Aymeric Laporte

F

Flavia

Our starting LCB is Mascherano ,who is right footed
tbh I think unless he renewed Giménez will be better option for Lucho .he is far more proven and is young enough to learn to play with his foot and overall much better player than Laporte
Enrique plays mathieu or verm ahead of Bartra, when Masch can't play. Also paired Masch and mathieu quite a lot last season. And I think we'll see verm there a lot, if he stays fit.

khaled_a_d

Enrique plays mathieu or verm ahead of Bartra, when Masch can't play. Also paired Masch and mathieu quite a lot last season. And I think we'll see verm there a lot, if he stays fit.

Because he rates both higher than Bartra IMO .I doubt it is due to playing with left foot
While there is also rumors he wants Mustafi who is right footed

CuleLife4Life

I'm iffy on Laporte. From what I've watched, he seems to have hot and cold games.

I do hope Spain selects him. I don't think he has a chance with France since they seem so stacked with CBs.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is playing for Athletic. If he was playing for Atletico he would be more consistent. Lot depends on your team. Especially for defenders.

J

Jamie Cal

He'll be going next summer. Barca, Chelsea, United, probably Real will all be looking for a centre-half, and left-footed centre-halfs are hard to find (not that favoured foot is quintessential).

He'd be perfect for us. He's well able to step out and play one Pique, and he's a hardy buck too. I hope we get Nolito in January, don't panic buy, wait til Summer, and get Laporte + midfielder (will probably be Pogba).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We just cannot lose out on Laporte, especially after losing out on Thiago Silva AND Marquinhos the last few years.

J

Jamie Cal

Indeed, man. I'm not sure there's really anyone else good enough either. Gimenez is a beast, but I'm not sure on his footballing ability. The other guys mentioned - Mustafi, Stones, Rojo etc - are all good, but not for a bona fide Barca starter.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Pay whatever price. For real, we need to do this thing this time, no better option IMO with Mustafi wanting to join Bundesliga (Bayern).

JamDav1982

Vermaelen + Mathieu were basically Laporte's buy out, right? So sad.

Laporte was very erratic last season. Lucho clearly wanted a bit more experience at the back and Mathieu did a good job at CB.

Was Laportes buy out not around 35m? With taxes on top around 45m?

Mathieu and Vermaelen together were about 28m I think.

Home of Barca Fans