Arda Turan

F

Flavia

It´s easy to guess. Liga or CL trophies in the forthcoming years.
A great player with great skill and fierce who can play in 3 positions. I´m pleased.

I like Arda too, but from a business pov, this is not a good deal. And the incentives can also be for something minor, like appearances or matches won.

Horatio

You're welcome
Did Atletico Madrid have a huge Muslim following because of Arda Turan?

I am not sure. Regardless, I think the effect of creating a possible new following has a higher chance rate when said player plays for a more prolific team, in this case Barcelona a top 3(at least) club.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
no, but our club does, and existing fans from those areas will go mad for his shirt. jersey sales are overrated and don't make the club that much money but it's a nice bonus.

jairzinho

I personally like the player but not the deal. The transfer does not make sense from both a sporting and a financial perspective. That's just my opinon, don't hate.

Jombi

I am not sure. Regardless, I think the effect of creating a possible new following has a higher chance rate when said player plays for a more prolific team, in this case Barcelona a top 3(at least) club.

By far the biggest markets are in Europe, North America and Asia though. I cant see see this deal having much of an impact on our income. And MSN will steal the thunder anyway.

Jombi

I think the transfer does make sense from a sporting perspective. I think it makes a lot of sense in fact. We need hard working, versatile midfielders.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How much cash does Barca get per shirt sold?

Oh, and btw., Turkey is like center of black market. I bet ya that 90% of shirts sold will be fakes from their renowned markets.

Horatio

You're welcome
By far the biggest markets are in Europe, North America and Asia though. I cant see it having much of an impact on our income. And MSN will steal the thunder anyway.

I can. The turkish population + migrants is a large number and a lot of turks take pride in a fellow turk playing for Barcelona. I think it will create a lot of club conversion among turkish youth. Or not even necessarily conversion, but just the need to purchase the shirt for collection's sake.

Great addition for Barca, while weakening your closest rival at the same time, but bad news for La Masia grads.

Horatio

You're welcome
This is not Spartan. . We don't need warriors, we aren't going for an invasion, we need rational footballers, and most importantly rational individuals.

You mentioned the shoe incident just prior to this post and to a lot of people Arda has the image of an aggressive player largely because of this incident. Ironically there is actually very little precedence aside from this incident that justifies this image. Apart from the shoe incident I have rarely seen Arda get angry. From what I remember the times when he receives a card he accepts it, just looks at a fellow player with a surprised face and continues or walks off the field.
I worry more about players like Dani Alves, Neymar, Suarez and Jordi Alba than Arda.

fcbdna

Banned
You mentioned the shoe incident just prior to this post and to a lot of people Arda has the image of an aggressive player largely because of this incident. Ironically there is actually very little precedence aside from this incident that justifies this image. Apart from the shoe incident I have rarely seen Arda get angry. From what I remember the times when he receives a card he accepts it, just looks at a fellow player with a surprised face and continues or walks off the field.
I worry more about players like Dani Alves, Neymar, Suarez and Jordi Alba than Arda.

I would have given a video link to prove your words wrong, but the final paragraph of your post, just stripped your post of any form of credence and note worthiness.

raki

This is not Sparta. . We don't need warriors, we aren't going for an invasion, we need rational footballers, and most importantly rational individuals.

Yeah. Tell that to Alba. He´s very rational. So is Neymar with his yellow card ratio :) Dont judge Turan because of the boot incident.

Home of Barca Fans