Camp Nou

jamrock

Lol add me to that bet, we'll definitely be in at some point this season.

Side note, I've been seeing a few of new stadium designs with a similar roof design to ours, I guess that's the new way architects are designing cost effective stadium roofs.

companyofcules

Lol add me to that bet, we'll definitely be in at some point this season.

Side note, I've been seeing a few of new stadium designs with a similar roof design to ours, I guess that's the new way architects are designing cost effective stadium roofs.
The best roof for grass growth

jamrock

City council has agreed for work on the stadium to be carried out 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday. on the interior of the stadium.

Good that the city is doing as much as it can to help the work along.

Now if only they would buy our parking lot or whatever for a couple 100m we'd be set.

Loki

Let's wait a bit. They also allowed Limak to work on Saturdays if they promised to keep the noise down. Limak failed in that and also in respecting working hours, so they revoked the permit again.
Can happen here as well, if they make too much noise in the night.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I recall this discussion in recent vids that since a lot of the work would be shifting into the interior much of it could be accelerated with expanded working hours - which should be less noisy

serghei

It's gonna be an amazing stadium that will maintain the magic of the old one. I am glad they did not change the colosseum style, that's the hallmark of Camp Nou. And the cable roof is extremely practical, light, and beneficial for the grass if some of the light can get through it.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

1726078528239.png

Call me crazy, but I would love a massive statue of this attached to the roof of the stadium and tilted down at a 45 degree angle so it is literally looming over the pitch.

It would cost a fair bit but would be a huge money spinner in the long run as a tourist attraction. Players could look up at it and get inspiration whilst playing as well.

Unique and never been done before.

Messigician

View attachment 10991

Call me crazy, but I would love a massive statue of this attached to the roof of the stadium and tilted down at a 45 degree angle so it is literally looming over the pitch.

It would cost a fair bit but would be a huge money spinner in the long run as a tourist attraction. Players could look up at it and get inspiration whilst playing as well.

Unique and never been done before.
Gimmick

Porque

New Old Trafford is projected to be 100k seater. Great timing from Laporta to get this one completed and maintain always being the biggest stadium in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans