Arnau Pradas

Porque

18 year old left footed RW at Juvenil A.

Reports today that Arsenal want him.

Nice profile and underrated forward.

Extremely difficult for him to breakthrough given he is older than Lamine and probably less talented than Dani R.

But still, let's see where this one goes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I commented on him in the conversation of UYL, he was really superlative against YB

But true, he is in an expiring contract and has a logjam of wingers ahead of him (Fernandez cousins alone)

I think it would be a shame to abandon him despite his size, because he has crazy close control and nose for goal

But you can’t keep all this talent in La Masia

Porque

I like that he can play both wings, but mostly he Is one of these work horse widemen that can develop into a strong system player.

We should probably try to extend him and get him more involved in the B team.

jamrock

We just need to get some money for him if possible and move on.

Can't keep them all, just make sure we keep the best ones.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If he is on an expiring contract, there is no money to be made - either he renews and he is given a shot at 1st team football, or used as trade fodder. However, without guarantees of being counted upon the player is not incentivized to renew when it would prevent him to freely sign where he wants

It‘s down to opportunity and being made to feel valued with a potential future at club, else adios

Porque

Worth noting Dani Rodriguez was in same situation last season with rumours he were joing Sociedad, but ended staying.

Shame he is injured.

Pau Prim and this guy need to think it through.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Prim, me thinks he is done & dusted and out the door - he has had the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the void at DM and did not move on the renewal.

Soon Flick will have depth again at DM, there will be the 1:1 and won‘t need Prim

khaled_a_d

I doubt Prim isn't playing due to contract situation, if anything if he plays in the first team will help his renewal tremendously.

It is probably the opposite. There was a perfect opportunity on paper and it was Eric Garcia in his place.
It is essentially Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Casado, Christensen, Eric, Bernal, Torre, Raphinha, Olmo & Fermin are all midfield options for our 3 man midfield, with 7 of those in the double pivot. But not him.

He simply sees no chance at first team, and wants out. I won't blame him tbh

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I doubt Prim isn't playing due to contract situation, if anything if he plays in the first team will help his renewal tremendously.

It is probably the opposite. There was a perfect opportunity on paper and it was Eric Garcia in his place.
It is essentially Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Casado, Christensen, Eric, Bernal, Torre, Raphinha, Olmo & Fermin are all midfield options for our 3 man midfield, with 7 of those in the double pivot. But not him.

He simply sees no chance at first team, and wants out. I won't blame him tbh
Strange really, because he's been good lately and Garcia is a catastrophe already costing us 3 points in CL.

Porque

I think he would have been involved in first team training call ups if he had renewed. Flick has practically called up everybody but Prim.

This is a club policy on guys not renewing. We obviously want him to stay otherwise we would have dropped him out of the B team like others before.

But if all signs are that he is definitely leaving, then expect Soma to get his minutes.

khaled_a_d

I think he would have been involved in first team training call ups if he had renewed. Flick has practically called up everybody but Prim.

This is a club policy on guys not renewing. We obviously want him to stay otherwise we would have dropped him out of the B team like others before.

But if all signs are that he is definitely leaving, then expect Soma to get his minutes.

Didn't Fermin train with first team in his contract year then he got renewed afterwards?

What is the "this is a club policy" based on? Barca was always comfortable using youngsters in any contract situation.

And honestly, I think his fate was sealed the moment Bernal leapfroged him last year in B team. It made no sense for him to stay. He will be just a chip for sale.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If you can’t differentiate Fermin and Pau’s situation, pointless - perhaps your strengths at looking at cantera players are limited to player profile as straightforward deductive reasoning escapes you. Let me help spoon feed you

In 2022 Fermin, at 19 y.o. signed his pro contract (through 2024) before willingly going immediately on loan - and even expressed interest to go out on loan again to earn a return to Barca. He only extended his contract thru 2027 once he made an impact in 2023 pre-season under Xavi. A local player who sought to succeed at Barca

In 2022, Casado at 19 y.o. was at the end of his contract with EPL interest yet signed his pro contract through 2024, optional 3rd year) and only recently (At end of the initial contract) executed an extension this summer through 2028. He could've left when Busi was already set to be exiting in '23 and Kessié as well - Gavi, Pedri, Roberto and FDJ all ahead of him, yet renewed

Prim is 18, on same youth contract as his teammates (expiring in 2025) but unlike the others has refused renewals while sticking with same agency as that of Guiu who pulled similar last season before exiting

In 2023, Bernal at 16 y.o. signed his first pro contract in 2023 (through 2026) and terms and buyout were improved after his recent ACL injury - at any time in last 12+ months player could have left for free or very low fee, opting to succeed at Barca. A pivote who only recently was moved to that position (2022) when Prim was already well hyped and older

This summer with the depth at DM a mess, the circumstances were ripe for Prim to renew, travel with Flick and attempt to find a place in the team. He has not and only an ignorant take would draw a comparison between his situation and Fermin's

Last edited:

Porque

Didn't Fermin train with first team in his contract year then he got renewed afterwards?

What is the "this is a club policy" based on? Barca was always comfortable using youngsters in any contract situation.

And honestly, I think his fate was sealed the moment Bernal leapfroged him last year in B team. It made no sense for him to stay. He will be just a chip for sale.

Victor Barbera and Ilias was dropped from the B team when it was confirmed they were not re-signing, despite not having better options in the B sides.

These are the two main examples from the B team under Laporta's regime.

We will keep playing Prim hoping to convince him to renew, until it is confirmed he will does or will not.

khaled_a_d

Victor Barbera and Ilias was dropped from the B team when it was confirmed they were not re-signing, despite not having better options in the B sides.

These are the two main examples from the B team under Laporta's regime.

We will keep playing Prim hoping to convince him to renew, until it is confirmed he will does or will not.

This was done for them to get sold, and both had no first team aspirations at the time. Never mind it was already known that they had an agreement. Niether are the same as Prim.

The key point is the one you have actually made, training with the first team.
You lose nothing from doing it, you gain a lot in such situation.
The fact that this was never done in current situation shows lack of faith from Flick IMO.

Porque

This was done for them to get sold, and both had no first team aspirations at the time. Never mind it was already known that they had an agreement. Niether are the same as Prim.

The key point is the one you have actually made, training with the first team.
You lose nothing from doing it, you gain a lot in such situation.
The fact that this was never done in current situation shows lack of faith from Flick IMO.

Barça and Pau Prim (18) have to figure things out, but right now, there are some differences in the contract renewal negotiations. The young midfielder, whose contract runs until 2025, wants to stay, and the folks at Spotify Camp Nou are also keen on keeping one of their most promising young players. However, they haven't reached an agreement yet, which is why the player is not training with the first team under Hansi Flick's orders.

MD July 2024

Home of Barca Fans