Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

This Douglas deal makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Is he even close to being Barca quality? I know we probably need to sign a RB now considering the transferban not getting removed, but still... I have never heard of him nor seen him in action, so this is just based on the stuff I've read about him here. Really odd stuff.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
This day will be remembered as the day we signed a player who is going to be the world's best RB for peanuts. zubi and barto :worthy:

Douglas the next Cafu. :worthy:

JamDav1982

Nah, he is 24 already and has no potential, but hopefully Lucho can do miracles.

He turned 24 a couple of weeks ago and the reported price of 6m is peanuts these days. Its about a third of what Shane Long just went to Southampton for.

Seems like they have seen something in him and have taken a bit of a punt for a small price.

If he doesnt work out then its a failed punt for a relatively small sum and the team will still have Alves, Montoya and Adriano to fall back on.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The overreaction of people to this Douglas deal is really perplexing. There is very little downside to this deal. For years people have been clamoring for the club to make low money investments on players to find diamonds in the rough. A €6m gamble on Douglas is pretty much all upside. If he proves talented, you just found a good player for peanuts. If he flops, who gives a shit, the team only wasted €6m.

If you ask me, they should be doing more of this, not less.

F

Flavia

The overreaction of people to this Douglas deal is really perplexing. There is very little downside to this deal. For years people have been clamoring for the club to make low money investments on players to find diamonds in the rough. A €6m gamble on Douglas is pretty much all upside. If he proves talented, you just found a good player for peanuts. If he flops, who gives a shit, the team only wasted €6m.

If you ask me, they should be doing more of this, not less.
If douglas had potential, I'd agree with you. And those kinds of bets should always be for the b team, not the 1st. Like Halilovic. And you're forgetting a serious downside, that is the transfer ban.

JamDav1982

If douglas had potential, I'd agree with you. And those kinds of bets should always be for the b team, not the 1st. Like Halilovic. And you're forgetting a serious downside, that is the transfer ban.

Can only guess they have seen something in him that does show potential.

I would hate if the club started paying millions for players in their early 20s to gamble in the b team. Their would be a lot of pressure to try and play/develop those players possibly at the expense of the younger players.

Can only guess they have seen something in him that does show potential.

Then they're dumbasses. No one else sees anything in him. NO ONE. Especially the fans that watch the Brazilian league day in, day out. Sao Paolo fans would pay us to take him from them ffs.

He's no diamond in the rough like Varane. He's a deservedly unknown player.

Buying unknown players only works if you have good scouts. Which we don't.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Then they're dumbasses. No one else sees anything in him. NO ONE. Especially the fans that watch the Brazilian league day in, day out.

He's no diamond in the rough like Varane. He's a deservedly unknown player.

Possibly, it remains to be seen how he turns out but it is a relatively small sum to pay and some times signings like those pay off.

One of the main criticisms of the club is that they dont try and find bargains, now they are taking a chance on a player and people are in uproar that the guy is not good enough.

Possibly, it remains to be seen how he turns out but it is a relatively small sum to pay and some times signings like those pay off.

One of the main criticisms of the club is that they dont try and find bargains, now they are taking a chance on a player and people are in uproar that the guy is not good enough.

This is not a bargain, this is wasting money on a mediocre player. If you really wanna buy a diamond in the rough, then scout properly for a real one instead of buying the first random nobody you come across in the Brazilian league.

Not every unknown player is a diamond in the rough like Varane was. Sometimes, the player is unknown because he's shit. That's the case with Douglas.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

This is not a bargain, this is wasting money on a mediocre player. If they really want to buy a diamond in the rough, then scout properly for a real one instead of buying the first random nobody you come across in the Brazilian league.

Where have I claimed he is going to be a bargain. It is a risky signing that most likely wont work out.

You have no idea how many times they have scouted him.

You have no idea how many times they have scouted him.

Clearly not very many if they actually rate him. Since they're the only ones who do. Or maybe they have scouted him a lot and are dumb enough to think he's good. Probably both (haven't scouted him a lot and they're dumb enough to think he's good).

This is Henrique/Keirrison all over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans