Andres Iniesta

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yeah, Zidane is only better in "heading" :lol:

and shooting.

and leadership.

admittedly he only became more of a leader as he got older, and I'm confident iniesta will match him in that regard, but shooting is the crucial difference.

zizou was never prolific, but when he shot you had some belief it would at least hit the target. with iniesta, notsomuch.

I mean I compared him to zizou, but I see his career going more the way of judas laudrup. a genius on the pitch but a lack of big goals on the big stage will basically mean he isn't rated as highly as he should be by the rest of the world. not in the long-term. he can't live off that chelsea goal forever.

Co0ter

Zidane's reputation had to do with his key goals and the way he organized any side he played for, he was brilliant on the ball, much like Iniesta. Iniesta is still relatively young, however I dont ever see him becoming any sort of consistent goalscorer or having the shot Zidane had. For this too, I agree, he probably wont be remembered internationally as Zidane was. You mentioned Ronaldinho didn't have that great of a world cup, which he didn't, but his La Liga reputation extended to a lot more than La Liga watchers, I didn't get your comment related to that. He played well against any team from any league, thats what I think made the difference. The guy is internationally known, and player of the decade.

iced1776

While its great to see Iniesta back on form as far as dribbling and passing goes, he has been holding on to the ball way way way way too long. I can't even count how many times tonight he looked at an open player, and decided to spin back into traffic instead. The same can be said about his finishing, twice tonight he was in position to get a touch into an open net and held off.

Co0ter

Iniesta doesn't have confidence in his finishing ability. He isn't the best at finding the net but he has definately had a few clearcut chances this season where finishing should of been inevitable; his run into the box today being one of them.

If he could establish at least some sort of finishing prowess he'd truely become a player to remember.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He has been a little bit inconsistent throughout matches, one minute he is the boss on the field, the next disappears... However, one thing that cannot be denied is that in difficult matches he is always trying and working hard, he may play bad once in a while but the attitude is undeniable...

Juan03

that run to the box was God-like.. if he finds the confidence to shoot and improve that i believe we would be unstoppable

iced1776

Its not that he isn't confident to shoot, its that his shot is pure garbage. Its unfortunate but his shot power is simply weak.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Thing is he has great technique and can play pinpoint passes with power. If you can do that there's no technical reason why you can't finish, only mental. Pep and the coaches need to work with him and get him to shoot more often. When he has time to think he always fails to shoot or cocks it up. Against Chelsea he didn't think he just smashed it and look what happened.

His run last night was incredible, but he had space to slot it with his right foot, instead he cut back again and allowed the other defender to get back. One dummy too many tbh.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah. Last night wasn't the first time he's done that. Each time you keep thinking, "What a gold that would have been".

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
and shooting.

and leadership.

admittedly he only became more of a leader as he got older, and I'm confident iniesta will match him in that regard, but shooting is the crucial difference.

zizou was never prolific, but when he shot you had some belief it would at least hit the target. with iniesta, notsomuch.

I mean I compared him to zizou, but I see his career going more the way of judas laudrup. a genius on the pitch but a lack of big goals on the big stage will basically mean he isn't rated as highly as he should be by the rest of the world. not in the long-term. he can't live off that chelsea goal forever.
Agreed, but do you really need leadership? I mean, you can't have 6 leaders in one locker room, it'll end up in chaos. We have Puyol and when he's gone Xavi will coordinate the boys in a good way, so there's no need for Andres to be that specific leader.

By heading I meant this btw:
[YOUTUBE]yUjFRKWk6gQ[/YOUTUBE]

Home of Barca Fans