Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

This is really odd. Gooners are hoping he won't go to Man Utd in fear of him strenghtening them, and Cules are hoping the same because they think he's about the worst CB ever to set foot on a pitch.

Something is awry here...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is really odd. Gooners are hoping he won't go to Man Utd in fear of him strenghtening them, and Cules are hoping the same because they think he's about the worst CB ever to set foot on a pitch.

And Man Utd fans are hoping he goes to Barcelona :lol:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That just means the player is an enigma. People can't really put a finger on him so you have opinions split just about any direction there is to be.

I'll say this, Vermaelen never really did jump out for me, granted I never did really follow him much, however not one, but two good managers seem to want him despite his enigmatic status, that has to be a plus.

F

Flavia

That just means the player is an enigma. People can't really put a finger on him so you have opinions split just about any direction there is to be.

I'll say this, Vermaelen never really did jump out for me, granted I never did really follow him much, however not one, but two good managers seem to want him despite his enigmatic status, that has to be a plus.

He is injury prone. Played a few minutes in the wc, and left injured. Vidic on a free would be better business.

zanela

He is injury prone. Played a few minutes in the wc, and left injured. Vidic on a free would be better business.

The worst part being he's currently injured, acc to wenger. But we've already bought a banned player, an injury shouldn't deter us from buying anyone.

KhaledBarca

Alves will leave for free next season, the transfer ban comes and we will promote Patric :worthy:
If Alves stays, he'll probably be the starter ahead of Montoya. He needs to play a certain number of games and his contract will automatically be renewed until 30 June 2016. Unless he gets injured he won't leave for free next season!

Neeraj

No. Assnal fans aren't worried about strengthening GGMU, they just don't wanna sell to them cause of the rivalry and that they hate ggmu more than they dislike or hate us..especially after the rvp saga, they hate united and don't want their players playing for them, like we wouldn't want our players playing for madrid or asspainyoull. The 'official' stance of the club might say 'strengthen local opposition' but everyone knows that's bullshit.

Last edited:

Trickykid

No. Assnal fans aren't worried about strengthening GGMU, they just don't wanna sell to them cause of the rivalry and that they hate ggmu more than they dislike or hate us..especially after the rvp saga, they hate united and don't want their players playing for them, like we wouldn't want our players playing for madrid or asspainyoull. The 'official' stance of the club might say 'strengthen local opposition' but everyone knows that's bullshit.

Assnal? GGMU? asspainyoull?

Jeez, dude...

Anyhow, I suggest that you take a looks at Robbie's posts regarding the subject.

PaulFCB

Banned

Assnal made the best transfer of the summer, yet people think they are armoring the opposition :troll:.

arsetraining_2999756k.jpg

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Why do people keep mentioning vidic? He is slow...

Wouldn't suit our playing style anyway. He is a leader though, and that's what we are lacking after Puyol's retirement. Though I do have confidence in Masch to step up.

Robbie

He was captain of Ajax at a young age, and then became captain of Arsenal. He's a leader on the pitch, and only is behind in the pecking order because our other two defenders have a better partnership.

Basically, if Koscielny had gotten that injury instead of Vermaelen, we would probably be selling him instead. People who are trashing him have only seen highlights and what know-nothing pundits say. If Louis Van Gaal and Luis Enrique are both trying hard to sign him, then maybe they know what they're doing.

I'll never forget that awesome season he had, scoring brilliant goals when we needed them most. When Ramsey got his leg snapped in half and we were losing vs Stoke, Vermaelen equalized it and helped us win. It could've been another Birmingham fiasco. And that goal celebration too :worthy:

Last edited:

Neeraj

Jeez, dude...

Anyhow, I suggest that you take a looks at Robbie's posts regarding the subject.

From what I can see, he is one of the few who's suggesting that. Doesn't mean he's wrong, it's his opinion. Common opinion however, as discussed earlier, thinks he's pretty crap. That could be wrong too, but again, that's the general opinion. I'm going to leave it at that, cause you seem to desperately want to justify to yourself he's better than what most people here think, and as Barca supporters we'd all be more than happy if we are all proven wrong and you right, and he does well.

Also, to whoever mentioned the Lucho and Van Gaal wanting him so he must be good theory, then in that case, we should all be behind signing Cuadrado, and whatever price they are asking for, cause surely, since he's sought after by van gaal as well as lucho (who wants him for RB), he must be a better player than we thought.

Assnal made the best transfer of the summer, yet people think they are armoring the opposition :troll:.

Absolutely agreed. I think they bought, realistically, the best forward possible, as the likes of Suarez and co are out of reach/not feasible. Then if you look around, he's pretty much the BEST player they could have bought. It's barca of course, so didn't have to break bank either. Paid a 'fair' price, got an excellent player who will surely thrive in their system, so much so I would wager he's going to be in the top 3 scorers of the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans