Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

According to Di Marzio. Barcelona is sending Raul Sanheli to Brazil to meet with Fluminense's President and Gerson's father and they will have a meeting and Barcelona will make a bigger offer than Roma's in order to get Gerson. The other articles I've read it sounds like Barcelona has the upper Hand in having Personal agreements with Gerson and his Father, for them it's Barcelona or "Nothing". one of Roma's biggest problems is no matter how much money they throw at Fluminense, it comes down to the fact Gerson and his father want to wait and see what Barcelona will do.

G

Gasgas

i've seen a few of his videos and he looks good in them, a very good counterattacking player.
i would say he is a good addition to the team

xXKonan

Roma have made a 7M bid for Fluminense midfielder Gerson (18), while Barcelona made a 6M bid. Player wants to join Barcelona. [rac1]

i_bleed_blaugrana

As JamDav says, Busquets and Pedro were BETTER than Toure and Henry. Hence, Pep logically put them in as starters. Also, Samper is younger than Bartra was when Pep left in 2012. Pep did not trust Bojan and bought in big names even though Bojan clearly had potential (just as Samper has potential right now). Pep is a great coach, but please keep your line of argument consistent.

You guys are missing my point. Again, as I said prior, I'm not saying Samper, Bartra, Sandro, anyone should be benching our starters. Bartra got his start under Pep in 2010 when he was 19, I wasn't talking about Bartra's situation when Pep left, but when Bartra first broke into the first team.

All I am saying is that before we splash cash on more players, particularly in regards to Gerson, we should decide who among our young players (Rafinha, Samper, Halilovic, Denis Suarez, Munir, Bartra, Sandro) has the potential to be a starter in two years time and for those who don't, we simply sell. Otherwise we are just setting up both the players we have signed in the past and the players we sign now up to fail. D. Suarez, Halilovic and Gerson are all vying for the same spot and have similar attributes, so without one leaving, having all of them together reduces their playing time, their chances to develop and makes them more likely to bust. Its just a waste of a transfer and money if you only half give him a chance to prove himself, and loaning players out and expecting them to be a Fabregas simply isn't realistic.

With Pep and Busquets and Pedro, Pep never would have been able to gauge whether or not they were truly better or not if he didn't take a risk in playing them to see how they react. And I'm not saying sporadic sub appearances every 6 games, like a continual sub for a first team player, starts in low risk games, that's how you determine how a player fits into the team or if he doesn't.

It just doesn't make sense to me in buying a promising young attacking midfielder when we already have bought a young promising attacking midfielder for the past two summer transfer windows now, particularly when they haven't had a chance to feature and show what they can do with our best players.

Like I don't mind the Abdennour move, he's no Mathieu and actually could be world class. But unless/until we loan/sell Bartra or Vermalen and make room for Abdennour, it doesn't make a lot of sense when we all know that Pique-Masch is the starting pairing, no questions asked.

I feel even more like this with Gerson, let alone all of the other young players he will limit time towards, why sign him when Rafinha is clearly showing that he's an option as an attacking midfielder.

Again, why sign a player when you have two or three like them in the team. Abdennour is a better player than Bartra at the moment but you can't say that with Gerson over either Rafinha, Denis Suarez or Halilovic.

xXKonan

Was it not 15M from Roma? Decent buy for 6M if accepted.
I've read 6 mil,12 Mil to 16 mil from us (Depending on the different rumors). Di Marzio I Believe? and Rac1 3 days it go Roma offered 17 and we offered 16 in total. Like I said above Di Marzio, said we will be Back in Brazil very quickly to bump up our offer to try and seal it. What's working against Roma and working for us is we have personal agreements with Gerson and his dad and we could probably squeeze out more money for Gerson in the Longer run while Roma probably can't as they are looking for Fullbacks and can't afford to blow to much money. Not saying we are totally loaded aka we can't blow like 30 million on some 18 year old dude who may or may not be the real deal without repercussions.

To quote Jombi a bit, like he said you can't judge a player just be looking at YT montages, Some of the montages I've seen made him either look really Meh to really good, but If we do get him I will try and watch the games he plays in for us or on a loan.

hamidyk

According to Di Marzio. Barcelona is sending Raul Sanheli to Brazil to meet with Fluminense's President and Gerson's father and they will have a meeting and Barcelona will make a bigger offer than Roma's in order to get Gerson.

With Raúl Sanllehí it's already done !

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Pep was different to most managers. He was willing to take risks and use the youngsters.
Lucho prefers established players and unless a youngster is outstanding he would prefer a more proven and experienced player.
In a way Barça are a victim of their success. If we play the youngsters and they do shit everyone will call for Lucho's head. He is well aware of that and clearly doesn't want to take any chances.

Co0ter

I see absolutely nothing unique or special about Gerson. He makes Sandro and Munir look like superstmars. Just more money laundering, nothing to see here.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I see absolutely nothing unique or special about Gerson. He makes Sandro and Munir look like superstmars. Just more money laundering, nothing to see here.

1jW9rydC.jpeg

is that you?

serghei

Why did Pep not give more chances to Barta When it was the one area of the team in his time that the club had openings in.

Pep never gave young players minutes just to see them develop he gave them chances when he thought they were good enough options.

Why did Pep not make Bojan his CF rather than buy Ibra or Villa.

I think people look back on Peps time with rose tinted specs as to how much emphasis he put on youth players.

Yea, exactly. Let's be fair here. Pep only succesfully promoted Busquets and Pedro. Two players. That's it. And I love Pep. You could make a case about Pique, but Pique was actually bought from United. The 3 best Barca players that came from La Masia during Pep's time were Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi. All three were developed during Rijkhaard's time. That's why it's a game of chance actually, of chronology. We didn't have Pep at that time (2005-2007 mostly), yet, still, the great talent of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta prevailed. So why is Pep at the center of the idea of youth-development, when the pillars of that 2011 super-team were something that Pep inherited, not invented?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans