Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavi_the_Boss

IMO someone like Doria holds the same potential but would be cheaper and much easier to bring. Of course he can't be our short term primary signing but if we are going to splurge this summer, we should bring 2.

Why should we bring 2 when we have Edgar Ie,Riera and Tarin in the youth?

JamDav1982

Laporte has said that he doesn't intend to move in the next few seasons. He'd be worth the investment long term but it's way too difficult to take him since the price is so high, Zubi put Athletic off limits, and he himself doesn't want to move.

IMO someone like Doria holds the same potential but would be cheaper and much easier to bring. Of course he can't be our short term primary signing but if we are going to splurge this summer, we should bring 2.

50m or close to that would get him no matter what Bilbao wanted to happen.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
50m or close to that would get him no matter what Bilbao wanted to happen.

When did I say otherwise? It's the player that could very possibly decline and the price itself is daunting for any team to pay. Not to mention that it won't happen bc of Zubi's policy.

JamDav1982

When did I say otherwise? It's the player that could very possibly decline and the price itself is daunting for any team to pay. Not to mention that it won't happen bc of Zubi's policy.

Calm down love.

I am just pointing out the price that Bilbaos stance becomes irrelevant.

Would you support paying that for him?

Crixus

What if :zubi: is distracting the media by talking with chelsea about D.luiz so he can sign another defender ? :lol: (sneaky zubi )

i_bleed_blaugrana

I have no issue with us getting Luiz if he isn't the only CB we sign. Him alone won't do it. Don Andres highlighted precisely the sort of attributes our defense needs and while I think Luiz would be better than Mascherano, he wouldn't be an improvement on either Piqué or Bartra.

Call me crazy but if we have to get a Brazilian CB, the one we should be going for is in PSG.

A Benatia, Kurt Zouma or Laporte is exactly what we need and most importantly, they would all complement Bartra. For example, if we got Laporte, they very well could be the pairing that emerges as Spain's backbone in the future. Bartra-Laporte would be a force.

I don't dislike Luiz at all though and if we get him along with a Laporte or Benatia, I think he could actually do really well as a defensive utility man. But we need a no-nonsense defender who can pass with solid technique to replace the hole Puyol left in our defense and Luiz hardly instills the same amount of confidence as Puyol.

I'd actually prefer 2 CBs, sell Song and move Mascherano back as a DM. I think a Busi-Masch double pivot would actually work.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
50m for Laporte???

He has proved nothing to be worth that for me.

After everyone raved about him last night I watched the game again and he was nothing special and constantly looked to be pulled out of position and was being pulled everywhere.

He is a good young player but to be speaking about spending 50m on him is insane.

Laporte is just 19, no surprise he has lapses and is prone to mistakes borne out of inexperience. He has 50M worth potential, but only that, potential. Barcelona cannot risk 50M in just potential.

Right now he is worth 10M, maybe 15M, but the potential is there and Bilbao knows it. They would much rather hold the asset a little longer and wait for it to mature and cash in big down the road.

I wish Barcelona would get creative and find a way to deal with Bilbao. Maybe a down-payment this season, the player remains with Bilbao for another season, and afterwards Barcelona get a cheaper transfer because of it.

Though I don't see it. Bilbao knows what they have and knows it'll be in high demand. They'll cash in.

Stric

At this point, and with no high quality and experienced CB willing to join, I'd rather have Pique and Bartra as our first choice CB pair, and get someone young but promising as our third or whatever CB option. I'd rather have Bartra get some reasonable minutes than get an expensive and famous but sub-par CB, and see Bartra start getting his minutes in April again, when all others start getting injured.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Instead of paying so much money for defenders that aren't worth it we should buy a disciplined and experienced (above 30) cb who has proved that he is reliable.
I mean if you can't get Thiago Silva, don't gamble with same amount of money just to fill up a spot. Get someone cheaper.

Bartra and Ie should have prospects too.

JamDav1982

Laporte is just 19, no surprise he has lapses and is prone to mistakes borne out of inexperience. He has 50M worth potential, but only that, potential. Barcelona cannot risk 50M in just potential.

Right now he is worth 10M, maybe 15M, but the potential is there and Bilbao knows it. They would much rather hold the asset a little longer and wait for it to mature and cash in big down the road.

I wish Barcelona would get creative and find a way to deal with Bilbao. Maybe a down-payment this season, the player remains with Bilbao for another season, and afterwards Barcelona get a cheaper transfer because of it.

Though I don't see it. Bilbao knows what they have and knows it'll be in high demand. They'll cash in.

That is my point he has potential at moment but still a long way to go.

It is almost impossible for Barca to find a creative deal to sign him. Bilbao just wont deal with any club that way. They will say pay 50m or forget it.

Only leverage any team will ever have with them will be if they have Basque players to add to deals etc. Other than that forget it.

JamDav1982

I have no issue with us getting Luiz if he isn't the only CB we sign. Him alone won't do it. Don Andres highlighted precisely the sort of attributes our defense needs and while I think Luiz would be better than Mascherano, he wouldn't be an improvement on either Piqué or Bartra.

Call me crazy but if we have to get a Brazilian CB, the one we should be going for is in PSG.

A Benatia, Kurt Zouma or Laporte is exactly what we need and most importantly, they would all complement Bartra. For example, if we got Laporte, they very well could be the pairing that emerges as Spain's backbone in the future. Bartra-Laporte would be a force.

I don't dislike Luiz at all though and if we get him along with a Laporte or Benatia, I think he could actually do really well as a defensive utility man. But we need a no-nonsense defender who can pass with solid technique to replace the hole Puyol left in our defense and Luiz hardly instills the same amount of confidence as Puyol.

I'd actually prefer 2 CBs, sell Song and move Mascherano back as a DM. I think a Busi-Masch double pivot would actually work.

Laporte is French.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans