Andy Carroll

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
In the premier league being the operative words.

You can't deny his skill set is perfect for the epl, because it is.

;)

ammarfcb

ze special one
He didn't set the price and the price is not his fault so why judge him on that?

Judge him on his capabilities now and in the future.

im not blaming him i blame Liverpool completely. if i was below average striker i would take 35m any day.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
In the premier league being the operative words.

You can't deny his skill set is perfect for the epl, because it is.

;)

He has the skill set to be a useful player in the EPL, even by EPL standards you need more technique than that to be consistently dominant. With the right support he'll look better than he does now, but he will be lucky if he lives up to half his price.

At least he's not Fernando Torres though!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
See the price for me is a non issue because it will be very hard to live up to that price tag, thus the way I am going to judge him is not predicated on that. It is predicated on what he currently offers and what potentially he can offer. His technique is not very good like someone like Llorente whose technique is fantastic. Thus unquestionably Llorente is better than Carroll.

However in the premier league as you say the technique level is not as high and is more predicated on physicality rather than technique. Thus Carroll has the ability to flourish in this league because he DOES have the assets in his game to be a very, very good striker in this league.

Also it's not like he's in his mid 20's or late 20's he has lots of development to do and under Kenny and Clarke he will definitely have the right guidance on and off the pitch.

Which is why I am confident in him.

Potentially he can be for us what Drogba was for chelsea from 07-10 (Drogba's best years at the bridge imo). Which is why I am so excited to have him in our squad because Drogba was immense at his peak.

I'm not saying Carroll will get to that level, but he has the potential to get to that level definitely.

As for Torres Nolan well tbh I am past caring about him.

Home of Barca Fans