Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
These Vermaelen rumors keep getting more realistic. So let's all say Welcome Vermaelen and Zubi has failed again by getting us a world class CB...... Let's sign Cuadrado too and we finally have the dream defence :pep:

zanela

People here were shitting on the Agger rumours, yet seem calmer on Vermaelen, who is smaller, as injury prone, and a lesser player all round. And we keep contributing to Arsenal's coffers, in exchange for mediocrity.

If Vermaelan is smart and wants to play more, he should refuse our offer and join MU. The eventual fate of ARS to Barca transfers should also be a reference for him. But footballers are rarely smart, esp with a name like that.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
People here were shitting on the Agger rumours, yet seem calmer on Vermaelen, who is smaller, as injury prone, and a lesser player all round. And we keep contributing to Arsenal's coffers, in exchange for mediocrity.

If Vermaelan is smart and wants to play more, he should refuse our offer and join MU. The eventual fate of ARS to Barca transfers should also be a reference for him. But footballers are rarely smart, esp with a name like that.

I don't want either. I'd rather stick with the ones we've got than getting Agger or Vermaelen.

Galning

It's because most people don't take the Vermaelen rumours serious at all. He is from the same mould as Mathieu the only problem is that he is worse in every aspect of the game. Buying him would make zero sense.

blarod

Hi, lurker here. Rafa Sahuquillo from Radio Marca claims on twitter (@sahuqui) that Barcelona will sign a CB on Thursday. The identity of this CB will reportedly surprise everyone. Does anyone know if this guy is trustworthy?

Bertus

If Barcelona don't sign Marquinhos or Vermaelen, Luis Enrique will use Mascherano both at centre back and in midfield this season. [md]

Reports about a 43M bid by Barcelona for PSG centre back Marquinhos (20) are not true. The French club is not willing to start talks.
[md]

I don't understand MD. PSG not wanting to discuss Marcos' transfer doesn't mean a club can't send an offer.

Galning

Hi, lurker here. Rafa Sahuquillo from Radio Marca claims on twitter (@sahuqui) that Barcelona will sign a CB on Thursday. The identity of this CB will reportedly surprise everyone. Does anyone know if this guy is trustworthy?

Hey! Marca normally don't have inside information from Barça, on top of that if there were any truth to it Sport and Mundo Deportivo would've jumped on the news like it'd be the last cover they'd ever create but so far: nothing. I don't think there's any truth to it.

Trafalgar

These Vermaelen rumors keep getting more realistic. So let's all say Welcome Vermaelen and Zubi has failed again by getting us a world class CB...... Let's sign Cuadrado too and we finally have the dream defence :pep:

It's no surprise, defence was never our main strength ... Let's just hope that Lucho will know how to spur his CB's.

Trickykid

Could you do me a favor and list these socalled world class cbs?

Alarcón

Hey! Marca normally don't have inside information from Barça, on top of that if there were any truth to it Sport and Mundo Deportivo would've jumped on the news like it'd be the last cover they'd ever create but so far: nothing. I don't think there's any truth to it.
They were the first ones to report ter Stegen's transfer to Barca though

I

instinct

As much as I ''insulted'' Zubi before the transfer window, such statement are so ridiculous, they are not even funny anymore. Zubi made excellent business so far but yeah he failed again because world-class CB's are SO easy to get. Our defence can be a dream defence, even with Mathieu and even with Alves, I seriously don't care who we'll sign on top of the great players who have already joined us. I simply don't care because I think that we can win the treble even without a twitter-trending CB but sometimes it seems that many many people suddenly activate their darthvader7788 mode when it comes to Zubi and defenders. This is so annoying.

I don't want to exclude myself. I've bashed Zubi too but after we signed great players, I realized that 1.) Zubi is a good sports-director who just needs freedom (which he probably didn't get under Rosell) and 2.) Lucho plays an important role in transfers too.

The last weeks are the first time I feel deeply sorry for Zubi.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Tell me where exactly has Zubi (or the whole club) made excellent business this summer?

Rakitic and MAtS are the best signings for me. Considering quality, age, price etc. But besides that?

I

instinct

Tell me where exactly has Zubi (or the whole club) made excellent business this summer?

Rakitic and MAtS are the best signings for me. Considering quality, age, price etc. But besides that?

Considering quality Mathieu is at least a very good signing, he is a quality player and already gave us an impression that he'll adapt quickly in our system. It was obvious that Valencia wouldn't sell him for a lower fee.

Suarez is an excellent signing though I don't know, if Zubi was the major negotiator in this.

Rakitic - excellent
MatS - more than excellent
Bravo - ok
Suarez - excellent (if we believe the rumours that his buyout-clause was 100m)
Mathieu - very good

There is no reason to bash him all the time, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans