Barca draws Man City

JamDav1982

Nasri and Negredo should play

Personally cant see Negredo starting as they wont play two up top against Barca, they are shipping goals to far poorer teams doing that.

Think he will go for Milner over Nasri to try and counter Dani Alves.

Could be wrong but just my take on it.

Pepe Silvia

Few things:

-City fans should be confident! They are a strong side and should support! Don't be mad at them for supporting their team.
-Rafael is a bum.
-Zabaleta is pretty darn good.
-Barca are going to have their hands full on defense no matter who is playing. So will City.

MrKnowitAlll

People suggesting we buy a CB in January in we want to be at full strengh against City.

Name me at least 5 CB that will come in here and make a difference.
Then name me how many of those that aren't cuptied already.

btw balanta is a no no. overrated. and imo vergini was a better buy.

i dont think we will buy in Jan.

Antimadridista1

People suggesting we buy a CB in January in we want to be at full strengh against City.

Agger.

The Observer

I just noticed that Manchester City is a mix of former Espanyol, Sevilla, Valencia, Malaga and Atletico players, coached by a former Villarreal manager. As such they are a sunny SPL team and we have nothing to fear. :coffee:

B

beautifulgame

i prefer Vergini over Balanta as well. However, I prefer a few players in brazil more than both.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Where's BlueDuck when you need him!?! :yawn:

Anyway, I'm bored with this debate now. I've made my point, you've all made yours. Let's move on ...... :handshake:

And BEAT CITEH! :barca scarf:

:thumbsup2: This we can agree on!

L

linetty

I just noticed that Manchester City is a mix of former Espanyol, Sevilla, Valencia, Malaga and Atletico players, coached by a former Villarreal manager. As such they are a sunny SPL team and we have nothing to fear. :coffee:
Good point :coffee:

ahoyhoy

we (City) went for Agger but he wasn't interested in moving to a premier league club. Personally I think he'll jump at a chance of a move to you.
We'll need to pack our midfield against you for both games. Toure, Fernandhino, Silva, Milner, & Nasri is what you're looking at.
As for some of the bravado on our forums, don't make too much of it. Most of us are just looking forward to seeing Iniesta & Messi

BerkeleyBernie

Maybe somebody who watches City can give some insight as to how they are leaking goals. What tactics against them are successful? What kind of goals are being scored?

Also, I think it will be difficult for City to double-team all three Barcelona forwards. Neymar, Messi, and Sanchez can all beat a single marker quite easily. If City double-teams, they're going to open a hole for Barça somewhere else on the pitch.

Best defense is attack, we've played like this since Pep's first season and even before that. Alves has been the best RB since Pep's first season and still is, it's not even a close call between him and the second best when Alves is on form - Alves dominates in his position just as much as Busi and Messi dominates in their position (and Iniesta in his position when he finally finds his form again). I used to think that having 2 attacking fullbacks would hurt us, but it isn't under the condition the rest of the team press and do what they are supposed to. Since Pep took over we've only been dominated 1 match, against Bayern - and we've dominated like 80% of our matches. What does that say? That we should continue playing the way we do with small imperfections ironed out and small tweaks. We are Barca, we attack - simple...

1 match? :lol:

We were dominated in pretty much every big game last season.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Also, I think it will be difficult for City to double-team all three Barcelona forwards. Neymar, Messi, and Sanchez can all beat a single marker quite easily. If City double-teams, they're going to open a hole for Barça somewhere else on the pitch.

True dat, Pedro can't really take on defenders if he doesn't come in with speed - Villa definitively couldn't - so having Neymar + Alexis who is just improving all the time will give them trouble.

serghei

Provided all three of them catch a good day. I'm more worried about us than about City to be fair. We haven't had a great away game against one of Europe's top sides in 2 years.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
1 match? :lol:

We were dominated in pretty much every big game last season.

That's cool darth, but I don't really take that seriously from you since you are probably the most negative and pessimistic barca supporter ever :wave:

Edit: no offense, but you really are

Home of Barca Fans