Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMessi85

I heard a whisper that Chelsea have extended Courtouis's loan deal as part of the negotiations for them taking Diego Costa this summer ..

Yes according to rumours Chelsea is interested in Diego Costa. Also according to rumours Costa has said that he wanted to stay at Atletico.
Chelsea would be dumb to let Courtois go. He's a great keeper and already among the best in the world. All those rumours :angry:, but we'll see.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BmqVifrIYAAavW3.jpg:large

Ursegor

World Champion
They are not identical, Busquets pushes forward to serve as a link-up with the midfield a lot vs parked buses, this is also because of the deterioration of Xavi, Busquets has to do more on the buildup than he used to have to. That causes him to get caught in less than ideal positions to defend counters when they start. In both formations Busquets would have the same role, just the second he is covered by 3 instead of 2.

As to the rest, you won't have 4 defenders covering the back, the middle CB is the sweeper, the other two cover the sides. Keeping a solid cover in the back allows the offensive players freedom to attack and take risks. Plenty of Barcelona's offensive problems start with the shaky and untrustworthy defense as it doesn't allow the offensive players to take risks and lose balls for fear of getting hurt in the counter.

As for Alves, simply instructing him to stay back is not enough. Forgetting the fact that Alves is an offensive minded fullback and you cannot change a tiger's stripes, at this point in his career he is no longer the player he used to be, nor was he ever a great defender.

Again, I'll remind you that I am neither advocating this formation to be a staple of the team, nor did I suggest it in the first place. I merely commented on it and spoke of its merits as the alternative formation if was originally suggested by the original poster.
I fully think keeping the 4-3-3 formation and reinforcing the CBs, RB with a defensive minded option, CM and RW is the way to go forward.

Naaah. It's really the same. I'll draw some arrows, then you'll see it.

Now:

bme7cjas.png

"3-5-2":

9evu228r.png

How it looks like in real life:

Red is your last line of defense. Blue is the long diagonal outlet ball to the space behind Alves' back + run and cross to the middle from the winger. Having 2 DMs changes nada as the diagonal ball takes them out anyway and Busquets will be too far up the pitch to recover.

The more logical option is to play normal 4-3-3 and leave 1 fullback at the back and cover the space behind Alves, not crowd the center. Which is perfectly possible, even if Alver or Alba are attack-minded usually. Alba did stay back against Milan last season in Camp Nou.

This "3-5-2" just makes everything worse. If you think we keep pushing higher and higher with our usual lineup then we'll logically do it even more when we take out an attacker and replace him with a "sweeper". Because it will make it harder to create with so many defensive minded players on the pitch so everyone will push higher up.

Ursegor

World Champion
Well what else would he say?
Of course he wouldn´t say that next season he is gonna win the treble with Barca.

Never going to happen anyway. This supposed deal was suspect from the get go. I believed just a little because I trusted Ryan but Athletic Club never negotiate. € 36M + tax = well over € 40M for a talent. Not gonna happen. We didn't offer more than € 30M for Marquinhos either.

Daniel Agger to the rescue then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well what else would he say?
Of course he wouldn´t say that next season he is gonna win the treble with Barca.

You're right, but in most cases, players tries to dodge the question or be more withdrawn in their answers.

This doesn't mean anything..

Of course, neither does the rumours sadly. The last couple of years we've been linked with several players only to be left heartbroken with no signings or settling for much, much less.

I don't believe these Laporte rumours. I am at the point where I would not be suprised if we even miss out on Ter Stegen which sound impossible.

I

instinct

Is here anyone who can give me detailed information about Cuadrado's defensive abilities? Or his overall abilities. I watched tons of videos but I'm not smarter. He'd be signed for the RB spot, wouldn't he? So is he reliable on that position? I never watched him in a full match.

hardyboy

You're right, but in most cases, players tries to dodge the question or be more withdrawn in their answers.

Of course, neither does the rumours sadly. The last couple of years we've been linked with several players only to be left heartbroken with no signings or settling for much, much less.

I don't believe these Laporte rumours. I am at the point where I would not be suprised if we even miss out on Ter Stegen which sound impossible.
but this year is different. we'll definately spent decent amount of money this summer considering the transfer ban that can be held again anytime next year. Also the fans are angry due to the incompetence of board which will force them to churn our some cash this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans