Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

So..... fill me in fellas, whats the news so far on Monday?
The deals on Benatia and Marquinhos are closing in & we are interested in Ciro Immobile who is close to reaching an agreement with Borussia Dortmund :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So..... fill me in fellas, whats the news so far on Monday?

- We apparently offered 30m + Alves for Marquinhos according to reports in Paris, France, BUT Nasser rejected it. MD is saying that he is our priority ahead of Benatia since he is younger and supposedly got better passing skils lmao.

- Benatia's agent is in Barcelona now to talk about a transfer of his client to the club according to France Football and reports from Morocco saying he was allowed to leave the national team camp to review the offers he has.

- MD saying we're interested in Immobile, but reports from Di Marzio(Sky Italia) that we have not contacted Juve, Torino or Immobile's agent yet at all.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The deals on Benatia and Marquinhos are closing in & we are interested in Ciro Immobile who is close to reaching an agreement with Borussia Dortmund :)

- We apparently offered 30m + Alves for Marquinhos according to reports in Paris, France, BUT Nasser rejected it. MD is saying that he is our priority ahead of Benatia since he is younger and supposedly got better passing skils lmao.

- Benatia's agent is in Barcelona now to talk about a transfer of his client to the club according to France Football and reports from Morocco saying he was allowed to leave the national team camp to review the offers he has.

- MD saying we're interested in Immobile, but reports from Di Marzio(Sky Italia) that we have not contacted Juve, Torino or Immobile's agent yet at all.

Good, good, thank you for catching me up. The Immobile part certainly is a new wrinkle.

I do hope Marquinhos' transfer does not go pass the €30m + Alves points. That's expensive enough as it is.

L

Learo

Since Marquinhos is our first priority, Im sure we will improve the 30m+Alves bid for him. I said we would get him for 50m and I think that is still the case. I hope it would be a little less though.

If we get Benatia as well, I cant see him being less expensive than Marquinhos who isnt even a regular starter. The question then remains if we have any more money left for other transfers or if we should focus on the many fantastic talents we have in midfield and attack.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
How does Marquinhos compare against Bartra and Varane anybody ?
What are his strengths and weaknesses ? Is it going to be a disaster if we buy him ?? Getting worried reading all the negative stuff about him !

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Even if they spend €70m + Alves on Marquinhos and Benatia, not only is that not all the supposed transfer budget, but Barcelona have options to recoup that money with player sales. Cesc, Alexis and Song + all the peripheral small sales can raise those €70m back up.

I think the obstacle right now is less about money, than it is about finding the right player and having their respective teams agree to sell them to Barca.

serghei

What are his strengths and weaknesses ? Is it going to be a disaster if we buy him ?? Getting worried reading all the negative stuff about him !

IMO, better than Bartra, a little under Varane.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if they spend €70m + Alves on Marquinhos and Benatia, not only is that not all the supposed transfer budget, but Barcelona have options to recoup that money with player sales. Cesc, Alexis and Song + all the peripheral small sales can raise those €70m back up.

I think the obstacle right now is less about money, than it is about finding the right player and having their respective teams agree to sell them to Barca.

Mestre said that they will spend what it takes to make the team competitive for the next season so money is not an issue at all I reckon.

serghei

@Sumlit, if you sell Alexis you have to pursue Reus or Aguero. That's more money. Those 120 millions should be spent to the last dime, considering the transfer ban and all.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
@Sumlit, if you sell Alexis you have to pursue Reus or Aguero. That's more money. Those 120 millions should be spent to the last dime, considering the transfer ban and all.

Agreed, however the option is still there to ease a big signing with a big sale. The same case applies to Cesc. A big CM buy will likely cost more than Cesc's sale, yet it will ease the cost by getting big income.

Mestre said that they will spend what it takes to make the team competitive for the next season so money is not an issue at all I reckon.

Yeah that's what I think. The main obstacle is finding the right player and having their teams agree to sell them.

Xavinho

What negative stuff? He's a great young player with a ton of potential. Pace, not bad in the air, and doesn't seem to have any attitude problems. I'd prefer to go for Benatia but I'd be happy if we got Marquinhos.

L

Learo

If Marquinhos goes for roughly 45m (35m+Alves), then I can see Roma trying to hold out for more than that for Benatia. If we can get Benatia for 35m, that would be amazing, but i can see him smashing the world transfer record for a defender by a large margin. Personally, I think we should go for Laporte who has a buy-out clause and also has his best years ahead of him.

If we sell Cesc for 30m, Alexis for 20m and Song for 7-8m, then we can use almost 60m to buy a striker I think (assuming we have abit more than 100m in total to buy for before sales).

Shegzy

how does marquinhos compare with stones(Everton),laporte,mussachio,varane and bartra BTW stones can also play rb and will be cheaper than marquinhos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans