Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
But why sell Alexis, really? He's finally starting to get his grove going in Barca, he's consitently been one of our top performers this entire season. In my opinion selling him would just be inviting more complications for us this summer. We need to focus our efforts and money in getting two centerbacks, one rightback, one midfielder and a second goalkeeper. Our line of forwards led by Messi is arguably one of the strongest in the world already.

Rumors are that Alexis will go to Juve. But I want to keep him too. But I think he will leave.

hardyboy

Tata Martino has the support of the board to continue next season. Sports director Zubizarreta has asked him to stay (Marca)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
But why sell Alexis, really? He's finally starting to get his grove going in Barca, he's consitently been one of our top performers this entire season. In my opinion selling him would just be inviting more complications for us this summer. We need to focus our efforts and money in getting two centerbacks, one rightback, one midfielder and a second goalkeeper. Our line of forwards led by Messi is arguably one of the strongest in the world already.

The team lacks scoring under pressure and when facing tough discipline squads because all their scorers outside of Messi are mainly team scorers, not individual scorers. This is a problem. Maybe Neymar can reach a point where he is a consistent individual scorer, but he is not there yet.

This was never more apparent when the team only scored twice in the 4 games that decided their season. An upgrade at the forward line is very much advisable if not necessary.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Holy fkin god. Why we need this Tata? We need new players and new style with new coach. Hoping Marca is bullshitting again. Knowing Tata, he has the balls to say that he has done bad and he needs to go.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Tata staying is not a bad move.

This team cannot become a club where managers are only given one year to work with, specially when said manager is handcuffed with an incomplete and aging roster.

Tata should leave only if he wants to and if the team gets a clear cut upgrade for the position.

L

linetty

He is a conservative coach, I dont like that...seems like we're going to see 0 first team minutes for the cantera again

Kohe321

The team lacks scoring under pressure and when facing tough discipline squads because all their scorers outside of Messi are mainly team scorers, not individual scorers. This is a problem. Maybe Neymar can reach a point where he is a consistent individual scorer, but he is not there yet.

This was never more apparent when the team only scored twice in the 4 games that decided their season. An upgrade at the forward line is very much advisable if not necessary.

Well, yeah I agree, but is it more pressing than finding someone to offload Xavi? Perhaps you're right. I can't see us having the money needed to spend big on a world class forward, even with the sale of Alexis, in addition to all the other positions we need reinforcing. But perhaps we could make do in midfield by selling Song and moving Masch to midfield as a backup for Busquets, as well as returning Rafinha from Celta, and then have enough money to spend on a forward.

But that leads us to the same problem: if we sell Alexis but can't get Reus from Dortmund as we're already going for Hummels, who do we sign as a RW then? Deulofeu would be a huge downgrade from Alexis. Of course we could get Benatia instead of Hummels and perhaps get Reus from Dortmund instead, would this be realistic? I'd take Hummels over Benatia if it were just between these two, but perhaps this is the best solution?

Cuadrado to take over for Alves is interesting, I've seen a couple of matches and been impressed with his abilities going forward, but is he a step up from Alves defensively? We should aim to get someone like Abidal at right back to bring balance to the defence, as we already have Alba bolting down the left flanks for most of the time we have the ball.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Cuadrado is a natural winger. I've not seen him play that often but I don't believe that he'd be an upgrade to Alves defensively. I'd rather go for a player whose strenghts lay in the defence...

I

instinct

Barcelona are one of the clubs, with Zenit and Roma, that are interested in Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen (27). [mirror]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans