Andrés Iniesta

Kerrybai

Hm he plays like he has glue on his foot!

I'm possibly the biggest Messi fan boy going but in really tight spaces I think Iniesta is the better dribbler. The ball just doesn't leave his feet.

He just glides and is capable of turning in any direction without even looking at the ball, almost like a robot who is gliding on ice.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Messi is the better dribbler: does it faster, in smaller space against double the defenders but iniesta is excellent.

What needs to be realized is that it is completely different dribbling players in the middle versus the box or final third when decent defenders back and and don't press like a lot of "midfielders" do. They simply block the shot and through pass while in the middle players over commit much easier but yes Iniesta is brilliant at the bit! However it takes a higher level ability in final third.

Also, only if Iniesta had a shot off with that Cesc exchange! Would have been one of the goals of the tournament.

DinhoR10

Messi is the better dribbler: does it faster, in smaller space against double the defenders but iniesta is excellent.

What needs to be realized is that it is completely different dribbling players in the middle versus the box or final third when decent defenders back and and don't press like a lot of "midfielders" do. They simply block the shot and through pass while in the middle players over commit much easier but yes Iniesta is brilliant at the bit! However it takes a higher level ability in final third.

Also, only if Iniesta had a shot off with that Cesc exchange! Would have been one of the goals of the tournament.

Im not saying iniesta is the better dribbler, I think they're both equal just different styles since iniesta dribbles inside the box and in the final third just fine. But Messi does not beat double the players iniesta does they both have beaten 5 players when playing at their best, messi's looks better cause he usually has a goal at the end of it though while iniesta will probably pass it to messi after he's done.

B

beautifulgame

Im not saying iniesta is the better dribbler, I think they're both equal just different styles since iniesta dribbles inside the box and in the final third just fine. But Messi does not beat double the players iniesta does they both have beaten 5 players when playing at their best, messi's looks better cause he usually has a goal at the end of it though while iniesta will probably pass it to messi after he's done.

You make good points but consider mine. A dribble that beats a player that does backs up and does well not to commit versus a dribble versus even multiple players that commit is a much higher order skill and that is why players like Messi and Neymar are valued so high (with ability to finish like you say but iniesta is an underrated finished IMO!) They are differently brilliant. The difference tho is Messi can largely do what Iniesta does with dribble but not vice verse.

DinhoR10

You make good points but consider mine. A dribble that beats a player that does backs up and does well not to commit versus a dribble versus even multiple players that commit is a much higher order skill and that is why players like Messi and Neymar are valued so high (with ability to finish like you say but iniesta is an underrated finished IMO!) They are differently brilliant. The difference tho is Messi can largely do what Iniesta does with dribble but not vice verse.

Okay, I see what you're saying, iniesta does have the advatange in that players commit for him and his style is kind of perfect for that since he can just side step them easily. I dont know if this is my iniesta bias but i believe iniesta is if only slightly better in the midfield dribbling and handling pressure wise in that he loses the ball less under pressure (Lately atleast but messi is still not 100%) but its not by much and again might be an imaginary edge only I see.

And i'm of the opinion that iniesta has a great shot certainly good enough for a professional midfielder but he hardly uses it and he isnt as consistent as someone like Cesc. But he scores when you need him to so it doesnt matter to me.

B

beautifulgame

Okay, I see what you're saying, iniesta does have the advatange in that players commit for him and his style is kind of perfect for that since he can just side step them easily. I dont know if this is my iniesta bias but i believe iniesta is if only slightly better in the midfield dribbling and handling pressure wise in that he loses the ball less under pressure (Lately atleast but messi is still not 100%) but its not by much and again might be an imaginary edge only I see.

And i'm of the opinion that iniesta has a great shot certainly good enough for a professional midfielder but he hardly uses it and he isnt as consistent as someone like Cesc. But he scores when you need him to so it doesnt matter to me.

I concur iniesta is better at evading and holding possession somewhat and his finish is decent IMO much better than some give credit.

Armando929

Messi has that burst of speed that separates him from everyone. Messi can dribble at full speed and the ball still doesn't leave his feet. That's just uncanny.

Iniesta on the other hand is really good at slowing it down, and then with a subtle touch ghosting past his defenders.

If there is one thing Iniesta does better than Messi its hold possession. At his best, he NEVER loses the ball. Messi is riskier and takes more chances and thus he'll lose the ball a bit more, but he'll also get those goals and create those plays.

Pretty crazy how Barca have likely the 3 best dribblers on the planet on their side with Messi, Iniesta, and Neymar.

B

beautifulgame

Messi has that burst of speed that separates him from everyone. Messi can dribble at full speed and the ball still doesn't leave his feet. That's just uncanny.

Iniesta on the other hand is really good at slowing it down, and then with a subtle touch ghosting past his defenders.

If there is one thing Iniesta does better than Messi its hold possession. At his best, he NEVER loses the ball. Messi is riskier and takes more chances and thus he'll lose the ball a bit more, but he'll also get those goals and create those plays.

Pretty crazy how Barca have likely the 3 best dribblers on the planet on their side with Messi, Iniesta, and Neymar.

ribery.

ribery is pretty excellent dribbler.

Home of Barca Fans