Ángel Di María

Blackened

One heck of a player. How would you guys rank him amongst the Argentines of his generation? After Messi, is he the best amongst Tevez, Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi and co?

BerkeleyBernie

One heck of a player. How would you guys rank him amongst the Argentines of his generation? After Messi, is he the best amongst Tevez, Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi and co?

At his best, he's scary good. When he was with Real Madrid playing against Barca, I always thought he was the hardest to contain. The others could score but Di Maria is by far the most naturally gifted, creative, and entertaining to watch other than Messi.

Sooke

We can offer whatever we want. But Torres and Memphis will never accept a transfer to Leeds lol. Would you honestly do that if you were them? From getting plenty of playing time at Barca to relegation fodders Leeds lol.

And those we can offer who would accept Leeds, like Puig and Mingueza, are combined worth a total of 5-10m, so it won't make much of a difference to the fee.

OK. I understand your point. If Puig/Mingueza can bring us 5-10 m. what about if we offer more established players like Lenglet, S.Roberto, Umtiti, Braitwaite, Neto? We have to do everything possible to get this guy because we technically don't have a scouting department. I am sure there are other good wingers in Brazil, Chile, Uruguay which won't cost us that much.

gregorrin10

OK. I understand your point. If Puig/Mingueza can bring us 5-10 m. what about if we offer more established players like Lenglet, S.Roberto, Umtiti, Braitwaite, Neto? We have to do everything possible to get this guy because we technically don't have a scouting department. I am sure there are other good wingers in Brazil, Chile, Uruguay which won't cost us that much.

Roberto, Umtiti more established? They're basically half retired by this point. Roberto never excelled in any position, and in the last 2 years he has become seriously injury prone as well. Braithwaite could maybe do a job for them, but there's zero chance he would accept to move.

Honestly the only way we're ever getting rid of these players, is by releasing them, either by letting their contracts expire or even rescinding their contract, especially in Umtiti's case. Hopefully that no cost release option in 2023 is true, so that we don't have to see him leech off us for another 4 years, while hopefully Roberto's extension really was just an emergency move this summer and we don't extend him further so he leaves next summer as well.

Seeing Roberto, Umtiti, Busquets and Pique leave in the same summer would be glorious. Especially if we get someone like Zubimendi as Busquets's replacement. We already have one for Pique, while Roberto, Umtiti and Braithwaite are already a non factor in this team.

Alba will unfortunately probably stay for one more year, until his contract expires in 2024. I think we will be able to sell Lenglet, but not for more than 15-20M, if even that. Neto will leave this summer, cause he actually wants to play, but for peanuts. While for Braithwaite I don't even know. Shame he still has a 2 year contract, not 1. I thought he'd want to leave this summer to give himself the best chance of starting for Denmark at the World Cup, but seems like he's perfectly happy coming off the bench even there, and in that case he's staying here until his contract expires for sure.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Don?t mind Di Mar?a as a stopgap. Still a top player on his day and don?t think his legs are gone yet. Tactically disciplined too.

We?re just collecting Messi?s mates after he?s gone :lol: Aguero, Di Maria? who?s next

Sooke

Roberto, Umtiti more established? They're basically half retired by this point. Roberto never excelled in any position, and in the last 2 years he has become seriously injury prone as well. Braithwaite could maybe do a job for them, but there's zero chance he would accept to move.

Honestly the only way we're ever getting rid of these players, is by releasing them, either by letting their contracts expire or even rescinding their contract, especially in Umtiti's case. Hopefully that no cost release option in 2023 is true, so that we don't have to see him leech off us for another 4 years, while hopefully Roberto's extension really was just an emergency move this summer and we don't extend him further so he leaves next summer as well.

Seeing Roberto, Umtiti, Busquets and Pique leave in the same summer would be glorious. Especially if we get someone like Zubimendi as Busquets's replacement. We already have one for Pique, while Roberto, Umtiti and Braithwaite are already a non factor in this team.

Alba will unfortunately probably stay for one more year, until his contract expires in 2024. I think we will be able to sell Lenglet, but not for more than 15-20M, if even that. Neto will leave this summer, cause he actually wants to play, but for peanuts. While for Braithwaite I don't even know. Shame he still has a 2 year contract, not 1. I thought he'd want to leave this summer to give himself the best chance of starting for Denmark at the World Cup, but seems like he's perfectly happy coming off the bench even there, and in that case he's staying here until his contract expires for sure.

Puig and Mingueza are still rookies. The mentioned other players has played for Barca, without commenting their performances. If we stay intact and wait till all contracts expire, we are in deep shit.

vegitot

He is the only player right now that can match Iniesta's Motm record. He is already UCL final and Copa America final motm, just need a World Cup final motm.

He is the man of the final.

Home of Barca Fans