Barca draws Man City

Ghosting

From what I've seen kompany won't be able to handle messi and zabaleta isnt going to be able to handle neymar. Imo english teams look good in the epl because they get to play with so much space thats why spanish playmakers look so much better over there but I doubt they'll get the ball from iniesta-busi-xavi.

Yeah watching Kompany v Suarez, clearly Kompany feels the best way of stopping a striker who drops off is to follow him even if it is 20 yards into the opposition half, which means Messi will either be able to turn him or it will leave a huge hole for Neymar or Alexis/Pedro to run into. Hopefully Tata tells our Wingers that they should look to cut in and make diagonal runs a lot because City always seems to have lots of space in behind. I also feel Kompany will look to be very physical with Messi which in europe gives a lot more free kicks away than it doesn't.

dakeb_MCFC

That was probably the worst we have played this season at the Etihad but we still had a little too much for Liverpool who were the best visiting team this season (excluding Bayern).

Suarez resorted to spending the last twenty minutes diving around the penalty area desperately trying to con the ref into a penalty. It's the only way he could escape Kompany's pocket.

Nastasic should be back in defence and Aguero up front for the Barcelona game. Zabaleta is made out of rubber.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Worst display or not, to be fair, Liverpool didn't deserve to lose. Liverpool had a perfectly legit goal disallowed and had some of the best chances of the game.

Still a long way to go until we meet but to me City don't look nearly convincing as they are made up to be.

Neymessi

Maybe manc with aguero will prove to be really deadly..Who knows they did not play well this match but yeah we can beat them on their home with messi even if they have aguero. Its really not fair to judge city on their last match. I just hope barca shows some strength. The strength of yaya is unmatched and they really have some strong players. I remember Bayern vs barca in the 2nd leg when the first 2 goals were created by the headers from dante and one another where defenders looked really powerless. Yaya can juggle alves and alba together and negredo is really strong too. If there was something I learned from the game was that city is good at counter attacking and I wonder if pique can protect counters and make those last second crucial sliding tackles and our fullbacks can get back from attacking to defending fast enough.

MarkYaeger

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I hope Puyi doesn't start (blasphemy!!!) We need the height and hunger in the box of Bartra and height of Pique. If pique can keep his head out of Shakira's clouds, and let Xavi Busi and Iniesta run rampant, messi and neymar could prove unstoppable.

dakeb_MCFC

Worst display or not, to be fair, Liverpool didn't deserve to lose. Liverpool had a perfectly legit goal disallowed and had some of the best chances of the game.

Still a long way to go until we meet but to me City don't look nearly convincing as they are made up to be.

Not sure how you can say it was a disallowed goal. The flag had been up ages, whistle had gone, Hart didn't even try to stop him. He might have scored but we will never know for sure. Might have ended up a penalty, a red card for Hart, or a save. We just don't know. It was a poor offside decision but not a disallowed goal.

Liverpool had some good chances but Hart saved well from Coutinho and Johnson. Sterling blazed over when he should have shot on target, but also Navas hit the post with a header.

Liverpool also conceded the two goals that City scored. That is why they lost, no other reason. If you don't score your chances or defend well enough do you really deserve anything from game?

Not a scintillating performance from City by the standards recently set, but with Negredo and Kompany performing well it was still a very good performance against a very good Liverpool team brimming confidence.

Let's see how they get on at Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

H

Haruko The Goon

Like the majority of this season, they attack down the flanks like I've never seen.

alba is decent at defending, but D.Alves will be targeted. He'll be attacking, and they'll break with speed...

Aguero, Yaya, Negredo, Silva, Navas will charging (Funnily, they've all be bought from Spain lol )

Ghosting

Like the majority of this season, they attack down the flanks like I've never seen.

alba is decent at defending, but D.Alves will be targeted. He'll be attacking, and they'll break with speed...

Aguero, Yaya, Negredo, Silva, Navas will charging (Funnily, they've all be bought from Spain lol )

Except Nasri plays on the left and he drifts in most of the time, so he may not exploit the space left behind by Alves, whilst Dani will be able to exploit the space left behind by Nasri. Hopefully anyway :)

H

Haruko The Goon

Based on games vs United, Arsenal and Liverpool.... they'll attack you down the wings.

Chainsaw

Killahead

I agree. City's main threat is from the wings. Shut 'em down and they will struggle.

Galning

All this talk about attacking.. they'll defend and counter. I'll be very surprised if they try to attack us.

Home of Barca Fans