Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Cash reserves from selling assets. That's due to a "fake" revenue, because you're not doing it every year.

The only reason we had to do these things in the first place is that the club lacked the huge revenue to cover its even more huge spending. Now all of a sudden you think the club is sitting on a lot of cash and the only problem is FFP.

Nah, mate, the club probably has multiple money related issue at the present, not just dealing with problems registering players.

We'll see the after-tax net profit for the current season. My bet is the 300m profit the club reported for 2022/23 after all the levers is gonna be used to pay existing short-term debts and other expenses. Not to sign expensive players and pay big transfer fees. Not to mention that Barca still owe a lot of money to clubs for transfers, deferred bloated wages to legends and so on. A club official said outstanding payments to Messi run until 2025 for example.

Let's see how much of that 300m reserve is still inside the club after this season. My guess is most of it if not all will be eaten up by existing short-term expenses, to cover the probably huge drop in match-day revenues, levers gone, and so on.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

None of that is relevant... they have the cash reserves currently and paying out same in cash on salaries for a 100m transfer.

Know full well where that cash came from and current situation it will decrease.

The same cash reserve would be there from paying a 100m player on 14m a season in installments as it is for the salaries given to new signings... that is the point.

You cant claim one is hampered by cash and the other isnt no matter how much that depletes by.

Cant claim 'But Barca have cash problems to pay an installment but salaries can be paid across season' makes no sense.

If Barca are paying 34m for a 100m player or the salaries have the cash reserves would take similar hit... thats the point which you cant grasp and keep trying to find reasons why not the same.

serghei

I understand what you are saying, but for me the point is not to spend hugely on that 300m and later get into the same mess regarding not being able to pay recurrent big expenses.

We are talking about different things in the end. I'm talking more about expenses, you're talking more about FFP. In my opinion both are major issues. Not just FFP.

Let's say I make 10k a month, but during the year I owe all of that and even more, let's 150k. Now I can't really afford to buy many expensive things with my money. It's the same thing. Barca's revenue is gonna be much lower this year than the last year (no levers and no camp nou is gonna cause a steep decline), so it means those 300m are gonna be, at least most of it, used to plug the gap and continue to make due payments.

That's until the new Camp Nou kicks in. That's the plan probably. Those money that are gonna be used to cover for loss of organic revenue. Then Camp Nou kicks in, the young players are more mature by then and hopefully explode into superstars, and the organic revenue gets close to what it was pre-covid.

Of course that the club could have bought other players instead of the ones that we bought in 2022, if that's what you're aiming at. That goes without saying, but I doubt very much that Barca have money to spend right now, even ignoring the La Liga FFP situation. That's exactly why it's there in the first place. To prevent Barcelona for spending money that they don't have. They may have it now, for a brief moment because of various schemes, but they won't have it long enough to deal with long term big expenses.

JamDav1982

Nope no one is saying below.. Made that clear countless times.

I understand what you are saying, but for me the point is not to spend hugely on that 300m and later get into the same mess regarding not being able to pay recurrent big expenses.

The point is that the cost in FFP is similar for a 100m player on 14m a season as it is for 18/9/3m salaries.

The point is that the cash that leaves Barcas coffers for both is similar when 100m player on 14m when paid in installments... as is more often than not the case.

It is NOT cash that is stopping Barca making these signings it is FFP both in terms of what can spend and what can use on players sales to improve that FFP.

This argument that it is easier to pay salaries for 33m than would be to pay out a 20m fee and 14m salary in a season is absolute drivel when have 300m cash reserves to pay it.

To make out the cash situation stopped a 100m player last summer and Barca could 'only spend 3m' is absolute ignorance.

You again miss the point that the cash out this season for those three players would be the same as a 100m player on 14m a season paid in installments.

Keeping bringing up the financial situation is irrelevant to that point.

If La Liga suddenly removed the FFP this summer I gtee you Barca would be spending big. The issue is not cash the issue is the FFP restricting what can do with it and restricting how can spend on sales etc.

Last edited:

serghei

Nope.

The point is that the cost in FFP is similar for a 100m player on 14m a season as it is for 18/9/3m salaries.

The point is that the cash that leaves Barcas coffers for both is similar when 100m player on 14m when paid in installments... as is more often than not the case.

It is NOT cash that is stopping Barca making these signings it is FFP both in terms of what can spend and what can use on players sales to improve that FFP.

This argument that it is easier to pay salaries for 33m than would be to pay out a 20m fee and 14m salary in a season is absolute drivel when have 300m cash reserves to pay it.
I'm not speaking about cost in FFP.

300m cash is useless if the money are all allocated for something else.

Also, you say about transfer-fee instalments. But a 100m transfer probably has at least 50-60m of that paid at the moment of the transfer. No club is gonna accept being paid like 15m a year for 6 years or something like you think. Especially not for highly desirable players.

Or they'd tell you something like, pay 100m with this plan, or pay 120m with this plan. Almost like a bank. You pay more overall to have the payment rates go for longer. This stuff was Bartomeu's MO. Go big in the present, because the future is gonna be someone else's mess to sort.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Also, you say about transfer-fee instalments. But a 100m transfer probably has at least 50-60m of that payed at the moment of the transfer. No club is gonna accept being paid like 15m a year for 6 years or something like you think. Especially not for highly desirable players.

Yes I know you are saying that Barca dont have the cash to make a 100m + 14m signing but do to make players salaries which is not the case,

As said the FFP and cash cost is more or less the same when paid in installments in way the vast majority of transfers are.

The vast majority of big transfers are paid over a number of years unless a clause involved and yes it is usually spread more evenly across those years even to point that sometimes selling clubs agree to take LESS upfront and more towards end of period.

You think that clubs always want the whole fee up front? Doesnt work like that.

Even if want 100m upfront Barca would borrow for that player if it took that. Cash is not the issue.... Or they would sell players currently reluctant to as would get full cash fee for them but FFP limits to how much of that can spend.... again that is FFP not cash.

If the FFP rules were not there Barca would be taking every risk they could with fall back of external investment. They would gamble to get out of it. Knowing have many cash rich assets in team or external investment as fall back options.

Temptation

Jesse Lingard has reportedly offered his services to Barcelona as he looks to relaunch his playing career 👀

Should they take him up on the offer? 🤷‍♂️

Source: SPORT
@Windhook Would you take JLingz as a short term option?

When he's motivated he's pretty good actually. Also, he's pretty clutch.

NKMaribor

Also, you say about transfer-fee instalments. But a 100m transfer probably has at least 50-60m of that paid at the moment of the transfer. No club is gonna accept being paid like 15m a year for 6 years or something like you think. Especially not for highly desirable players.

Or they'd tell you something like, pay 100m with this plan, or pay 120m with this plan. Almost like a bank. You pay more overall to have the payment rates go for longer. This stuff was Bartomeu's MO. Go big in the present, because the future is gonna be someone else's mess to sort.

99% of the time, nobody is paying half of the transfer fee upfront on high profile transfers.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Swedish media reporting we're close to signing him - we offer 6.5M... the club has better offers, but Lucas wants us. Problem is we will put him in B-team and I don't think he'll want that - so he will probably pass.

Windhook

Some people here will adore him for his blonde looks. And defend him till the end.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans