Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
Arda coming then. I'm not sure whether we should sign Pogba or another midfielder in 2016 now.

If we do then it probably means Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Denis Suarez all out. Rafinha's contract is actually running out next summer. Samper will have a tough time too.

I don't think Sergi Roberto will be able to step up , Rafinha will get his chances next season , Dennis Suarez i know nothing about . I've heard great things about Samper and Hallovic though and they may prove to be the future ...

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Don't see the need for Arda and Pogba...I would go for one anad promote one youngster. I guess Pogba is better but his demands (those we read) are crazy

I'd go Arda now ( Jan) and get Liverpool's Coutinho in Jan / Summer . Then we're sorted in midfield for years considering what we will have and the potential of the youngsters ..

Jombi

I don't think Sergi Roberto will ne able to step up , Rafinha will get his chances next season , Dennis Suarez i know nothing about . I've heard great things about Samper and Hallovic though and they may prove to be the future ...

Sergi Roberto impressed immensely as a DM last season, and IMO he has the biggest chance of succeeding IMO.

Jombi

One thing could alter all the above - INJURIES . We were very , very lucky last year .

yeah, thats an understatement. We basically have zero depth in midfield and attack. Imagine 5 injuries or suspensions to our starting midfield and attack. We will have to field Munir, Sandro, Rafinha and possibly Samper against RM or AM.

BBZ8800

yeah, thats an understatement. We basically have zero depth in midfield and attack. Imagine 5 injuries or suspensions to our starting midfield and attack. We will have to field Munir, Sandro, Rafinha and possibly Samper against RM or AM.

In Rijkaard's 2nd Season (when we won the title in 2005, and when we lost to Chelsea in a CL), we had 4 horrible knee injuries ALL in one Season.
First our first choice Dmc Edmilson broke his knee ligaments and was sidelined for a whole Season.
Then his substitute Thiago Motta suffered the same injury, forcing us to play Dc Marquez as a Dmc that Season, and leaving us only with Puyol and Oleguer as only 2 playable central defenders. (So, no reserve defensive midfielders and no reserve defenders available for the whole Season).
We had 4 players in the attack for 3 positions (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Guily, Larsson), and then Larsson injured his knee ligaments before a new year, leaving us with only 3 players in the attack and zero replacements. And young Iniesta had to play in the attack sometimes (Messi started to play in the next Season).
Also, a versatile squad player, midfielder, defender and a fullback Gabri, also injured his knee ligaments.

All 4 injuries happened in the first part of the Season, before Christmas, and all player were out of the whole Season.

For example, imagine huge injuries to Rakitic, Busquets, Neymar, and let's say Vidal.
Try to field a team without Raki, Busi and Ney (out for a Season).
We would need to play the whole Season with Mascherano (or Sergi Roberto)-Iniesta-Rafinha midfield, in La liga and all CL matches.
The only other option would be to play Samper sometimes, lol.

Also, imagine a midfield Roberto-Iniesta-Rafinha all the time, and attack Pedro-Suarez-Messi.

It is highly unlikely that we would win a treble with a team with 2-3 huge injuries...

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Sergi Roberto impressed immensely as a DM last season, and IMO he has the biggest chance of succeeding IMO.

Really ? The kid made his Barca first team debut in Feb 2010 according to Wiki and after nearly 5 years he just made 9 appearances in La Liga last season ( possibly as sub ) scored no goals . That doesn't sound like a world beater to me .

F

Flavia

Really ? The kid made his Barca first team debut in Feb 2010 according to Wiki and after nearly 5 years he just made 9 appearances in La Liga last season ( possibly as sub ) scored no goals . That doesn't sound like a world beater to me .

He's 23. He won't be another Xavi or Iniesta, but can be a solid squad player.

Jombi

Why should a DM score goals?? He was great as a backup to Busquets when he got the chance and deserve at least another season in that role.

Barcilliant

One thing could alter all the above - INJURIES . We were very , very lucky last year .

Yes, we were lucky but Lucho's rotations helped enormously . We all hated it at the time but it worked out well in the end. We need a large squad with quality this season and there will be plenty of playing time and opportunities for the youngsters IF THEY STEP UP TO THE PLATE. Last season Munir, Sandro got playing time. Turan is a Lucho request and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Arda Turan isn't any better nor that much younger than Iniesta. The whole point of buying him is to have him for just half a season? I just don't see a lot of long term merit in it if Pogba is coming next season and if he isn't, there are younger and more technically gifted players who actually function as a CM that we could buy instead.

Personally I think Rafinha made a lot of progress too last season and might take this opportunity at the beginning of the season and run with it.

We need a long term transfer for Xavi's replacement, and Arda doesn't represent that in style nor in age. To be honest, this move could wait till January and even if our player is cup tied, he likely won't start over Rakiniesta anyway.

That's why I think our purchase should be either a more attacking complement to Rakitic or a tempo dictating complement to either Rafinha or Denis Suarez (the two players who I think should be who we consider Iniesta's replacement).

Barcilliant

Arda Turan isn't any better nor that much younger than Iniesta. The whole point of buying him is to have him for just half a season? I just don't see a lot of long term merit in it if Pogba is coming next season and if he isn't, there are younger and more technically gifted players who actually function as a CM that we could buy instead.

Personally I think Rafinha made a lot of progress too last season and might take this opportunity at the beginning of the season and run with it.

We need a long term transfer for Xavi's replacement, and Arda doesn't represent that in style nor in age. To be honest, this move could wait till January and even if our player is cup tied, he likely won't start over Rakiniesta anyway.

That's why I think our purchase should be either a more attacking complement to Rakitic or a tempo dictating complement to either Rafinha or Denis Suarez (the two players who I think should be who we consider Iniesta's replacement).

Fucking hell. I still can't believe people are banging on about "Xavis replacement ".
Firstly Xavi is irreplaceable, secondly Lucho has a more direct, physical style so why would we need another "Xavi "?
Even if we bought someone like Kross or Gundogan they would have a hard time fitting in.
The team and style are evolving . Get with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans