Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

Kind of pathetic we can only get 4-6 million euros for our young "starlets". EPL clubs have tons of money now and are paying 20mil + POUNDS for average players and we can't even squeeze out 6mil pounds for our youngsters (10mil euros or so).

I rather just keep them and hope the new coach can get Barca B back on track and start developing them properly. Then again....who is actually good enough to break into the first team....eh...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I can see a reason behind going for immediate impact big signings as to get most of Messi while we're priviliged to watch him at Barca.

La Masia can't be forgotten though and I hope it's just a matter of letting youth teams work away from the limelight.

We also have to remember that most players don't become world class til they're 25+, we got constantly lucky with messi, iniesta and co. Let them go and flourish and if they really want to come back, if they really love this club, they'll be alba/pique type players and have good careers here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We also have to remember that most players don't become world class til they're 25+, we got constantly lucky with messi, iniesta and co. Let them go and flourish and if they really want to come back, if they really love this club, they'll be alba/pique type players and have good careers here.

Alba and Pique both had a place with the former almost being guaranteed a starting position and the latter not expecting one.

I really hope we don't employ this strategy.

What happens if we sell Samper the same way and he goes on to really flourish, attracting the interest of several top teams while we keep buying players in his position in the meantime. Not sure he'll really come back then even though he's Blaugrana through and through, as even the most loyal and die-hard players need to think about their future.

We're playing with fire here because this board will keep buying players in the positions of the youth players getting sold and if those acquisitions fail while our academy player flourish somewhere else and really go on to develop into a very good player then we'll risk losing him/them.

I might be overthinking, but with a similar strategy a decade ago, someone like Iniesta might have never played for us... He was trusted, and given his time by the club and not just sent away somewhere else with the note 'meh....will get you back if you turn out useful, in the meantime we're gonna go fishing for some super stars'

Last edited:
Alba and Pique both had a place with the former almost being guaranteed a starting position and the latter not expecting one.

I really hope we don't employ this strategy.

What happens if we sell Samper the same way and he goes on to really flourish, attracting the interest of several top teams while we keep buying players in his position in the meantime. Not sure he'll really come back then even though he's Blaugrana through and through, as even the most loyal and die-hard players need to think about their future.

We're playing with fire here because this board will keep buying players in the positions of the youth players getting sold and if those acquisitions fail while our academy player flourish somewhere else and really go on to develop into a very good player then we'll risk losing him/them.

There is simply no place to hold all these players. Deulofeu, Adama, Halilovic all need lots of playing time in top flight football and we just don't have the space. If by selling these players we allow them to flourish and get better then we have to do it. We already have Rafinha who makes these players redundant. Samper on the other hand can more than play deputy for Busi because Roberto can play in more than just the DM position and with Iniesta getting older we need to rotate more than ever. This policy in and of itself isn/t a bad idea, it just needs to right execution and by that I mean only selling players who need time but cannot get it here because of the situation currently with our squad. So forwards should probably go but players like Grimaldo and Samper should stay as there is a need for them here.

Jombi

Hate to say it but the youth we have today are mediocre compared to what Iniesta, Xavi and Messi showed at that age. These players mesmerized fans when playing for the first team at the age of 18. That's why they were never going to get loaned or sold. They were simply that good and could make a difference in first team games at that age. Comparing guys like Suarez or Deulofeu to these guys is just bound to end in disappointment.

I might be overthinking, but with a similar strategy a decade ago, someone like Iniesta might have never played for us... He was trusted, and given his time by the club and not just sent away somewhere else with the note 'meh....will get you back if you turn out useful, in the meantime we're gonna go fishing for some super stars'

That was a different time. Back then, Barcelona weren't nearly close to the current level in terms of the playing team. And coaches didn't have the additional pressure of trying to win everything.

But note a certain thing, we clearly aren't selling our best prospects. We're only selling players who we don't think will reach the first team level due to various reasons, eg: Adama due to lack of IQ etc. Players with the right attitude and talent will be given a space for development in Barcelona. If the rumors are true then, the ones who Lucho has the highest hopes on are Rafinha, Samper, Munir and Sandro and for good reason.

The thing is as much we all love La Masia, we can't afford to waste a certain Messi's prime. Look, we're INSANELY lucky to get one of the top 3 players to all time to play with us. This has been Barcelona's most successful period by far due to us enjoying Ronaldinho's, Xavi, iniesta and now Messi's prime. Bartomeu and the board would be stupid for not trying to make the most out of the opportunity to bring the best out of the team right now. That's the main reason with our Galactico policy right now, as compared to Perez wanting a superstar for the sake of a new shiny toy.

Again, buy-back clauses can be a double edged sword, but it makes sense on an economical level. We've been absolutely horrid at loaning our players (Deulofeu, Suarez). Remember Bojan, do you realize how much more economically better it would've been if we had sold him outright?

La Masia has been progressively declining on an administrative level ever since Rossel came in, no doubt about that though. It really needs help.

Last edited:

Co0ter

We need to take advantage of Messi while he's still in his prime and before he starts to decline. Neymar and Suarez were perfect signings (not like Rosell saw Neymar as anything other than $ though). To be fair, most of the other signings have been great too. Arda is in his prime and a 100% Lucho player, same for Vidal. Arda will be 29 when he plays for us, Iniesta is already 31. If Samper really is that talented and Rafinha continues to improve and impress, they will be ready to integrate into the first team in a few seasons. They just need to be patient.

All we have to do is NOT sign Pogba.

Last edited:

serghei

There's also the possibility that Iniesta was better than Samper at the same age. There are generations and generations, it works in cycles. Iniesta in 2005 was a much better player than Samper is now. Also the case with Busi in 2008, considerably better. The fact is that the 87-89 generation was better then what followed post 1990. Lucho is known to like young players, so if they don't play, that means they're not ready. Of course we're gonna go for superstars if what we have in cantera is not good enough. If we had another Messi (or at least a player half the value of Messi) we wouldn't have bought Neymar. But we didn't have it, and what we did have in the LW, ST positions in terms of youth was not at the required level (Dongou, Tello and others). So we did what a big team does, we bought Neymar and Suarez.

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

Hate to say it but the youth we have today are mediocre compared to what Iniesta, Xavi and Messi showed at that age. These players mesmerized fans when playing for the first team at the age of 18. That's why they were never going to get loaned or sold. They were simply that good and could make a difference in first team games at that age. Comparing guys like Suarez or Deulofeu to these guys is just bound to end in disappointment.

:goodpost:

o_20120706020421_josep_maria_bartomeu_jordi_alba_era_un_objetivo_desde_hace_tiempo.jpg

50%+ votes.

:lol:
but it is obviously because we lack good talent

Zincubus

Banned

Was Xavi REALLY that good at 17 though ??

I honestly don't remember ..

Zincubus

Banned
Why are we loaning out our young midfield players and then signing another 18 year old Brazilian midfielder for 20 million !?
[MENTION=20217]barca[/MENTION]stuff: Barcelona want to sign Fluminense midfielder Gerson (18) in coming weeks. 5-year deal with player, transfer fee could be 15-20M. [sport]

Darko

Yes, Xavi was that good, but I feel Samper and Munir can make it, at least in a Pedro way, as great options to have on the bench.

xXKonan

Man United defender Marcos Rojo (25) wants to join Barcelona. Agent says talks will start in coming days. Could depend on Adriano. [dicen]

Abdennour (Monaco): "I'm ready to play at Barcelona. I'm very competitive and I think I have what's needed to triumph at Barça." [sport]

Abdennour: "I don't know if Barça called our president, but he decides. I'd like clubs to find a deal. I'm willing to wait until January."

Fluminense midfielder Gerson (18) could join Barcelona this summer and start playing in January, or stay in Brazil until next summer [sport]

lol wut at rojo though.

More likely a sketchy source on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans