Alexis Sanchez

jamrock

sanchez is a excellent player, just not a winger or maybe he is, but not how tata had out wide players almost touching the line.

we are worried about buying a CF, but if we played sanchez ahead of messi down the middle he would be class

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The team played terrible, the difference is Alexis still managed to score a wondergoal. He doesn't look suitable to the system because the system we're playing in atm is chaotic and unbalanced. In a team that was anything but cohesive this season, his performances have been impressive. If we sell this guy is gonna be the biggest mistake since the departure of Toure.

Impressive huh? In the last 21 games for Barcelona Alexis has scored 5 goals. 21 games, 5 goals. In 9 UCL games this season Alexis scored ZERO goals. In his career for Barcelona in the UCL, spanning 24 games in total, Alexis has scored just three goals.

This is a forward mind you, not a midfielder, not a fullback, but a forward.

But it's all ok, he brings great work rate, right.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm sure he has scored more goals than 1 in the UCL. Off the top of my head he scored a brace against Leverkusen and a goal against Benfica.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Impressive huh? In the last 21 games for Barcelona Alexis has scored 5 goals. 21 games, 5 goals. In 9 UCL games this season Alexis scored ZERO goals. In his career for Barcelona in the UCL, spanning 24 games in total, Alexis has scored ONE goal. ONE!!

This is a forward mind you, not a midfielder, not a fullback, but a forward.

But it's all ok, he brings great work rate, right.

At least he doesn't cheat on his taxes.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What is this system everyone is talking about :confused:

Alexis is not a wing forward in a 4-3-3 system for Barcelona. That system requires true wing forwards capable of moving around, taking on markers and constantly threatening the goal and creating scoring on their own, apart of course from being involved in the team passing play and high pressing. Alexis can press well enough, but his link-up play is not great, he cannot dribble to save his life and every time he does he trips on his own feet, and he cannot threaten the goals consistently because he cannot create scoring for himself.

Alexis is more suited to a wide midfield/wide winger role of a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 in which he can support a main striker(s) with creativity, work rate and dirty work.

One fluky goal and people have forgotten countless games of futility and total inability to threaten the goal the past 2 months.

Kerrybai

I'm sure he has scored more goals than 1 in the UCL. Off the top of my head he scored a brace against Leverkusen and a goal against Benfica.

3 in 24 games. Awful return. :angry:

I'd like to see him play in front of Messi.

Alexis is not a wing forward in a 4-3-3 system for Barcelona. That system requires true wing forwards capable of moving around, taking on markers and constantly threatening the goal and creating scoring on their own, apart of course from being involved in the team passing play and high pressing. Alexis can press well enough, but his link-up play is not great, he cannot dribble to save his life and every time he does he trips on his own feet, and he cannot threaten the goals consistently because he cannot create scoring for himself.

Alexis is more suited to a wide midfield/wide winger role of a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 in which he can support a main striker(s) with creativity, work rate and dirty work.

One fluky goal and people have forgotten countless games of futility and total inability to threaten the goal the past 2 months.

Great Post. I'd take 30 million plus for him and run with it. If he is staying then he needs to play a different role.

Ursegor

World Champion
Leave Alexis alone and follow me to the Neyflop thread. I'll post some gifs so we can hate on him together.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

By these standards Pedro isn't suited for our 'system' aswell. Yet people scream he is the right winger for us.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
By these standards Pedro isn't suited for our 'system' aswell. Yet people scream he is the right winger for us.

Incorrect. Pedro might not be as overall talented as Alexis nor many other players out there, but Pedro can create scoring for himself far better than Alexis, and is also a better link-up player. Pedro still suffers from inability to consistently beat his marker. but he needs less moves to get a shot off.

The team needs better players up front than both though.

Home of Barca Fans