as we can't have 3 strikers doing the running with the ball and rely on themselves. It's just that we need the front 3 to play closer to each other at times to create havoc in the opponent's areas. REM were the best when they played those little 1-2s close to the goal. Plus it adds some unpredictability to our front-line.
When we had 3 reliable goal scoring threats in Henry-Eto-Messi and afterwards Pedro-Messi-Villa we were considered the best team ever we need three consistent forwards or at least 2 but not like they going Robben and forgetting about the other 2 in support when on the ball

abual3bed1

When we had 3 reliable goal scoring threats in Henry-Eto-Messi and afterwards Pedro-Messi-Villa we were considered the best team ever we need three consistent forwards or at least 2 but not like they going Robben and forgetting about the other 2 in support when on the ball

Pedro - Messi - Villa were good in producing the end product, but Neither Villa nor Pedro kept the ball like Eto'o or Henry did. REM were better technically and had better understanding between all 3 men. And of course, they were better finishers as a trio. Alexis - Messi - Neymar can replicate Pedro - Messi - Villa. There's so much to say in difference between the different trios in recent years.

Pepe Silvia

Alexis services to Barca are unquestionably appreciated by any sane Barcelona fan, but sentiments aside, his flaws as a forward are noticeable by anyone (except for maybe biased fans of his). He doesn't have an eye for goal, and since we have enough creativity in the middle of the park, it's mandatory that we find someone who can put away the finishes that are provided. He is a quality player for creativity, defensive work rate, vision and passing, but he lacks huge in the physicality department, finishing, aerial ability, balance, etc. It just needs to be said that if we can get a good deal/trade for him, we should go for it. It also should be said that I'm not opposed to selling Pedro. For me, he is no longer untouchable. That small, scrappy forward profile is dead. Enough of that shit. We need change.

serghei

I think his finishing has improved this season. He scored most of the goals he should have scored from clear cut chances and also scored some crackers -- goals created entirely by himself. It is odd that people blame him for his finishing and yet he has the most goals scored for a winger except one man: Suarez.

Yes, his finishing could be better. No, his finishing isn't particularly bad. He could have been sitting on 20+ goals if Martino was fair with him in the last month or so.

Pepe Silvia

Yes his finishing has improved, but it's more about his, and many Barcelona players' profile, that is the main issue. We have been overrun in Europe because we are small. Many people say Reus, Suarez, and I might get heat for this but I wouldn't want them either. We need to take a chance with an Henry type profile up front, a Muller. A tall physical goal scorer that can bully his way in the box and put the ball in the net. I love Suarez skills and technique but he or Reus or any other small, technical forward is not what we need at the moment. We have Messi, and potentially one of Pedro and Alexis and Delo etc. Neymar is about as physical as it gets for our forwards and that is not exactly encouraging as he is still a kid. He can develop and I believe he will, but right now, Neymar is relying on his dribbling and football brain to get him by because when he takes on any serious defender, he gets bullied. In time, he will be doing the bullying. Alexis, Pedro can't be relied upon anymore going forward. Again, we need change.

F

Flavia

Yes his finishing has improved, but it's more about his, and many Barcelona players' profile, that is the main issue. We have been overrun in Europe because we are small. Many people say Reus, Suarez, and I might get heat for this but I wouldn't want them either. We need to take a chance with an Henry type profile up front, a Muller.

Muller and Reus are about the same height and weight.

serghei

Yes his finishing has improved, but it's more about his, and many Barcelona players' profile, that is the main issue. We have been overrun in Europe because we are small. Many people say Reus, Suarez, and I might get heat for this but I wouldn't want them either. We need to take a chance with an Henry type profile up front, a Muller. A tall physical goal scorer that can bully his way in the box and put the ball in the net. I love Suarez skills and technique but he or Reus or any other small, technical forward is not what we need at the moment. We have Messi, and potentially one of Pedro and Alexis and Delo etc. Neymar is about as physical as it gets for our forwards and that is not exactly encouraging as he is still a kid. He can develop and I believe he will, but right now, Neymar is relying on his dribbling and football brain to get him by because when he takes on any serious defender, he gets bullied. In time, he will be doing the bullying. Alexis, Pedro can't be relied upon anymore going forward. Again, we need change.

The thing is that there isn't anyone quite like Muller on the market. And let's face it, Bayern won't sell to us or Madrid, or Chelsea. Reus is 1.81, pretty fast and persistent. He is by no means a midget. He's the best thing we can realistically buy right now on that position.

Home of Barca Fans