Arjen Robben

Galning

:lol: don't feed the trolls. There's still 7 months of football left and people are already saying it would be a disgrace if player of team X wouldn't win it. What a joke.
Other than that, it is an individual award. Not an award that should go to a player who plays for a club that won a lot in a year. Is there a player in Bayern or Dortmund that is as good as Messi? No.

Ghost

Would be a disgrace if a Bayern player didn't win it in 2013.
Because they won the UCL/Bundisliga? So, if Dortmund won them instead you would've suggested Gotze (lol) to win it?

Which Bayern player should win it? Suggest one.

Meitux

934610_479142275494935_170118299_n.png
robbery

Like I've said before, it's an individual award. IMO, Messi will win it again, and he should. I don't see a Bayern player coming in 2nd over Ronaldo either tbh.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Just because you are the best player (Messi) doesn't mean you should win it each season.

Ballon D'or is about the player which has had the best year (an amalgamation of team and individual performances) and as of right now Messi CLEARLY has not had the best year - simply because he's been injured for some of it and Barca have had a poor 2013 performance wise.

Yes I do think it will be a disgrace if a Bayern player doesn't win it. I can name 5 players from that team who I believe should be major contenders for that award:- Lahm, Bastian S, Javi Martinez, Ribery and Muller.

Stop being so fucking precious any time anyone ever mentions that someone apart from Messi should win Ballon D'or.

Like I also believe that it is an utter disgrace that neither Xavi or Iniesta have won that award before. Baffles me that in 2010 neither of them won it. IMO Xavi should have won it in 2009 and Iniesta in 2010.

Last edited:

Neal Faradinho

Just because you are the best player (Messi) doesn't mean you should win it each season.

Ballon D'or is about the player which has had the best year (an amalgamation of team and individual performances) and as of right now Messi CLEARLY has not had the best year - simply because he's been injured for some of it and Barca have had a poor 2013 performance wise.

Yes I do think it will be a disgrace if a Bayern player doesn't win it. I can name 5 players from that team who I believe should be major contenders for that award:- Lahm, Bastian S, Javi Martinez, Ribery and Muller.

Stop being so fucking precious any time anyone ever mentions that someone apart from Messi should win Ballon D'or.

Like I also believe that it is an utter disgrace that neither Xavi or Iniesta have won that award before. Baffles me that in 2010 neither of them won it. IMO Xavi should have won it in 2009 and Iniesta in 2010.

It's an individual award ok?
I think Messi deserved every one of his ballon d'ors besides the 2010 one, that lne should have gone to Xavi in my opinion

89Norcal

The problem is it's difficult to give the Ballon D'or to someone else 'just cause' Messi is running away with. Also when we all know he is the best player in the world by some distance.

If Barca hadn't won a single trophy but Messi had another monstrous year, he would win it. I don't think you should necessarily factor team achievements equally in deciding the winner, unless the player had a critical role in providing the achievements like being the CL leading scorer or scoring in finals. Now you could say that anyone who wins a trophy with a club had a critical role, but ask where the club would be without that player to really an idea.

Another issue is no one has had Messi's level of consistency.

Individually, Messi has been the best player this season. Carried Barca to a league title and the CL semis, scored more goals than anyone else (despite his injury), got a great assist haul to boot (with no other good finishers on the team btw). None of those 5 Bayern players have been better individually than Messi. As a team, Bayern have definitely been better than Barca, but it's an individual award. And individually, Messi has clearly been the best player, as always. So it's a disgrace if Messi wins it for actually being the best player (what the award is about) and not for playing for the best team? Ok. :lol:

He definitely deserves to win it.

Last edited:

Maria

Messi doesn't deserve the BdO, but I don't think that you can say at this point that any other player deserves it either.
Javi and Lahm are not really contenders, but just because you can't name one player from Bayern that should definitelly win that BdO it's very probable that Cristiano or Messi will win it again.

The same thing could be said about you and your obsesion to prove that an individual award should be given only on the basis of what team won most in an year.

Why should have won it Xavi in 2009? Was he better than Messi or Iniesta? Or was Iniesta's first half of the year 2010 better than Messi was this year? If it was a player that deserved the 2010 BdO as much or more than Messi, that player was Xavi, not Iniesta.

It's an individual award ok?
It seems he can't really understand that..I imagine how 'precious' he was when Ronnie won it in 2005. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans