Arthur

Jombi

Arthur doesn't even look good on highlights. At least for me. Gonna make an early prediction and I am rarely wrong on transfers. If we sign him he will be a major flop.

I do think he seems eerily like Lucas Leiva. Gremio even wants him back.

Didno

I do think he seems eerily like Lucas Leiva. Gremio even wants him back.

Yeah agree with that. Don't rate him that much. I would go for Torriera or Tousart for that role. Rodri from Villarreal would also be good but Atl bound. Does people here really rate him higher than those players for 50m? :)

Xaviniesta

Gremio's president gave an interview to CADENA SER

[tw]946852041984487429[/tw]

Bolzan: "Barça will have to pay Arthur's clause, which is 50 million euros. And no, there is no possibility of negotiation."

Bolzan: "Real Madrid have not contacted us about Arthur."

Bolzan: "We will not denounce Barça to FIFA for the photo with Arthur because we closed the issue when they called us to apologize."

Interlop

Yeah, I’d rather wait on his transfer if the fee is 50M. If he continues to shine buy him next winter or during summer, right now it’s too much of a gamble.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if that snake Segura leaked the photo.

Robert used to do transfers secretly.

Gnidrologist

You say very few youngsters seem anything special, but also very few command a fee of 50 mil.
Welcome 10 years ago.
Also we should stop looking for a midfield controller, because there will never be a player that can replicate what Xavi was doing. We can have a successful midfield with other type of players and still keep the Barca way of playing.
This is bs though. Just because Xavi was godlike and best player in football history of this type of role means we shouldn't be looking for such a player anymore? What? We do need a playmaker, because we have NONE currently. It's very simple.

khaled_a_d

Arthur doesn't even look good on highlights. At least for me. Gonna make an early prediction and I am rarely wrong on transfers. If we sign him he will be a major flop.

tbf there are players like that, Busquets for example doesn't look half good what he really is in highlights. May be Arthur is that kind of player who just make the right easy play which add a lot to the team rather than flashy things that appear in highlights.
That said, yeah it is difficult to get excited about him

serghei

At 50m. you have to study him a lot and make sure he fits us and is capable to succeed here. If he does fit us, and he has all the tools to play CM for us, then he could very well be worth that, considering that he is also young and wants to play for us. We paid 40m. for almost 30 years old Paulinho from the Chinese league.

50m. is borderline what we should be paying for top class talent from South America. The question is if Arthur is top class. And that's what Robert & Co. have to determine before we think about signing him. Make sure we don't make the same mistake we did with Gomes.

Catta

Welcome 10 years ago.

4 months ago City bought Bernardo Silva for 50 mil, a key player for the French champions and semi finalist. He is what 2 years older than arthur. 10 years ago or now it does not make a difference, an unproven player like arthur is not worth more than 15 mil. Compared to 50 mil for arthur, gomes would be considered masterstroke.

This is bs though. Just because Xavi was godlike and best player in football history of this type of role means we shouldn't be looking for such a player anymore? What? We do need a playmaker, because we have NONE currently. It's very simple.

The point is we should not be looking at some random players for such an important role. The player to replace xavi must be world class, not some brazilian that will be forgotten in 2 years.

Home of Barca Fans