Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

Adama and Deulofeu are teenagers who have yet to prove themselves. Alexis has scored a decent amount but what about all the chances he's missed? I'm never confident when he's in a scoring position because he has the ability to pull off brilliant goals but also miss the easiest of chances.

barca1899

Besides Ter Stegen, Barcelona could sign a second goalkeeper this summer. They are interested in Malaga keeper Willy Caballero (32). [sport]

abual3bed1

Caballero is too good to sit on the bench. I don't see this happening unless he would want to end his career in an elite club.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barca should not waste resources getting a 2nd goal keeper, when they have so many other needs that must be filled. That's a very inefficient use of resources.

Get you your World Class starting keeper, fill the backup with Pinto/Masip.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barca should not waste resources getting a 2nd goal keeper, when they have so many other needs that must be filled. That's a very inefficient use of resources.

Get you your World Class starting keeper, filled the backup with Pinto/Masip.

Didn't Pinto say that he will be leaving after this season?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Get you your World Class starting keeper, fill the backup with Pinto/Masip.

I don't agree...Ter Stegen is young, new country/club/culture/language/league and a veteran would make sense to rotate with him...If Pinto is leaving then can't rely on another young keeper when we've deployed 2 routinely over the past 6 seasons in multiple competitions...Reina makes sense but may be priced out...Cabellero will be 33 and has 2 years left on his contract, not sure he'd come much cheaper

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Willy already play 2nd fiddle to Romero now to Ter Stregen what has he done to deserve so much shit

KING XAVI

Laporte looks the real deal,pace power,a hood understanding of the game,his aerial ability could be questioned.but otherwise a superb defender,im sure he's as good as pique in the air,and he'll only get better........
....are we going with the same old predictable false 9 system again.......i hope not.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't agree...Ter Stegen is young, new country/club/culture/language/league and a veteran would make sense to rotate with him...If Pinto is leaving then can't rely on another young keeper when we've deployed 2 routinely over the past 6 seasons in multiple competitions...Reina makes sense but may be priced out...Cabellero will be 33 and has 2 years left on his contract, not sure he'd come much cheaper

Any keeper the team would be willing to trust with rotational duties and/or Copa del Rey responsibility will cost you a moderate amount of resources. It is not a smart and efficient use of resources to spend them on a second keeper for that role, when the team is in such dire need of reinforcement across the board.

Trust Stegen and trust either Pinto for one more season, or your cantera standout who is having a very solid season in Masip.

Edit. Don't get me wrong though, I agree with your points. I just don't think right now it is smart to waste limited resources on a 2nd keeper.

JamDav1982

Any keeper the team would be willing to trust with rotational duties and/or Copa del Rey responsibility will cost you a moderate amount of resources. It is not a smart and efficient use of resources to spend them on a second keeper for that role, when the team is in such dire need of reinforcement across the board.

Trust Stegen and trust either Pinto for one more season, or your cantera standout who is having a very solid season in Masip.

Edit. Don't get me wrong though, I agree with your points. I just don't think right now it is smart to waste limited resources on a 2nd keeper.

It is smart resources if the number two keeper is called upon and can be the difference between one round of the CL and next or the difference between winning a final and losing one.

Pinto looked poor in the Diego goal in the CL and the Bale goal in the final.

Most top teams operate with a good standard back up keeper, anything else is taking an risk that isnt required.

Jägermeister

It is all nice and good if we have the nicest ideas to reinforce our squad and make lists of who to buy. But hopefully Zubi also realizes that this summer it is really time to spend big. The first option is, that our ban is just delayed and will be activated next winter and summer 2015. If so, we should take the money, which was planed to spend in these periods, and buy new players now. [Please don´t let them take it for the stadium...] Add depth to our squad in every area, not only in the defense. Because if they have the thinking that for every non cb we buy, another player of our current squad must leave, it will just bring us the same problems that we have now (only with other protagonists or in another area of the team).
The second option is that the ban will be arranged. In this case we also should spend big now. As we know Zubi won´t get us anybody new in the winter, even if it would be needed. A second bad season from our side could possibly make us less interesting to other players. Today we still have the big name and the victories of recent years still make people believe that we are the best team on the planet. Two consecutive years without an impact in Europe and/or Spain might erode our reputation to a certain degree so that our transfer targets rather go to Bayern or Real or Psg (for the money) because there they see better chances of winning the CL.
I know this is kind of dramatic and probably would not take place as badly as I described, but I exaggerated the situation to make my point clear.

F

Flavia

I think a good 2nd keeper is vital. This season showed it. Valdes got injured, Barça season was over. Willy would be cheaper than reina, smaller wages as well. And knows the liga, the players. Would help MAtS integrate.
Masip is promising, but it's too risk to rely on him.

And if zubi is smart, he'll spend this year's and next year's budget. There is the possibility the ban will return. Better safe than sorry.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It is smart resources if the number two keeper is called upon and can be the difference between one round of the CL and next or the difference between winning a final and losing one.

Pinto looked poor in the Diego goal in the CL and the Bale goal in the final.

Most top teams operate with a good standard back up keeper, anything else is taking an risk that isnt required.

Most top teams are not in the dire situation personnel wise that Barcelona find themselves currently. In any other circumstance, this would not even be a debate, however Barcelona need to revitalize the team big time, and 2nd keeper should be deep in their priority list.
Barcelona have gone years with Pinto as back-up, and they have won titles with Pinto between the posts. I agree he is not ideal, however Barcelona did not get eliminate by Altetico and did not lose the Copa final because of Pinto. There are other deeper issues that need higher priority and would require the resources.

But don't get me wrong though, If they address the other priorities and/or find a cheap, quality option, then I'm all for it. I just don't think significant time and resources should be invested on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans