Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Done at performing great consistently, true, but not done at impacting a game with his experience and know-how at the highest level. Under the right circumstances I welcome RVP to Barca.

I think RVP would be a huge disappointment.

Last edited:

Jombi

I hope we get Sofiane Boufal from Lille. Young (22), versatile forward with a great future and wont complain if he doesnt play every game.

[youtube]/watch?v=sTqkpJZuIsc[/youtube]

khaled_a_d

I hope we get Sofiane Boufal from Lille. Young (22), versatile forward with a great future and wont complain if he doesnt play every game.

[youtube]/watch?v=sTqkpJZuIsc[/youtube]

According too L'Equipe Lille wants €30 for him ,so he won't come cheap

BBZ8800

Yes.
It would be really nice to buy Lewandowski or Benzema.
But people don't realize how huge debts we have and how much we are already paying for wages.
Even Nolito with 18M plus wages is extremely expensive for us currently.

I think RVP would be a huge disappointment.

If you are expecting Rvp on his prime, then yes, he will be a disappointment.
If you are expecting a guy weaker then MSN, but still very good, with insane highest-level experience and several levels above Sandro and Munir, then you won't be disappointed.

Plus, the cost is around 3M+wages.
(It would be good if he would sign 1 and a half year deal)

Last edited:

Albo

Sell Sandro, Munir, Adriano and Douglas which will probably give us about 10 euro or less based on recent performances. Buy Nolito, loan RvP and buy a ok and cheap LB.

Jombi

That's cheap for one of the best players in France in today's market IMO. Martial went for 80m and was less impressive in France. And Boufal's wages will be reasonable. After all, transfer fee is only half the cost. These are the types of players we need to go for. If we are actually going to buy someone, why not buy someone with real value? Or how about Lucas Lima? Best player in Brazil, plays for the national team, his contract runs out soon and he has said he will leave at the end of the Brazilian season in a couple of months. We cant expect to splash hundreds of millions on superstars and aging players with poor value who needs to be replaced a year or two later. These type of signings are luxury signings reminiscient of oil clubs with endless amounts of money. It's time to buy cheap, young and smart like our competitors do IMO.

Sell Sandro, Munir, Adriano and Douglas which will probably give us about 10 euro or less based on recent performances. Buy Nolito, loan RvP and buy a ok and cheap LB.

Keep in mind, we are more likely to have to pay to get rid of these players than to actually receive money. For example, which club would be willing to take on Douglas' contract amounting to several millions per year??

Yes.
It would be really nice to buy Lewandowski or Benzema.
But people don't realize how huge debts we have and how much we are already paying for wages.
Even Nolito with 18M plus wages is extremely expensive for us currently.

If we dont have or use a scout network and continue to show zero imagination in the transfer market, not only will we continue to amass massive debts, we will go bankrupt. We are rumoured to splash big for hyped players like Pogba or some other superstar. How can we afford that but not Boufal? Nolito is also likely to demand very high wages, so if we want to cut our wage bill, its much better to buy less hyped players with a great future like Sofiane Boufal IMO.

xXKonan

Ricardo Oliveira (Sao Paulo): "Barça rumour? Unfortunately, there's a lot of speculatiion. I saw it and I had to laugh." [sportv]

D10S_JC

[MENTION=11286]chelsea[/MENTION]_HQ: Pedro has told friends that he regrets moving to #Chelsea in the summer and would be happy to return to Barcelona. [fichajes]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[MENTION=11286]chelsea[/MENTION]_HQ: Pedro has told friends that he regrets moving to #Chelsea in the summer and would be happy to return to Barcelona. [fichajes]

Not sure if it is real, but I'd definitely take him back if the price is right and if he is willing to sit on the bench.

aaron101

Not sure if it is real, but I'd definitely take him back if the price is right and if he is willing to sit on the bench.

No thanks. The team already moved on. He will never be contented sitting on the bench. He gets upset when he doesn't start every game even though MSN is miles ahead him. He will only cause negative vibes on the locker room if he comes back. He really should have gone to Man United instead of Chelsea. Stupid and desperate move by him.

khaled_a_d

That's cheap for one of the best players in France in today's market IMO. Martial went for 80m and was less impressive in France. And Boufal's wages will be reasonable. After all, transfer fee is only half the cost. These are the types of players we need to go for. If we are actually going to buy someone, why not buy someone with real value? Or how about Lucas Lima? Best player in Brazil, plays for the national team, his contract runs out soon and he has said he will leave at the end of the Brazilian season in a couple of months. We cant expect to splash hundreds of millions on superstars and aging players with poor value who needs to be replaced a year or two later. These type of signings are luxury signings reminiscient of oil clubs with endless amounts of money. It's time to buy cheap, young and smart like our competitors do IMO.

People look at some of the big deals and keep saying "in today's market" ,well there is a lot of bargains in today's market as there is some crazy deals .30M is still a lot of money and still not cheap
Martial is special talent ,watching him with Manu and he clearly was worth every penny ,kid has the potential to win Ballon D'or tbh even while playing in EPL .something only Cr7 and Owen did in 50 years or so.he is sort of like Neymar in the sense he is worth such huge sum and risk
I don't follow Ligue 1 closely for couple of years, Boufal might be worth the sum or not .I don't know .but that price for us is a lot for back up striker to play behind MSN . I am all for buying young talents but the clubs seem to be eyeing more less costly ones .
for example we have been linked with Ante Ćorić,Riechedly Bazoer,Ruben Neves,Youri Tielemans in midfield . many others in other positions .

If we dont have or use a scout network and continue to show zero imagination in the transfer market, not only will we continue to amass massive debts, we will go bankrupt. We are rumoured to splash big for hyped players like Pogba or some other superstar. How can we afford that but not Boufal? Nolito is also likely to demand very high wages, so if we want to cut our wage bill, its much better to buy less hyped players with a great future like Sofiane Boufal IMO.

One full year we have been linked with Pogba ,and ended up with much cheaper option like Arda .As I said above we have been linked and scouting many young players .may be not the one you like but they are following many good prospects and it seem Roberts is eyeing to snatch a good talent or two
We will have Espai Barca soon .so seem that we will have to spent more wisely .I have my doubts that we will ever signs Pogba .the signing of Arda and the scouting of so many midfielders seem to have changed the stance of Barca on him ,his price and current performance won't help either . I think we are moving on from the marquee signing per year policy (if we ever had one) of the current board

Jombi

People look at some of the big deals and keep saying "in today's market" ,well there is a lot of bargains in today's market as there is some crazy deals .30M is still a lot of money and still not cheap
Martial is special talent ,watching him with Manu and he clearly was worth every penny ,kid has the potential to win Ballon D'or tbh even while playing in EPL .something only Cr7 and Owen did in 50 years or so.he is sort of like Neymar in the sense he is worth such huge sum and risk
I don't follow Ligue 1 closely for couple of years, Boufal might be worth the sum or not .I don't know .but that price for us is a lot for back up striker to play behind MSN . I am all for buying young talents but the clubs seem to be eyeing more less costly ones .
for example we have been linked with Ante Ćorić,Riechedly Bazoer,Ruben Neves,Youri Tielemans in midfield . many others in other positions .

I look at the market in general, and 30m euros for one of the best forwards in France is not a bad price. Especially as it is a negotiation price set by Lille so final price is likely to be more like 20m-25m possibly. All of the best attacking players in the top 5 leagues are likely to go for more unless they are approaching 30 years. Lille is a small club and cant demand a king's ransom.

I think the players you mention there are just way too young and more like Barca B signings, except Ruben Neves who Porto wont leave for less than a penny below his release clause of 40m euros (he'll probably go for way more if he signs a new deal and keeps performing in the CL).

Martial was good, but not extraordinary by any means in Ligue 1 so Man U found a gem and I'm shocked how good he looks in the EPL compared to France.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans