Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

I think Umtiti is the final addition, the core of the 2016-2017 roster is set now.

Forward starters:
MSN
Forward backups:
Denis Suarez, Messi, Munir, Rafinha

Attacking mids:
Starters:
Iniesta, Rak
Backups:
Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, Arda, Denis Suarez

DM:
Busquets
Backups Sergi Roberto, Masch.

FB:
Sergi Roberto, Alba
backups:
Vidal, Adriano

CB:
Pique & Masch
Backups:
Mathieu & Umtiti

Keepers:
Bravo, Ter Stegen

Maybe Adriano will leave, and be replaced.

20 players. There will be additional squad fillers, but they will play quite rarely. We will need to see Vidal look more dependable than he did last season, and D. Suarez/Munir will have to prove they deserve to play enough on the wings to give MSN more rest than they got last season. Extended injuries to any of MSN, Busquets, Alba, S. Roberto or Pique will likely cost trophies. It is incredible that Barca won La Liga last year with Messi out for so long.

Trickykid

Oliver Torres is so overrated it's not even funny. He's shown inconsistent good performances for like half a season a while back. Half the time I watch him play he's hugging the wings, how is he even still being considered as a choice as a CM for us. He's not even better than Roberto.

"The only true heir to Xavi"

:lol:

Jombi

I think Umtiti is the final addition, the core of the 2016-2017 roster is set now.

Final and only signing? That would certainly be underwhelming to say the least (I dont consider recalling Denis from a fancy loan deal as a signing).

We need someone like Gabriel Jesus (versatile forward) and a full back backup who can play on both sides.

Cant just sign a single player this window after signing so much garbage for so long. We would weaken our team, as everyone is a year older and that includes our core like Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Masche and Pique as well. We only have Neymar who can compensate for that aging, unless we expect Denis, Rafa and Sergi Roberto to become world class this season, and that's not something we can count on.

Last edited:

Messi983

Btw what's the deal with Samper? He's getting promoted right?

Yes, and he's apparently close to renew his contract. Will make preseason with first team and then probably go on loan, although there are rumours that Lucho wants to keep him next season. Could be used as Busquets's backup if Roberto will be starting RB but I don't think he'll get enough minutes to develop. We'll see what will happen.

opjeoff

I still think Samper can become a hit. He just needs a decent season under him. Let him be Busi's understudy this season. We can't improve current players if we buy new ones every season to fill in their positions. I say give Samper a chance in preseason before we even think of buying someone like Gomes. We do have talented players at the club, but we tend to forget.

gasgas

If he wont be signed i would also rather wait. Ideally i would want him this season but it wont happen it seems.
Our midfielders gotta be quite quick, especially for the role Pogba would play in.
Are there any really good young creative CMs out there except Veratti, Gündogan and maybe Koke?
Oliver Torres? Ruben Neves? Julian Weigl ?

Oliver Torres :lol:

gasgas

I still think Samper can become a hit. He just needs a decent season under him. Let him be Busi's understudy this season. We can't improve current players if we buy new ones every season to fill in their positions. I say give Samper a chance in preseason before we even think of buying someone like Gomes. We do have talented players at the club, but we tend to forget.
kid cant defend to save his life
how can he play as lone DM in a team like Barca?

gasgas

He sure does have a nasty habit of hiding that fantastic passing range of his. He completed, what, 5-10 passes or so against Croatia before he was yanked off? He had a solid game against Iceland, but aside from that, he's been the definition of mediocre this EURO.

Denis terrorized us when we played them in their den, and while Gomes had a good game when we lost at the Camp Nou, I really don't feel he stood out against either us or Los Merengues otherwise.

how many passes did rakitic complete in the same game?

i came across his performance highlight against RM

PhilS

Final and only signing? That would certainly be underwhelming to say the least (I dont consider recalling Denis from a fancy loan deal as a signing).

We need someone like Gabriel Jesus (versatile forward) and a full back backup who can play on both sides.

Cant just sign a single player this window after signing so much garbage for so long. We would weaken our team, as everyone is a year older and that includes our core like Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Masche and Pique as well. We only have Neymar who can compensate for that aging, unless we expect Denis, Rafa and Sergi Roberto to become world class this season, and that's not something we can count on.
Can't say I disagree that the team could use another high potential young player or two for this upcoming season, I just have my doubts that they will. Except maybe they will spring for Bellerin.

FC Barca rates their youngsters a lot higher than you do, Jombi. Getting in a potential star young forward, with extremely few minutes of playing time available subbing for MSN, might not be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans