Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

Screenshot-2022-04-22-at-11-48-02-AM.png

Trashy line up

mc_lovin

Don't think Soler is anything special, hopefully we stay away... with Alemany and his Valencia obsession who knows though.

serghei

The defense is a huuuge weak point currently. Fix the defense, and with Fati back and hopefully fit, and we go up a level. Still won't be near the top 3-4 in the world but in time maybe we will get there.

Xavi should man up and do the following. I think some things he knows, but on some, he needs to be more lethal and firm.

1) Stegen has to go. Maybe not next season, but immediately after at the latest. Bring in a keeper that inspires safety and leadership.
2) Alba, Pique, Alves, Lenglet, Garcia, Busquets. By the end of next season, all of them should either be preferably gone or at worst nowhere near the first 11. Some of these should be gone as early as this summer: Alves, Lenglet.
3) If Dembele goes, a replacement is a must. Raphinha is an obvious solution or another direct no-nonsense player who can attack an opponent and destabilize him.
4) By end of next season (pretty impossible earlier than that IMO) the team and Xavi should know if we go for a quick front 3 able to exchange positions very quickly, like a City or Liverpool (in which case you can do well with a false 9 type in the mold of a Gabi Jesus, Foden, or Diego Jota), or for a more conservative front 3 like Lucho or Rijkaard Barcelona. If it's the latter, an elite striker has to be acquired.
5) Once the critical moves are done (about 4-5 inspired transfers), in no way should you relax and fill the squad with filler and/or mentally inferior players. To compete with the best, you need around 18 players who can step in at any point no matter the opponent.

1), 2), and 3) are absolutely critical and should be addressed as soon as possible. This summer preferably.

4) and 5) are probably 2 seasons away but still very important. Basically ensuring you have a top-class 9 and a squad that is competitive and formed with players who are of close value to each other.

Last edited:

Messigician

One of my most trusted sources rang me up and told me Laporta has agreed a deal in principle with Cristiano Ronaldo

Take it with a handful of salt at this point but it's interesting he would tell me this

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One of my most trusted sources rang me up and told me Laporta has agreed a deal in principle with Cristiano Ronaldo

Take it with a handful of salt at this point but it's interesting he would tell me this

Stunning.

Is it the same source that said Neymar was joining 100% a couple of years ago?

Andresito

Staff member
Guys, I also agree that a new GK should be on the list, but I honestly have no realistic names that would be better for a fair price. Do you?

FinBarcelonafan

Guys, I also agree that a new GK should be on the list, but I honestly have no realistic names that would be better for a fair price. Do you?

Hmm, is goalie a position you want to pay huge bucks though?

Liverpool it worked out(world record), PSG (15 mil for Navas) City got a good goalkeeper too(40 mil), Chelsea failed first time, but then bought Mendy(great success), Real success.. So far buying a goalie for a big price seems a pretty good investment when looking at other teams. Buying an offensive player for 100 mils seems to never work out though.

It seems like predicting good goalie performance seems pretty accurate.

Any other big flops outside the Chelsea goalkeeper?

I don't like Stegen, but it's tough to come up with the money for replacing him right now. We have million other positions to fix first and are higher priority..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans